ValleyAnt

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I grew up Roman Catholic. When I became Christian, I learned that neither side has the right to think its views are right. The former was not instituted by Christ, and the latter was defiled by human pride. Until Christians walk in the unity of the Holy Spirit, something that no other religion has the ability or capability to do, no one can honestly take Christians seriously, because the power of God is the distinction between Christianity and all other religions (not debates and doctrines), and the power of God flows only in Christian unity. (Ps. 133.) Therefore, "make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace."

Guest shiloh357

Judas, in RCC salvation is by works.   That is the point.  I have proven that point.    Works play a huge role how a person is saved according to the RCC.  http://www.aboutcatholics.com/beliefs/a-clarification-of-good-works/

If a person were saved solely by the grace of God, purgatory would be unnecessary.   It is precisely because a person didn't live up to God's standards that they are in purgatory.   Good works by those still living can shorten a person's time in purgatory.  Both sites you posted are  just the same catechism entry which states that works are a part of purgatory in that a person is there because of lesser sins they committed.

So there is a connection between salvation and works in RCC theology and the Catholic websites make no secret of that.   Sorry, but you are simply batting zero.

Guest Judas Machabeus

Shiloh you linked to the catholic.com website, and I did a works salvation word search and again you are incorrect. They clearly reject works salvation

The Catholic Church has never taught such a doctrine and, in fact, has constantly condemned the notion that men can earn or merit salvation.

http://www.catholic.com/quickquestions/why-does-the-church-teach-that-works-can-obtain-salvation

Guest shiloh357

Again, you're not being honest.   That website doesn't teach that salvation is by works alone.  But they DO teach that works are necessary for salvation.  They teach that faith and works are necessary to be saved and say so directly in that link.    They do NOT say that salvation by grace through faith alone, which is what the Bible teaches

Guest Judas Machabeus

I'm not being dishonest. Im using the same website that you used first.

I am not making the claim the website is making the claim.

So I am not being dishonest.

BUT you finally came close to being right. They do not believe in faith alone. Faith alone is a man made tradition created by Luther.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  406
  • Topics Per Day:  0.09
  • Content Count:  5,248
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  67