InfoCentral

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

This is probably old news to a great many of you but I have had the first 6 books in this series on my book shelf for a couple of years now. I decided I was tired of looking at them and saying I will read them someday so I said someday has arrived. I started reading them a couple of months ago and now I'm on book 4. What a great series! Now that I am reading them I see what the big excitement was when they came out. I don't watch TV that much anymore or go up to my computer room to play on the internet. I would rather just read these books. Does anyone know how many there are in the complete series?

This is probably old news to a great many of you but I have had the first 6 books in this series on my book shelf for a couple of years now.  I decided I was tired of looking at them and saying I will read them someday so I said someday has arrived.  I started reading them a couple of months ago and now I'm on book 4.  What a great series!  Now that I am reading them I see what the big excitement was when they came out.  I don't watch TV that much anymore or go up to my computer room to play on the internet.  I would rather just read these books.  Does anyone know how many there are in the complete series?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Because of the content of those books one is to many. Altho they can be used page by page to light the fire in the old wood stove. Anyway if you really must know there are twelve.

In CHRIST JESUS :):):):)

:)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I will admit that they do alot of summarizing what they said. They could eliminate a lot of pages by not covering the same material over and over again and get on with the story. All and all though I find it gripping.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

You will get a mixed response on the Left Behind Series here. As there are Pre-trib, Mid-trib, and post-trib believers on this site. I myself am a believer in a Pre-trib rapture, my wife has read the entire series and loved every minute of it. I cannot get past chapter 1 of the first novel.

The first 2 are available on video and dvd now as well, for those who are like me and can't get into the slow moving story line of the books.

Oh yeah and there are 12 books to the series.

God Bless,

Dave

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Pre-Tribber here... :)

I read the entire series and enjoyed them very much, except I felt that the entire last book should have just been done as a good chapter or two at the end of book 11.

If you always keep in mind that it is strictly fiction, just these two men's imagination of what it will be like and not Scripture, you are in for a good read.

IR :)

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  12/18/1981

Pre-Tribber here... :)

I read the entire series and enjoyed them very much, except I felt that the entire last book should have just been done as a good chapter or two at the end of book 11. 

If you always keep in mind that it is strictly fiction, just these two men's imagination of what it will be like and not Scripture, you are in for a good read. 

IR  :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If I can get past Book 1 Chapter 1 I am sure I would enjoy them :)

God Bless,

Dave

• Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

My Dad has got all of the Left Behind books, and he loves them but my Mum thinks they're one big yawn! :)

There is also a series of Left Behind books, for teenagers. I started to read some of these 2 years ago, but gave up, because I had to pay for them myself . :)

I DID enjoy them though!

Recently, I started to read the adult series, but I stopped because I found it rather disturbing. I know the books are only fiction, but they are presented in quite a graphic way. :):)

Yomo

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

I read them all and loved them. Yes, they are fictionalized, but it is told in such a way as to make it believeable enough (mostly), and more importantly, it really made me think about things. It woke me up spiritutally after I read that series. I was completing a book every 2-3 days and couldn't put them down.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  5,266
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Birthday:  03/21/1954

Hey Big Steve! :)

Long time no post. Glad you found your way back home! :)

• Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

I read them all and loved them. Yes, they are fictionalized, but it is told in such a way as to make it believeable enough (mostly), and more importantly, it really made me think about things. It woke me up spiritutally after I read that series. I was completing a book every 2-3 days and couldn't put them down.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hi Steve,

I hope you're feeling better since your birthday. Bad day to be under the weather! I can relate to reading one every two to three days. I remember having a day off and going into a bookstore one morning to browse. I saw one of the books had just been released, so I sat down to read a bit of it. By the time I looked up from the book, the store was closing and I had read just over three-fourths of it! Sadly, I went back the next day to finish the rest during my lunch break! I did end up buying the book anyway. There's something about getting comfy in a chair at Barnes & Noble with no agenda for the day!