• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

This is probably old news to a great many of you but I have had the first 6 books in this series on my book shelf for a couple of years now.  I decided I was tired of looking at them and saying I will read them someday so I said someday has arrived.  I started reading them a couple of months ago and now I'm on book 4.  What a great series!  Now that I am reading them I see what the big excitement was when they came out.  I don't watch TV that much anymore or go up to my computer room to play on the internet.  I would rather just read these books.  Does anyone know how many there are in the complete series?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome InfoCentral!

I can relate to you in enjoying these books so much! I've read them all, but it's been awhile. I'm tempted to pick-up the fourth book and read along with you so we can talk about them. They were that good to me. Feel free to write if you'd like to.

As someone mentioned, you'll find some here who are adamantly opposed to the pre-tribulation belief. Don't let it get to you. There are plenty of us who hold to the belief, too. People here are very kind in general and fun to chat with.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

I have read every book in that series and I feel for a work of fiction it is pretty good. I found that the series catered to those who did not know much of what is about to happen and is sort of a possible guiding point as to how this can possibly play out. My favorite book however is the end of the series when Christ comes.

All in all while a fictional aspect of what is coming I find it comforting, thought provoking and yes I did look up scriptures throughout to check on the validity of the contents.

Its better than most christian fiction as far as I am concerned and another author especially for us ladies is the Daughters of Abraham series.

Guest GarySaved

I have to say I have read all of the series.

I loved it!

I agree it is fiction, but I think any time Biblical stories are put in a movie, with the writers putting an honest effort to make it as close as they can to what they believe will really happen, is a good thing. There are many people who are not able to read the book of Revelation. (To understand it, anyways) They can read this series, and at least have a general idea of what will happen. Then they can read the real thing to see how it will really happen.

I believe God was Glorified by this movie.

Gary

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  193
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  09/11/1973

My wife and I have not read the books, but we have listened to the first 11 books on the audio drama series. They are the bomb! They have voice actors play all the parts with sound effects just like the old time radio shows. You will laugh, cry, scream and be glued to the edge of your seats. Each book is about 5 hours long. They are broken down into 24 min. chapters. We just ordered #12 this week and can't wait for them to come in. You can listen to them for free online. Just go to www.oneplace.com then search under the different shows. Just look for left behind.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  407
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Pre-tribber here as well. I read every single one and I thought they were fantastic!

I'm reading Billy Grahams autobiography "Just as I am" right now. It is awesome!

warm regards

-bud

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I found that these books really gave me a boost in getting things in order. I guess it was because of the characters having a limited amount of time and them getting busy on the task that got me going as well. I'm glad I finally got started reading them for they have given me the push I needed. I have been developing a whole new christian outlook on things. It is easy to forget how a christian should act and view lifes problems. Reading about these characters problems with work and personal life has reawakened me to how I should respond as a christian and how I should be thinking. I don't know about pre-trib or post-trib but I have enjoyed reading the series so far and will probably finish it. The good thing is that it isn't that new anymore so the price of the books should be greatly reduced.

I also have "Just As I Am" by Billy Graham and "Billy Graham God's Ambassador" by Time/Life Books. Perhaps I will read those after this series.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I agree with you. This is a great series of books. I still haven't finished all of them. I stopped at about the fourth one and now want to start up again. When I was reading them I couldn't put them down. I also saw the movie and loved it. I believe this has been and will continue to be a great soul winning tool in the days ahead.

Edited by Rustyangel

They are selling the Left Behind video on Christianbooks.com for $1. You certainly can't beat that price. The Left Behind II DVD is going for $3.99

Guest cloe1971
This is probably old news to a great many of you but I have had the first 6 books in this series on my book shelf for a couple of years now.  I decided I was tired of looking at them and saying I will read them someday so I said someday has arrived.  I started reading them a couple of months ago and now I'm on book 4.  What a great series!  Now that I am reading them I see what the big excitement was when they came out.  I don't watch TV that much anymore or go up to my computer room to play on the internet.  I would rather just read these books.  Does anyone know how many there are in the complete series?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hello, i just wanted to say that i am not a pre trib believer, and i have read all the books and listened to the dramatized cd's for adults and teens. i loved them. i think it was very interesting in how they believe things will happen. i dont share the same belief...but the books were good clean fun in my opinion. i still listen to the cd's at night when i go to sleep. god bless you all....cloe

I went over www.oneplace.com and sure enough after I did a search for Left Behind there was the entire series FREE for the listening. Thanks Joe! for the site. Yesterday my son wanted to see the movie so we watched it. Man, what a difference between the movie and the book. I never realized it before because I saw the movie (both 1 & 2) and then years later started reading the books. Now the movie makes a lot more sense to me.