IGNORED

I want to know what you think about this

All throughout the old testament the word says that the Holy Ghost would come upon them. But it never says that he stayed within them at all times.

A direct answer to this is in the following scripture;

John 7:39 - (But this spake he of the Spirit, which they that believe on him should receive: for the Holy Ghost was not yet given; because that Jesus was not yet glorified.)

If you read all through Romans and Hebrews and the rest of the new testament for that matter, we see that only the blood of Jesus Christ was a perfect sacrifice and the blood of other offerings was not.

So we realize that in old times as the bible says, the Holy Ghost would move on people, but he never stayed within them, for the Holy Ghost was not yet given.

People that have the Holy Ghost cannot be demon posessed. The bible says that if a spirit come back to a house and find it empty, then he will come in and bring even more with him, therefore the state of that house is worse than the first.

We also see in the word that we are sealed with the Holy Ghost until the coming of the Lord.

However, people can be troubled by, as was Paul in Acts and people can be opressed by evil spirits by allowing things in their lives that should not be there.

But, if we follow after the Spirit and not after the flesh then we cannot be troubled by the evil one, since the word says , resist the devil and he will flee from you.

If you want me to post all the scriptures, let me know and I will post them.

Edited by tanner

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aliengurl

I dont believe christians can be possesed by demons. The Bible does not specifically tell us the answer to this question. However, since a Christian is indwelt by the Holy Spirit (Rom 8:9-11; 1Cor 3:16; 6:19) it would seem unlikely that the Holy Spirit would allow a demon to indwell the same person He is indwelling.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/23/1958

Hello,

I don't mean to be contraversal on this issue. It's not a subject that is preached in church and should.

I cast out demons today and had a light feeling and a calmness over me all day.

Helena

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/23/1958

anyone else care to comment?

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

Quote Deliverance Minister Jan 24 2004.

Hello,

I don't mean to be contraversal on this issue. It's not a subject that is preached in church and should.

I cast out demons today and had a light feeling and a calmness over me all day.

Helena

From whom did you cast out these demons , Helena? A christian or a non-christian?

cheers,

eric.