IGNORED

Is there a "right" or "wrong" way to pray?

babyangelkitty

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am going to give you a copy of a personal prayer I made recently.

"God, please help Eoin ** removed** figure out what he wants in his' life, in relationship and in a career. And keep him healthy and of sound mind. Protect him and his' family/friend(s) from all forms of evils and sickness. Bless them all.

And please give me the ability to relax and have peace.. don't let the uncertainty destroy me. Let me have something solid in my life, give me a solid relationship.. with whomever you choose for me. If it's Eoin then let me know soon.. because the wait is difficult. I'm exhausted and drained. I'm wishing to sleep longer. I need a rest from the confusion. Don't let him feel as tormented as I do right now.. just don't. Please, I wish peace for the BOTH of us! I wish to have love between us, if it surely was ever there before. Verify that if Eoin did honestly once love me, then he must still be able to.. even now during this "test"? Help me and help Eoin. Please.

Keep my own Mama healthy too and give her a little happiness today, she needs a cheering up.

Thankyou, for although right now I am too tried to think of anything specific.. thank you God for everything, Amen."

Now tell me what does that tell you about me or my situation? Was I praying correctly, for the right things? Or was I wrong?

Edited by ncn
Please do not post other peoples surnames or personal details

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,225
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi babyangelkitty,

Welcome to Worthy. Now that you have over 5 posts you may like to ask this question in the general questions area or the prayer section where you will get more people replying. This area is but to welcome people not discuss.

All the best, & hope to chat soon. Marilyn.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,762
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  02/24/1964

Hi welcome!

Its not really important what we think. God knows your heart, your mind, your needs, what is best for you. He knows everything about you even how many hairs are on your head. If you are sincere in your request they will be heard and answered according to Gods perfect will for your life. God bless.

"God, please help Eoin **removed** figure out what he wants in his' life, in relationship and in a career. And keep him healthy and of sound mind. Protect him and his' family/friend(s) from all forms of evils and sickness. Bless them all.

And please give me the ability to relax and have peace.. don't let the uncertainty destroy me. Let me have something solid in my life, give me a solid relationship.. with whomever you choose for me. If it's Eoin then let me know soon.. because the wait is difficult. I'm exhausted and drained. I'm wishing to sleep longer. I need a rest from the confusion. Don't let him feel as tormented as I do right now.. just don't. Please, I wish peace for the BOTH of us! I wish to have love between us, if it surely was ever there before. Verify that if Eoin did honestly once love me, then he must still be able to.. even now during this "test"? Help me and help Eoin. Please.

Keep my own Mama healthy too and give her a little happiness today, she needs a cheering up.

Thankyou, for although right now I am too tried to think of anything specific.. thank you God for everything, Amen."

Now tell me what does that tell you about me or my situation? Was I praying correctly, for the right things? Or was I wrong?

let's see. your prayer...

was that God would meet the needs of other people... their health, their state of mind, their protection...

was for God to give you peace and stability.

expressed thanks and appreciation to God.

there is nothing wrong with that! 

as for the "correct" way to pray, there's not really any specific requirements. Jesus gave us examples though... the Lord's prayer being one, and His prayer while in the garden of gethsemane being another. in both instances, the most important aspect of His prayer was that no matter what HE wanted, He always asked above all else that God's will would be done, even if it wasn't the same as His own will. Jesus understood that God the Father saw the bigger picture. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  25
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  213
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/30/1975

I love you LadyC.... you give such good advice to others and have much wisdom to share. You have also taught me a few things along the way.... (hugs to you my sister)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

Awesome prayer, caring and compassionate, right along with what scripture tells us

Phil 4 (KJV)

6 Be careful* for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.

7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

I might just add, to remember the thanksgiving part....these are things you are laying in the lap of God, believing He will tend to them, so remember to thank Him and keep in your heart the faith that He will help.

* a more modern translation is anxious   be anxious for nothing

Edited by Riverwalker

I love you LadyC.... you give such good advice to others and have much wisdom to share. You have also taught me a few things along the way.... (hugs to you my sister)

awww, thanks! what a sweet thing to say!  :blush2:

Now tell me what does that tell you about me or my situation....

Was I praying correctly....

for the right things....

:thumbsup:

Hallelujah~!

Praying~!

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  16
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

"God, please help Eoin **removed** figure out what he wants in his' life, in relationship and in a career. And keep him healthy and of sound mind. Protect him and his' family/friend(s) from all forms of evils and sickness. Bless them all.

let's see. your prayer...

was that God would meet the needs of other people... their health, their state of mind, their protection...

was for God to give you peace and stability.

expressed thanks and appreciation to God.

there is nothing wrong with that! 

as for the "correct" way to pray, there's not really any specific requirements. Jesus gave us examples though... the Lord's prayer being one, and His prayer while in the garden of gethsemane being another. in both instances, the most important aspect of His prayer was that no matter what HE wanted, He always asked above all else that God's will would be done, even if it wasn't the same as His own will. Jesus understood that God the Father saw the bigger picture. 

I believe it's true there is no correct way to pray, it all depends on the intention as God sees in our hearts, which is what truly matters in my opinion.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  4

and it comes to mind, the only wrong way to pray.....is not to pray