• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

You either believe or dont believe. You cant be partially believing and be saved. Thats like being a partially pregnant. It doesnt happen. 

Amen Jade you are either for Him or against Him.  You cannot have one foot in the world and the other in the Kingdom.  

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,372
  • Content Per Day:  8.00
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If you are referring to me I am born again, and I have been given the Holy Spirit by grace. Jesus did not call himself God he said I and my Father are One. I am not lacking faith in this but you believe a fallacy. He is not Creator, God is creator. Through Jesus all things were created. Please read all of my comments on this topic. I have even proven this with Scripture. I did not stress a concept in my explanations that isn't correct. But you cannot support that Jesus called himself God because he didn't. He said I and my Father are One. If you discredit me for using scripture then don't use scripture, which is the place where we confirm all the connections we make. I only tried to help so nobody commits idolatry. I admit certain scripture parts have been mistranslated but the extent I have cited cannot be refuted.

You seem to think you are speaking to a people whom do not know The Lord Jesus :noidea:

But we do :)! We do not accept the oneness doctrine, nor salvation by works doctrine, nor

Gnosticism in it's many forms... we are a people of God's Word and a people whom knows

His voice. Thus we will not hear what you purport from a self authorized view of Scripture...

Love, Steven

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

@ FresnoJoe 

62 And Jesus said, I am: and ye shall see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. - Mark 14:62

Your version is incorrect. Also Idk why you cited 1 Corinthians 12:3. I did not damn anything in the posts I made. I acknowledge that Jesus is Lord. But as Jesus did I acknowledge the Father is greater than Him. I did not at any point in the posts I made deny the Son at all. I believe in the Son and the Father. When did deny Jesus is the Messiah? I never did nor will I ever. Jesus is the Messiah sent by God to show The Way, and to physically die and then resurrect and ascend to the right throne of God. You seem to have invented your opinion without knowledge of what I am from what I can tell. That revelations quote did not refer to Jesus by the way. The Rev 5:11-14 section.

Judas then, having received a band of men and officers from the chief priests and Pharisees, cometh thither with lanterns and torches and weapons.

Jesus therefore, knowing all things that should come upon him, went forth, and said unto them, Whom seek ye?

They answered him, Jesus of Nazareth. Jesus saith unto them, I am he. And Judas also, which betrayed him, stood with them.

As soon then as he had said unto them, I am he, they went backward, and fell to the ground. - John 18:3-6

Your version of this cited is also incorrect. Jesus gives eternal life to his Sheep I know this already. You don't seem to understand my opinion, but if you think I have denied Christ please show me where I did. 

@Jerry1023 I am not saying that the three are separate. They are alike and One. But I wanted to clarify what this One is. Because if they were the same they wouldn't be separate. That is why we designate them differently. Also please cite what you posted about what you think the bible said, I don't think I can find that in a legitimately or almost legitimately translated version of scripture. I did not question God's integrity. I praised it. Jesus came to earth to save and to show The Way to worship God in spirit (well one of the reasons he came). He did not come so we would worship Him(Jesus). 

The Truth is very narrow so I tried to explain it.

@enoob57 I am not sure if the people you refer to do know the Lord Jesus. I do not want to designate someone as knowing or not knowing without having a reason to believe they accept the Gospel. I have tried to explain the Truth of God given to me but you seem to think it is Man's interpretation because I can explain it. Please correct me if I am wrong.

If I could not explain it it would be reality. If I could explain it then fine it is still reality. Rather you believe it or not it is. Wisdom is also a gift of the Holy Spirit. Just because someone can articulate does not mean they are wrong. I do not fear trying to reason because I know anything I reason if I pursue it to the end would lead to me believing in God anyways. I have challenged my belief before and have found that it is indeed reality. I don't need a physical revelation for it. No matter what my head does I know God is real so it doesn't really. That is a measure of faith.

Edited by Augustine17

Guest Thallasa

So you would come into the category of those who do not believe Jesus is God ? You are only partially there 

Would that be true ?

Guest Thallasa

The Apostles said " Increase our faith" ,and He replied "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed,you can say to this

mulberry tree ,""be uprooted and planted in the sea ,and it will".........

Luke 17 : 5

@Thallasa I do not believe Jesus is The Father or literally God and he did not say He is The Father. He did not say 'I am God', that is apostasy to His belief. He said I and my Father are One. God and His soul are knitted together, and the character of Jesus is in all who believe in Him. I do not mean believe He exists, I mean truly believe in Him, as in to be a follower of The Way. It is through Jesus that we come to the Father. He and God have the same character. That is why anyone who has seen Him has seen the image of God in a sense. Have you ever even read this?

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence. 19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fullness dwell; - Colossians 1:18 - The Father gave/gives to Jesus every authority over what is created. Authority over all that is created, the care of those who The Father chooses/chose, The authority to shepherd believers of The Way (He is The Way), Eternal Life and the administration of it on all things created that are his sheep.

