• Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

And The Waters

And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.

And God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament from the waters which were above the firmament: and it was so.

And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day. Genesis 1:6-8

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Water is able to change and move the earth underneath it quite easily. We can see that in streams where large boulders are rolled along, moved around and lifted.

In many side cuttings of the earth such as road sides and cliffs, we can see rock strata that has been twisted into impossible curves.

These can be done underwater and pressure. People think they occur during earthquakes and plate shifts, but not quite. These kind of formations by crustal compression etc, are not so neat at all, but seriously broken.

Convoluted rock strata is more likely to occur when the rock is plastic, due to a high water content in the rock which acts like a lubricant for the whole structure to bend. The rocks may be plastic due to heat, but almost all such formations do not show signs of molten rock at all.

Another concept of the earth is that it is fundamentally solid and inflexible, but it is very plastic and flexible, on a small scale 500 meters to a global scale. It is as if the earth is like a garment laid over whatever it is up held by.

When there are earthquakes the earth rings like a bell, and waves pass around the crust as if the earth is hollow. Then there are other waves which travel through the earth to the other side as if it were solid. But the crust on which we live, is like a blanket, which can be shaped and wrinkled by whatever weight comes onto it.

It is not too difficult to imagine what a great body of water like an ocean does to the crust, - it bends the crust to suit its balance. this means that land can be forced to give way to water, to bend under water, and to rise if that pressure is shifted.

Can you see why the Lord is praised so much in the scriptures, for having His power over land and sea, that His ordinances are obeyed?

So we are dependent on the Lord to maintain the earth, and yet men scoff at the idea of the flood, when at any time God can allow the oceans to misbehave and conquer the land. Some of that kind of activity we will no doubt witness in these days, as oceans rise into surges covering islands and coasts, and when waves build up so high that the ship trade will be threatened.

In the Bible this is referred to as the sea roaring, a loud noise of waters which can be heard inland.

• 2 weeks later...

To illustrate again the dominance of the atmosphere over the oceans, there was a wind which occurred towards the end of the flood year, to move the waters from off the land and to help dry the land enough for it to recover. No doubt the land beneath the waters rose in some areas and sank in others to form ocean basins.

The atmosphere has a tremendous amount of weight over the earth and oceans, so that if the atmosphere is suddenly removed, the land would rise in some places and even split open and explode throwing huge rocks hundreds of feet into the air.

Simply due to the great pressure being released. The ocean would boil, as water does without pressure, and a lot of water would also evaporate.

When Christ returns to bring home the saints, the ocean parts underneath the cloud of angels, exposing the ocean floor like a path through the waters, resulting in some amazing effects we can talk about on another thread one day. 

But on this event we also read about the atmosphere departing or rolling back like a scroll. Can you imagine what that would do to the earth and sea? The pressures released at the base of the ocean would be far greater than those areas under the immediate atmosphere.

Here we picture the way the earth is held and how the weight of the oceans and the atmosphere can change it all.

In order for God to use a wind to assuage the waters, it would not only have to act with globally changing pressure systems, but speed. A wind which could have increased to the speed of sound. Remember the world spins around at approximately 1600 kph or 1000 mph, and we have evidence that the waters were pushed off the land in the opposite direction that the wind normally blows.

While the earth carries the evidence of a global flood, it also carries equal amount of evidence for a global wind. So when we read of the wind in the flood story, it was not a local breeze, but a wind capable of moving billions of mega tonnes of water. Hence it was mentioned by Moses.

There is evidence of this in the permanent dunes of the world, which cannot be repeated by today's weather conditions.

Many mountains show that they are piles of rubble/rock and fragments of rock compressed by gravity and eroded by either moving rivers of water or wind.

So when scientists look at some of the wind blown structures of the land, they assume it must have taken millions of years of erosion, but a single period of unusually strong winds has done it.

One of the effects of the great wind, is to cool the world down. The flood actually generated heat in the waters, preventing the formation of ice, and even melting ice which had been created during the 40 days of rain.

