Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

quote Qnts2:  "I personally do not understand appealing to a 'less civil' time period."

I don't believe in advocating collective condemnation of the Church for what happened hundreds of years ago.  Make no mistake about it, the middle ages, dark ages, whatever you want to call it were given that name for a reason, because of the barbarity of the times.  muslims don't get a pass for behaving uncivilized because the Christians and Jews were too, well I got news for you, 400 AD and up until now, islamists have been very violent and uncivilized towards their enemies and themselves.  It is time to stop coddling them and force them to get with the times.  If they can't live in peace with the rest of the world, they will have to rest in peace.

I agree that individually, Christians today should not be held responsible for the crusades. What I was trying to explain is that the crusades do not stand alone. There have been people who in the name of Jesus, that have committed atrocities down thru the years. And that non-Christians do not know enough about Christianity to determine differing groups. To non-Christians, everyone who worships or talks about Jesus Christ, etc, is a Christian. So, if a person calls a non-Christian lost or damned, a Christ killer, destined for hell. etc. They will believe they are dealing with a Christian.

Since there have been so many people who have done things to non-Christian for so many years, non-Christians have no other way to interpret Christianity then to believe that it is a potentially violent religion. Understand, I grew up in a non-Christian household, and so I know the views of people who are not Christian, but have been persecuted in Jesus name.

I'll tell a quick personal story. I read the NT, and from reading, I became convinced that Jesus was the prophesied Messiah. I accepted Jesus, but was very confused about what to do from there. I was raised hearing how Gentiles hate Jews. In my understanding, most Gentiles were Christians, so Gentile and Christian referred to the same group. I had run into some Gentiles/Christians when I went out of the Jewish neighborhood. I had been called a filthy Jew and a Christ killer, and then sometimes chased or hit. So, I believed that Christians/Gentiles deep down, hated Jews. I would have to walk by a church on my way to school. I would cross the street, away from the church. One day, the church doors were open and as I walked by from across the street, I looked in to see what the inside of a church looked like. I saw people kneeling and lighting candles in front of an idol. I was shocked that Christians/Gentiles worshipped idols.

Anyway, I had accepted Jesus, but I didn't know what to do because I thought Christians worshipped Jesus, but Christians had idols in their churches. Christians also hated Jews, and for some reason, I thought that they stored weapons and ammunition in churches. As a believer, I did not really want to go to a church. I did go to one 2 years later. And I saw the basement door open one time and asked if I could look in the basement. I never told them why I wanted to see the basement. They gave me a strange look when I asked to look around the basement but told me to go ahead. I went down. It was a dirt cellar, with old empty boxes and a furnace. No guns and no ammunition.  

I talked to people who wonder how it is I am a Messianic Jew/Christian since Christians did so many things against Jews. The crusades, pograms, inquisition, Nazi Germany, plus all of the personal experiences. The KKK uses Jesus name. Christian Identity uses Christian in their name. The list goes on and on.  Not just in the middle or dark ages.

So, perception of groups other then Christians, do not necessarily see 'Christianity' in such a positive light. I still say it is fortunate we don't have to sell the title 'Christianity'. We sell the gospel of Jesus. People don't have to trust or have faith in Christianity. They need to learn and have faith in Jesus. 

Telling non-Christians that the crusades were not done by real Christians, makes no sense to a non-Christian. Yes they were. They were doing it in Jesus name. They are seen as Christians. So the answer is, point to Jesus. Jesus would not have allowed what they did. Jesus did not teach anything that would have supported Nazi Germany. Jesus taught against things like that.

The problem is, Radical Muslims are a big problem, but so much has been done in Jesus name, Christianity, to non-Christians, doesn't look a whole lot different when 'Christians' go wild in Jesus name.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  140
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,273
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Days Won:  0

quote Qnts2:  "I personally do not understand appealing to a 'less civil' time period."

I don't believe in advocating collective condemnation of the Church for what happened hundreds of years ago.  Make no mistake about it, the middle ages, dark ages, whatever you want to call it were given that name for a reason, because of the barbarity of the times.  muslims don't get a pass for behaving uncivilized because the Christians and Jews were too, well I got news for you, 400 AD and up until now, islamists have been very violent and uncivilized towards their enemies and themselves.  It is time to stop coddling them and force them to get with the times.  If they can't live in peace with the rest of the world, they will have to rest in peace.

I agree that individually, Christians today should not be held responsible for the crusades. What I was trying to explain is that the crusades do not stand alone. There have been people who in the name of Jesus, that have committed atrocities down thru the years. And that non-Christians do not know enough about Christianity to determine differing groups. To non-Christians, everyone who worships or talks about Jesus Christ, etc, is a Christian. So, if a person calls a non-Christian lost or damned, a Christ killer, destined for hell. etc. They will believe they are dealing with a Christian.

Since there have been so many people who have done things to non-Christian for so many years, non-Christians have no other way to interpret Christianity then to believe that it is a potentially violent religion. Understand, I grew up in a non-Christian household, and so I know the views of people who are not Christian, but have been persecuted in Jesus name.

I'll tell a quick personal story. I read the NT, and from reading, I became convinced that Jesus was the prophesied Messiah. I accepted Jesus, but was very confused about what to do from there. I was raised hearing how Gentiles hate Jews. In my understanding, most Gentiles were Christians, so Gentile and Christian referred to the same group. I had run into some Gentiles/Christians when I went out of the Jewish neighborhood. I had been called a filthy Jew and a Christ killer, and then sometimes chased or hit. So, I believed that Christians/Gentiles deep down, hated Jews. I would have to walk by a church on my way to school. I would cross the street, away from the church. One day, the church doors were open and as I walked by from across the street, I looked in to see what the inside of a church looked like. I saw people kneeling and lighting candles in front of an idol. I was shocked that Christians/Gentiles worshipped idols.

