• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1959

On another board there was a discussion about this movie. The praise for this man whose sole claim to fame is his ability to kill other humans is a bit odd to me.

It is my opinion that had this person been born at the right time he would have been a famous Crusader fighting for the Holy Lands.

Then people used God to manipulate the masses, today in our country it seems that has been replaced by nationalism and jingoism.

Guest shiloh357

Chris Kyle is an American Hero.   His actions saved  a lot of lives.   He kept a lot of our soldiers safe and there are a lot of men who worked with him who say that they owe their lives to him.

He wasn't a killer.  He was a soldier and that is different.  

Do you have a problem with Americans who are patriotic and who are proud of American service men and women and the work they do?

There are millions of soldiers in our country, what makes some stand how is how good they are at killing. This is not a put down, this is just the facts of life.

I do not have an issue with such people at all, like all things patriotism is a good thing in moderation.

I do believe that in our country nationalism has replaced religion as a means to control people and get them to do things like the things this gentlemen has done.

The people of Iraq were not a threat to the United States, yet we invaded and destroyed their country none the less.

The Gulf wars are our Crusades, the PATRIOT Act our Inquisition. All that has changed is the motivation, country has replaced God as the tool.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

I am going to see the movie to a afternoon. Fact is yes soldiers kill-they have to. Its a sad fact of life but often its needed to stop evil people from killing innocents. Was chris kyle good at it? Yes. He was very good at it and he saved countless lives. Even the Bible says in certain occasions killing is OK. This sniper is a hero. If you want to accuse me of following a "false religion" because I believe in honoring such brave men and women then go ahead. It couldn't be further from the truth but I can't stop you its your right to do so. Men like this sniper have fought-killed-and died over the centuries to give you that right.

The praise for this man whose sole claim to fame

is his ability to kill other humans

is a bit odd....

~

The praise for this man whose sole claim to fame

Is his ability to Save His Fellow Man

Is A Bit Odd....

He teacheth my hands to war, so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms. Psalms 18:34

FresnoJoe,

I am confused by the meaning of your post.

FresnoJoe,

I am confused by the meaning of your post.

~

Beloved, It Is No Secret That Most Solders Fight

Out Of Deep Love For Their Fellow Solders

And Especially When Snipers

Snipe Snipers

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13

• Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Fort the record I just got back from watching that movie-one of the best movies I have seen in quite some time. Language was a little rough, but I thought it was a good true to life look at his family. I saw no "glorifying" of war, I saw no political slant either way-just a good view of Chris Kyles life. Definetly a movie I will be purchasing when it comes out on video.

• Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Chris Kyle is an American Hero.   His actions saved  a lot of lives.   He kept a lot of our soldiers safe and there are a lot of men who worked with him who say that they owe their lives to him.

He wasn't a killer.  He was a soldier and that is different.  

Do you have a problem with Americans who are patriotic and who are proud of American service men and women and the work they do?

I agree with everything you say.  This man is a hero and in the end gave his life for his country. War  isn't pretty.  We train our troops to fight and that is always going to mean people are going to die.  And as  was said he saved a lot of lives.  Not only our other troops but those of innocent non military lives too.  I am very proud of this man and every man and women who serve now and those who have served.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

There are millions of soldiers in our country, what makes some stand how is how good they are at killing. This is not a put down, this is just the facts of life.

I do not have an issue with such people at all, like all things patriotism is a good thing in moderation.

I do believe that in our country nationalism has replaced religion as a means to control people and get them to do things like the things this gentlemen has done.

The people of Iraq were not a threat to the United States, yet we invaded and destroyed their country none the less.

The Gulf wars are our Crusades, the PATRIOT Act our Inquisition. All that has changed is the motivation, country has replaced God as the tool.

I take your point, but at the time it was believed that Saddam Hussein was carrying weapons of mass destruction.

That was subsequently discovered to be wrong.

Or was it?

Many so-called experts at the time believed that Saddam Hussein had smuggled the weapons over the border into Syria. Chemical weapons are now appearing there.

Was the Iraq war justified or not? Who can say?