After the flood the wind helped to assuage the water, causing vast amounts of ice and snow to form as well.

Layers of deep ice in the Antarctica, have distinct layers of small rocks and dust, indicating very powerful blizzards which carried such material from elsewhere distant, or glacial activity. This freezing effect, created an ice age for the world, but it also helped reduce the erosion by water from the highest parts of the earth. It also allowed water to be preserved and released slowly over thousands of years to establish plants and support life.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

One of the effects of the great wind, is to cool the world down. The flood actually generated heat in the waters, preventing the formation of ice, and even melting ice which had been created during the 40 days of rain.

After the flood the wind helped to assuage the water, causing vast amounts of ice and snow to form as well.

Layers of deep ice in the Antarctica, have distinct layers of small rocks and dust, indicating very powerful blizzards which carried such material from elsewhere distant, or glacial activity. This freezing effect, created an ice age for the world, but it also helped reduce the erosion by water from the highest parts of the earth. It also allowed water to be preserved and released slowly over thousands of years to establish plants and support life.

Nice ideas. Good theories.

Since childhood, I have had an implicit belief in the Bible, knowing also that my understanding is limited, but I have never looked for evidence for any of it's claims.

If I did not understand what I read, I accepted my inability, knowing that sooner or later the truth would come to me, because the Bible sows the seed of truth in my mind, and it germinates later.

Over the years, we hear of this or that discovery, and it convinces some and others not, of the flood, or any other Biblical topic.

But I have never had a desire to disprove or prove the Bible, because Jesus was my comforter as a child, and I dared never to question that connection lest I should lose it. As an adult, I feel the same way, and have never doubted that the Bible is the Word of God.

That may seem strange to some people, because there doesn't seem to be any room for reasoning here.

But Jesus appealed to all the reasoning a human could possibly have. He was there when I had no where to turn, and He made His presence evident through ways that I could perceive. He gave answers to prayers and gave me information about whatever I needed, and He has never left me to my own mistakes and mishaps.

So to be honest, whenever I see or hear of evidence for the flood or whatever, I am pleased when evidence comes forward, but disappointed that people don't believe first.

Faith opens up the secrets of nature and the Bible. "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge."

God has wanted to give people plenty of evidence for the flood, far above any scientific capability to know, but people are in a state of doubt and ignorance, that shuts their minds down.

I have always found that the most open minded people in the world are those who are listening and searching for the voice of reproof and comfort of the Holy Spirit. "He will guide you into all truth."

Amazing post friend! I concur 100%

Thanks La Paloma, 

I just wanted to summarize what the Bible says about the balance in the atmosphere and the water, by the Bible's own version in

Isaiah 40: 12 - 15.

"Who (but our God) hath measured the waters in the hollow of His hand, and meted out the heaven (sky) with the span."

God maintains and balances the atmosphere and the oceans all over the world, but the Bible goes further and says -

"and comprehended the dust of the earth in a measure, and weighed the mountains in scales and the hills in a balance?"

When we saw the images of Mt Helens erupting, the solid rocks of that mountain were blown out like a pile of dust.

God actually knows exactly how much dust down to the fine grains.

So not only does the atmosphere need the power of the Lord'd word to govern it, but the waters, and the earth is balanced, even the very hills and dust of it.

Our atmosphere carries up to 2.5 billion tonnes of dust, and it varies, because of volcanoes and dust storms.

Every 18 months or so, about a billion tonnes of dust is picked up from deserts and dumped elsewhere sometimes to the other side of the earth. Could it be that our mining and exporting habits need the occasional dust storm to balance the earth?

It sounds like God likes economy and precision, and so He will shift things around when needed, like the distribution of water, after the flood, the habits of the wind, and the balancing of the earth with all its mountains etc.

Every normal and stable day is a direct blessing from God. We can sense His power in the air, oceans and land, rightfully dividing the paths of movement and ensuring that everything is working safely. He even promised there will never be a great flood again.