Anyway, I had accepted Jesus, but I didn't know what to do because I thought Christians worshipped Jesus, but Christians had idols in their churches. Christians also hated Jews, and for some reason, I thought that they stored weapons and ammunition in churches. As a believer, I did not really want to go to a church. I did go to one 2 years later. And I saw the basement door open one time and asked if I could look in the basement. I never told them why I wanted to see the basement. They gave me a strange look when I asked to look around the basement but told me to go ahead. I went down. It was a dirt cellar, with old empty boxes and a furnace. No guns and no ammunition.  

I talked to people who wonder how it is I am a Messianic Jew/Christian since Christians did so many things against Jews. The crusades, pograms, inquisition, Nazi Germany, plus all of the personal experiences. The KKK uses Jesus name. Christian Identity uses Christian in their name. The list goes on and on.  Not just in the middle or dark ages.

So, perception of groups other then Christians, do not necessarily see 'Christianity' in such a positive light. I still say it is fortunate we don't have to sell the title 'Christianity'. We sell the gospel of Jesus. People don't have to trust or have faith in Christianity. They need to learn and have faith in Jesus. 

Telling non-Christians that the crusades were not done by real Christians, makes no sense to a non-Christian. Yes they were. They were doing it in Jesus name. They are seen as Christians. So the answer is, point to Jesus. Jesus would not have allowed what they did. Jesus did not teach anything that would have supported Nazi Germany. Jesus taught against things like that.

The problem is, Radical Muslims are a big problem, but so much has been done in Jesus name, Christianity, to non-Christians, doesn't look a whole lot different when 'Christians' go wild in Jesus name.

Bravo sister! you write the sentiments that I feel too, but could not express so eloquently as you just did.

Bravo sister! you write the sentiments that I feel too, but could not express so eloquently as you just did.

Thanks!!! :mgcheerful:  Blessings and peace to you.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Qnts2,

Good reading there & I appreciated your testimony.

Just a few comments -the Russian word for peace is `meer,` which means the world, thus showing their motive also. And the west may not `behead` but is also ruled by the enemy & controls people financially. And we all know that there is no peace in the world till the Prince of peace comes. Islam is just another version of man trying to bring `peace` their way.

Marilyn.    

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Hi Qnts2,

Just a few comments -the Russian word for peace is `meer,` which means the world, thus showing their motive also. And the west may not `behead` but is also ruled by the enemy & controls people financially. And we all know that there is no peace in the world till the Prince of peace comes. Islam is just another version of man trying to bring `peace` their way.

Marilyn.    

I wouldn't say that Islam is another version of man trying to bring 'peace' their way. I would give that honour to New-Agers, pacifists and appeasers. Even man with all his flaws cannot reasonably expect to claim that Islam is a way to make peace especially when it doesn't even attempt to make peace but clearly promotes war.

No, Islam is an attempt by Satan to destroy Christianity and to prevent prophecy from being fulfilled.

Guest shiloh357

Yes, Islam isn't looking for peace.  Islam is looking to dominate the world and make the world, "Islam."   And they make no secret about that.   The Counicle of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) has made it clear that they are not here to be equal to other religions, but to dominate all other religions and cultures and they promote a world where Islam will be the only permissible religion on earth.

Hi Qnts2,

Marilyn.    

I wouldn't say that Islam is another version of man trying to bring 'peace' their way. I would give that honour to New-Agers, pacifists and appeasers. Even man with all his flaws cannot reasonably expect to claim that Islam is a way to make peace especially when it doesn't even attempt to make peace but clearly promotes war.

No, Islam is an attempt by Satan to destroy Christianity and to prevent prophecy from being fulfilled.

Typically, mans way to bring peace is to get everyone in agreement. If a group wants peace, they need to get everyone in agreement and get rid of the dissenters.

Now, let's look at New Age. Everyone must agree, but Christians are dissenters, so they outlaw Christian opinions.

Islam wants everyone to agree and be Muslims. That is their definition of peace. To achieve peace, they have to get rid of the dissenters.  

Liberals think that if they had enough people to override those pesky conservatives, they could silence them and have peace and a better world.

Conservatives think that if they had enough people to override those pesky liberals, they could silence them and have peace and a better world.

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Yes, Islam isn't looking for peace.  Islam is looking to dominate the world and make the world, "Islam."   And they make no secret about that.   The Counicle of American Islamic Relations (CAIR) has made it clear that they are not here to be equal to other religions, but to dominate all other religions and cultures and they promote a world where Islam will be the only permissible religion on earth.

The good news however is that whatever Islam is planning.... well.... God has other plans.

Guest shiloh357

Yes...  I am looking forward to the destructon of Gog and Magog  (Ezek. 38,39).  Islam's demise can't get here soon enough.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  269
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,235
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Just some more thoughts. We tend to think of `peace,` as no wars. And in the west that is what we have. However we may not have wars on our shores but we train those of other nations to fight on their own soil. re - Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, etc. Every country has an army & uses it to get so called `peace.`

However do we realise that even in our own western countries we do not have real peace. There is -

- sexual conflict. (male / female)

- class conflict. (rich / poor)

- racial conflict. (different ethnic groups)

- national conflicts.

- religious conflicts.

And as we know there will be no true peace until the Prince of peace returns. Islam is only part of the problem. Marilyn.