IGNORED

are scientists thrown under the bus?

alphaparticle

Yes scientists can be unwitting pawns. Being deaf, mute, and blind but somehow still able to sense His presence I feel bad that they are confined by the terms of their own making.

I think we ought to view science as a career choice and quit imbuing more meaning to it than that at the outset.

:thumbsup:

Yeap~! Just Like A Union Of Ditch Diggers Who Are Compelled To Dig A Deep Hole

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

And Then Demand All Their Neighbors Blindly Jump In

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

Before It Collapses Over

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

Them

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

I am not sure how I managed to typo 'quit' into 'quite' haha.

What I mean is this. Take physicists for example, the majority are into condensed matter research. What is this hole that they are digging? The part where they design quantum computers or research alternatives for silicon transistors? The large majority of researchers aren't doing anything but what probably seems mundane to most people. It's a career choice of a pretty ordinary nature.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

Do you think that more scientists are atheists?Why?

More are, for historical and social reasons right now. I see no reason that is necessary though. It's not a part of the work.

My brother was a scientist and he was an atheist because he said if he could not see it or prove it then it did not exist.

I know people who are not scientists that say the exact same thing.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

Ok , I feel like stirring the pot.  Yes scientists can be unwitting pawns. Being deaf, mute, and blind but somehow still able to sense His presence I feel bad that they are confined by the terms of their own making.  If science is built upon successful models, then contact with the perfect model is inspirational. 

There is no such thing as a 'perfect' model, all models are wrong, but some are useful... that is the fundamental truth of models.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,363
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Days Won:  5

Do you think that more scientists are atheists?Why?

More are, for historical and social reasons right now. I see no reason that is necessary though. It's not a part of the work.

My brother was a scientist and he was an atheist because he said if he could not see it or prove it then it did not exist.

I know people who are not scientists that say the exact same thing.

Haha yeah no kidding. Me too.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

udx, ok I understand your view of models, really.

Dollar bet- One day scientists find the model and run thru the streets saying "It's not even wrong!" (because it's perfect)

I have to accept that Scripture no matter what is said or any apparent conflict with Creation is also perfect. If I don't have an answer it is in God to reveal. Human ingenuity has answered many questions and resolved many apparent inconsistencies with models. But bound geometric shapes are perfect models, because they are bound. You cannot d/dx their border. It's In or out. So what is the extent of their usage in more complex modeling?

Edited by dprprb