ayin jade

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.17
  • Days Won:  58

http://news.yahoo.com/landmark-medical-marijuana-bill-introduced-us-congress-195521939.html

US senators on Tuesday introduced the most comprehensive legislation on medical marijuana ever brought before Congress, a bipartisan effort aimed at ending federal restrictions on the increasingly accepted treatment.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/29/1984

Good for Congress. It is just mean to make people around the country suffer needlessly because of some misguided view of marajuana.

All the thousands of man-made drugs that do things far worse to a person than medical marajuana .

Guest shiloh357

I hope it fails.  This is not really about helping anyone.   This is just a pretext for making MJ legal for recreational use.  It's like the people who buy Playboy magazines for the "informative articles."  

There are lots of information out there about the harmful effects of MJ as opposed to the junk science presented by those who support its use.

The side effects of marajuana are minimal compared to many of the man-made drugs used instead. People suffer needlessly because of faulty information and preconceived ideas.

What possible reason is there for a person suffering through Chemo to be banned from a substance that could ease their suffering? To me that is just cruel.

If we were to choose today just based upon the data and take all emotions out of the equation, it would be alcohol that would be illegal not marajuana.

Guest shiloh357

If I thought this was motivated by genuine compassion, I might take a softer stand against it.  Potheads don't care about people's suffering, though.  They simply want to justify their sin and this is how they choose to do it. 

When I worked in automotive remanufacturing, I worked around people who are into MJ and it is just as self-destructive as alcohol.   We have enough problems with drunk drivers.  The last thing we need are people getting behind the wheel under the influence of MJ.

And the people I know who smoked MJ  didn't stop with MJ.   MJ is just what they smoked when they were low on cash.  They would have been tickled pink to see it get legalized on any level.

The ones pushing the hardest for the legalization of MJ are the ones who want to see it legalized across the board for recreational use.   So I am not inclined to believe this has anything to do with compassion in the long haul.

As one who is not long removed from college, I can say that my experiences were that alcohol caused way more problems.

Never once in my time in school did someone go to the ER for binge smoking, not once was there a story of a girl smoking too much and being sexually assaulted. Not once did a mob of students run around the campus breaking things after smoking. All these things were regular occurrences with alcohol.

And please do not to go the "marajuana is a gateway drug myth". That has been disproven by a 1000 studies. What they did find though was that alchol is very much a gateway drug.

And yet you would deny people ease from their suffering due to misinformation and personal prejudices.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

Do not turn this thread into the debate over which is worst, alcohol or pot.  Your posts will be deleted if it continues.

Do either of you have personal experience with pot?

Guest shiloh357

I am not going  to argue about it Alex.  I will simply pray against this bill.  I am praying that it fails. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.20
  • Days Won:  115

http://news.yahoo.com/landmark-medical-marijuana-bill-introduced-us-congress-195521939.html

US senators on Tuesday introduced the most comprehensive legislation on medical marijuana ever brought before Congress, a bipartisan effort aimed at ending federal restrictions on the increasingly accepted treatment.

I added the opening statement in your post to compare what is being reported.  Reuters states this bill a little different.

From Reuters

Senator Rand Paul, a possible Republican presidential candidate, will introduce legislation with two Democrats that would prevent the federal government from prosecuting medical marijuana users in states where it is legal, aides said on Monday.

It seems the bill does not over ride laws in states that do not support medical marijuana, but is designed to support states that do support the usage.

Onelight,
I do have experience with marajuana. For a time in high school and college I both drank and smoked marajuana.  *** removed reference to alcohol comparison *** I do neither now as I have been blessed with a genetic predisposition to being an addict. My family is deep on both sides with alcoholism and drug problems. So I cannot trust myself to use either.
I also have experience with a loved one going through Chemo. He fought the suggestion to us Medical marajuana due to the mindset it was a sin to do so. He finally came to the realization it was no different in the eyes of God than the drugs the doctors were giving him. The ease in his suffering was simply amazing. I also had to watch the pain in his eyes when his deacon and pastor told him he was jeopardizing his salvation by using it.