But we read from II Peter 3:7-10, that the world is kept by the same word which caused the flood, for a second destruction by fire, when the atmosphere will pass away with a great noise, and the very elements will melt with fervent heat, and the earth also with all its works.

It says that the world which is now, is kept in store or reserved for a second destruction. 

If the OP has just put forward that there are large water reserves, both in underground seas and absorbed or combined in the very rocks of the crust, how is this a storehouse for destruction by fire?

His control is stunning and gives one much comfort and indwelling peace!

It sure does.

The dependability and precision of the universe comes from and by indwelling peace, His own peace by which He rules.

You have heard of the texts "in quietness and in peace shall thy strength be"

"not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit saith the Lord"

"My strength is made perfect in weakness"

"learn of me for I am meek and lowly of heart" (I am not out to get anything, but happy to be here for you)

The Word of God by which He creates and maintains the universe, gives life and makes the playground for life, it animates and it provides attractions for each thing to work. Freedom and protective boundaries for every created thing.

So while God is in control, He does it by settling things down, providing attractions and easy paths of activity.

To us it seems like God has to curb the powers of nature, but nature in its true state is made to respond to His tranquility and will take the option of following the paths of least resistance, in all cases of physics, and for all creatures which are rewarded for their instincts, so that ultimately, the whole universe is a system which operates by His presence and character, it responds to who He is - full of life, love, abundance and peace.

In the new earth, you can walk into a pride of lions and give them happiness by simply turning up. They will be so happy to see you that in anticipation will start rolling around on the ground, jumping up for a hug. That is the way that God interacts with the universe, He is there as a servant to enhance life for an already perfect life, and He wants us to have those privileges. 

On 7/31/2015 at 7:41 PM, Kan said:

On 7/31/2015 at 0:57 PM, La Paloma said:

It sure does.

The dependability and precision of the universe comes from and by indwelling peace, His own peace by which He rules.

You have heard of the texts "in quietness and in peace shall thy strength be"

"not by might nor by power, but by My Spirit saith the Lord"

"My strength is made perfect in weakness"

"learn of me for I am meek and lowly of heart" (I am not out to get anything, but happy to be here for you)

The Word of God by which He creates and maintains the universe, gives life and makes the playground for life, it animates and it provides attractions for each thing to work. Freedom and protective boundaries for every created thing.

So while God is in control, He does it by settling things down, providing attractions and easy paths of activity.

To us it seems like God has to curb the powers of nature, but nature in its true state is made to respond to His tranquility and will take the option of following the paths of least resistance, in all cases of physics, and for all creatures which are rewarded for their instincts, so that ultimately, the whole universe is a system which operates by His presence and character, it responds to who He is - full of life, love, abundance and peace.

In the new earth, you can walk into a pride of lions and give them happiness by simply turning up. They will be so happy to see you that in anticipation will start rolling around on the ground, jumping up for a hug. That is the way that God interacts with the universe, He is there as a servant to enhance life for an already perfect life, and He wants us to have those privileges. 

Very nicely said Kan...this came to mind with your post

Every so often, I feel God gives us a glimpse into His Truths, for those willing to see.

There are many examples, but this one is very nice. Watch the short video below and be amazed.

A glimpse of Heaven? I think so...

The Sixth Day: Creatures on Land

…29Then God said, "Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the surface of all the earth, and every tree which has fruit yielding seed; it shall be food for you; 30and to every beast of the earth and to every bird of the sky and to every thing that moves on the earth which has life, I have given every green plant for food"; and it was so. 31God saw all that He had made, and behold, it was very good. And there was evening and there was morning, the sixth day.

The Root of Jesse

…5Also righteousness will be the belt about His loins, And faithfulness the belt about His waist. 6And the wolf will dwell with the lamb, And the leopard will lie down with the young goat, And the calf and the young lion and the fatling together; And a little boy will lead them. 7Also the cow and the bear will graze, Their young will lie down together, And the lion will eat straw like the ox.…Isaiah 11:6

Edited by OneLight
Removed YouTube Link