Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Hey, Ted...we are thinking about you and pray you are alright...we'd sure appreciate an update when you can...

Bless you, dear brother...

For anyone who doesn't know...Ted is over "there" right now...

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.49
  • Days Won:  3

I feel really sorry for the Hollywood crowd and they need our prayers. My uncle was an actor in Hollywood. TV and big screen. A character actor. He was born and raised on a dirt farm, dirt poor. He left for the life of excitement. I was so impressed with him growing up. He was a very kindly man and told us kids great stories. He was a regular in Gunsmoke, and was in the Waltons and Andy Griffith several times. Lots of movies, lots of TV shows.

Anyway, 3 or 4 years ago I went to LA to interview an actor who, during my teenage years, was a heart throb! This man was sort of an adopted son by my uncle and they lived down the street from each other. This guy was a "could have been. " Anyway, the company that I work for used to have a video production studio and we did tv commercials and corporation promotional videos and such. So I took the camera man and flew to LA. I was producing a video about my uncle for the city here to induct him into the Buddy Holly walk of Fame memorial. I felt like a bigtime Hollywood producer. LOL!! Point of the story (is there one? ) when I finally got there and got to meet my teenage idol, who was very nice by the way, I was shocked to hear some of the stories about my uncle. Now, my uncle was around those like Greta Garbo and Andy Griffith and Betty Davis. Hung out with 'em at the parties. But the big story this guy had to tell me was that my uncle was an important man in Hollywood because a Tibetan monk thought he was sooooo in tune with him. The monk's name was Chrisnamurti. (sp) I never knew that my uncle went the way of Richard Gere and George Harrison. I was sick when I heard this. These people are so empty inside and are looking for something real and lasting. They aren't looking in the right place.

It is most certainly a spiritual battle; that's why Hollywood tends to hate and despise Christianity and Judaism.

I have a documentary by Michael Medved, a well-known movie critic. He documents various movies and shows the steady growth in anti-Christian and Jewish themes in films over the years...

He shows how years ago priests, pastors, nuns and Christians in general were thought favorably and played by attractive, lovable characters.

Over the years you can see how Hollywood remakes of movies, such a Cape Fear...have degenerated into an attack against anyone professing to be a Christian.

Christians are made out to be repressed psychopaths and mental patients stalking out their victims...such as in Cape Fear. Even in the popular movie, "A Few Good Men" Keifer Sutherland is supposed to be a god-fearing Christian, all the while being a sadistic jerk...

Nuff said...Hollywood has it's problems, no doubt. If fact, we are living in a time of such profound darkness and alienation from God, it's amazing that people no longer even "fear" God or have any sense of the consequences to their actions.

• Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

A group of American anti-war demonstrators who came to Iraq with Japanese human shield volunteers made it across the border today with 14 hours of uncensored video, all shot without Iraqi government minders present. Kenneth Joseph, a young American pastor with the Assyrian Church of the East, told UPI the trip "had shocked me back to reality." Some of the Iraqis he interviewed on camera "told me they would commit suicide if American bombing didn't start. They were willing to see their homes demolished to gain their freedom from Saddam's bloody tyranny. They convinced me that Saddam was a monster the likes of which the world had not seen since Stalin and Hitler. He and his sons are sick sadists. Their tales of slow torture and killing made me ill, such as people put in a huge shredder for plastic products, feet first so they could hear their screams as bodies got chewed up from foot to head."

UPI

I heard about this too, John. It's horrific. Not only do I believe we need to stand with our president and troops but we need to be moved to compassion for the hoards of Saddam Hussein's victim's.

It is a crime to stand around and do absolutely nothing, when we have the power to do something.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The way for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing.

Amen, Lana! :cool2: