Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

On two threads, Lana has given you a reference to check out for Charles Stanley who explains better than anyone I know of WHY we are going to war...

Both times you've just ignored the link she gave you. It clears up a lot of  confusion as to where we as Christians must stand in times of war.

Anyone who's heard this godly pastor's pleas understands why we need to stand behind our president.

Despite countless times it's been explained that war is NOT the same as our individual and personal relationship with people who wrong us, you keep tossing up Luke Chapter 6.

I live by Luke Chapter, OA...I live and breathe by it.

But I also understand that we must rightly divide the Word of God and yes, there's plenty here who also have the same Holy Spirit living in us.

I've worked night and day with Muslims and have no desire to see anyone perish. Neither does God.

This country sends out more missionaries worldwide than any other. If this country folds, so will a strong missionary base.

We are not about to "fold" till God calls the game. Until then, remember that Jesus ALSO said, "I have come not to bring peace, but a sword".  The Muslim terrorists HATE Jews and Christians and want us dead. They will destroy us if allowed to.

Yes, I do love my enemies. I could have taken many to court and won but turned the other cheek. Not the same as war. Not even in the same ballfield.

Just as you're amazed, I too am amazed at the utter lack of Christian support of our godly leaders who are being led by the Holy Spirit and guided to do what is right.

I don't have all the facts; I don't know every detail; I don't fully understand the politics of this war.

I do know that when we ask God to guide and protect our leaders and their minds, He will honor our prayers and direct their paths to walk in righteousness, even if we the people don't understand.  

Sometimes, we just have to trust God. He's the One in charge.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Don't bow out, One, it's through debates like this that I learn other points of view. Maybe I can learn more about God's word through you. I think though, that we will have to agree to disagree on some of these points.

Cat's right, we must rightly divide the Word. I think that God was refering to people like Saddam in those verses you quoted. That HE will be brought down by the sword because of his rejection of Gods' will and his atrocities.

Peace, friend.

May Gods' wisdom touch us all.

t.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

After this war starts, don't be at all surprised when your president comes on TV after many US cities are hit with 9/11 type events and worse, and declares national emergency, martial law and armies of the UN from countries that hate us are called in to defend us.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

• Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  881
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I think that Jimmy Carter has it right about this war.

• Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

Yes Jimmy Carter has a history of knowing how to deal with terrorists, right? In your dreams only whatsitmean. Remember Iran? You cannot use diplomacy with terrorists, make no mistake the reason Saddam is even getting rid of one of those missles is because 250,000 troops are sitting at his front door. He is playing to the antiwar movement and they are playing right into his hands and propaganda machine. I am so sorry that true Christians, aren't convinced this is a just war. Its going to happen, so I would advise you to get on board and support the Prez and our troops now. We don't want another Vietnam, do we? Our troops need our support, and our prayers at this time like no other.

Please read the website I have posted repeatedly:

I'm with you, Lana! :thumb:

The website of Charles Stanley, In Touch Ministries is excellent. If you want to understand the reason war is necessary and justified, check the site Lana's given.

It speaks from the Christian perspective.

And I can't speak for the rest of you, but I want my children to live long lives and not be taken prisoner by Muslim extremists.

Jimmy Carter????

Oh, my troubles......

t.

I wish he'd take his nobel prize  and just go home..

Your'e right, Lana.

Want to know another little secret about those missles he's destroying for the cameras? These are the same missles that he said he never had in the first place! Just another point that the media seems to not bring to surface.

t.