26"But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27"My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28 and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand. - John 10:26-27 He gives them eternal life.

Jesus has the authority to rebuke and reprove the church, and I think there is more but I am missing it.

Also to support the statement prior:6 Jesus said to him, "I am The Way, The Truth, and The life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. - John 14:6

He even designates God as His Father. There is more about this that I can show but I do not need to. So if you believe He is God you do not believe in Him because He did not say He is God. He expressed He is The Way and that nobody goes to The Father except through Him. They are designated differently and it is a fact that The Father of Jesus is God. Thus there souls are knitted-together and He and The Father are One as He has said. Also see this:

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, - Ephesians 1:3 Another thing to reveal The Truth.

and was designated by God to be high priest in the order of Melchizedek. - Hebrews 5:10 - this also talks about Jesus. A priest is a mediator between God and the human. There is even more.

This was expressed by David prophetically. 

The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool. - Psalm 110:1 The Lord (I explained reasoning of 'The' in a prior post on this topic.) refers to God and the other Lord is Jesus. He is the one who is at the right hand of The Most High. His enemies are all who do not follow The Way. They will be made a footstool on the day The Lord carries out vengeance through Jesus.

I am by not trying to lower or reject the authority of my Lord Jesus Christ. God himself would be content to see that I explain to you who Jesus is, unless he does not want you to be His. I hope in explaining this I have pleased my Lord and my Father in heaven. He, Jesus, himself has expressed:

28"You heard that I said to you, 'I go away, and I will come to you.' If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced because I go to the Father, for the Father is greater than I. - John 14:28

Therefore anyone who believes Jesus is literally God is an idolater and does not believe what He himself has said. And if you believe in Him you believe in everything He said and is. If you believe that you believe the Father. If that is so you also believe The Father is God Almighty, The Most High, The Creator of all Created, The Great I Am. There are more things God Almighty is called but I can stop it at there. It is impossible to believe in Jesus and not his God. The scriptures testify to this. He himself does, and the Almighty God is aware of it all.

Please read other posts I have made on this topic, they are similar.

Edited by Augustine17

Oh yeah, @Willa he did not say his name was 'I am', he expressed: 'before Abraham was born, I am!' He said that because before Abraham existed He existed, and He is he has and He is forever. He was with The Father in the beginning. The one who said his name is 'I am' was The Lord (Yahweh, God, The Father, etc,). God is. Jesus is. The Father is greater than The Son. Both of them were there before anything was created, and thus they are both forever.

Guest Thallasa

Thankyou Stephen it will save me having to go over all these posts .

When God has revealed the truth through the Holy Spirit ,how does one explain  a ' gift 'which reveals  ?

Guest Thallasa

Augustine,

When we recieve and know Jesus as God as He is , a transformation takes place in one ,and

you absolutely know what it means to be in the" Presence"( of God). You begin to be healed at the deepest level and

begin to experience 'miracles' in your  life .

God reveals Himself through the heart as well as the mind  .The intellect cannot in itself 'comprehend' ,as it can only

know the material world ,the below,and it is really through 'revelation' from the Holy Spirit(the above) that,

the whole truth is understood.

:o if you are talking about me I am not Stephen. I am not sure if you are on the right topic, but anyways I will try to help you if you do not understand yet. Wisdom/Knowledge are gifts of the Holy Spirit. But you do not need it for God to reveal something to you. King Nebuchadnezzar had a revelation revealed to him in a dream. Also before he received the Holy Spirit it was revealed to Peter that Jesus is the Messiah/Christ.

16Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." 17 And Jesus said to him, "Blessed are you, Simon Barjona, because flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but My Father who is in heaven. - Matthew 16:17 is the approximate translation. 

It is by grace that it was and is confirmed in me. Wisdom and this revealing can be different altogether. The Father reveals to those he would allow to know, to know who the Son is. Peter did not premeditate who He is. That is also why it is said 'My sheep hear my voice'. 

I did not understand who He is through digging in scripture, that alone will not allow anyone to understand it. I remembered I once tried to understand it perfectly and I was troubled by it since I did not trust what people display as religion prior to believing Him and wanted to know the truth badly. It sorta just happened if that is the correct way to describe it. Honestly I do not even read lengthy parts of the bible daily. As I was making posts on this topic I remembered exactly what I needed for the occasion. Yet it is not I, but the One who has allowed me to do it did it. That may be the gift of Knowledge. Wisdom is the quality of good judgement, cunning and sense. Also after receiving a new heart from Christ I found that something was constricting me from uttering worship concerning Him. When I worship God I feel alright. The constriction felt like a pull of the heart so to speak.

The best knowledge and wisdom is from God. Also when you typed 'God' were you being literal or do you mean Jesus and God have the same character.

Edited by Augustine17