IGNORED

Once Saved always Saved?

DaNcInAnGeL

Guest NewPilgrim
Judgement Day is the separation of the sheeps and the goats, it is for all "true believers" (sheep) and "fake believers" (goats). Non-believers are already judged while still here on earth.

The sheep and the goats are Jews and the "judgement" that this refers to is the sorting of Righteous and unrighteous Jews. If you notice the following verses in the passage, the sheep have no idea what Jesus is talking about when he says "you visited me in prison, fed me while I was hungry..." A "true believer" as you would understand it, would be very familiar with Jesus words "whatsoever you do to the least of my bretheren, this you do also unto me"

The Sheep in this case are Jews who are sympathetic to the cause of christians and take good care of them during their affliction, most probably during the satanic tribulation - 3 and a half years where he is given the power to fight and subdue the saints (revelations)

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewPilgrim
That is why "not inheriting God's kingdom" is equivalent to "losing salvation" for inheriting God's kingdom makes one His son while not inheriting makes one His enemy, unrighteous, evil-doer .

Not inheriting the Kingdom is equivalent to rejecting the gospel. If you had the insight to understand the passage properly you would see that the writer is clearly distinguishing between those who reject the gospel and continue to live by the law of the flesh and seek to be justified by it, and those who hear the gospel of Christ and are saved by it.

Think about it, if by believing on Christ we become sons and heirs...if it were possible to lose our salvation then we would FORFEIT our inheritance. The Apostles were educated and articulate men. If they were warning that one might forfeit their inheritance, they would have said exactly that.

I've already highlighted how the passage makes the distinction between believers and non-believers a few posts back, however I will endeavour to make it much clearer for you.

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: *adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, *murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Those who live by the flesh, revel in sin without repentance will perish and not enter the kingdom of Heaven

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

But those purchased by the blood of Christ and indwelt by the Holy Spirit (the seal and guarantee of our inheritance - Eph 1:13) live much more righteously, having cast off sinful practise. Therefore, do not behave like one who is still walking in the works of the flesh.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

NewPilgrim quote:

The Apostles were educated and articulate men. If they were warning that one might forfeit their inheritance, they would have said exactly that.

SW:

Really? How does that view square with Acts 4:13 ("unschooled, ordinary men")? Not very well it appears. You may want to refine your argument a little.

Guest NewPilgrim

Luke was a doctor, Matthew was a tax collector, Paul was a chief Rabbi......

Acts 4:13 refers to only Peter and John who were fishermen.

The letter we are currently addressing was written by Paul

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

So generally speaking, the Apostles were not educated men. Paul and Luke were obviously the exceptions. Tax collectors were not likely to be educated. Nothing wrong with education but Jesus chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light. " 1 Peter 2:9

We are bought with a price. We BELONG to God. We are not our own. We have been purchased by God and given His nature - which does not sin. We are riding upon His righteousness not our own. He CHANGES us. Sin could never overwhelm a true believer for long. God would not permit it. It is His duty to secure and keep us. If He did not we would just be lost. Trust His provision and power and love. We are nothing. HE IS EVERYTHING!

Mark

Guest NewPilgrim

Worm, I'd be interested to know what Jobs the apostles had before they met Jesus, apart from the four fishermen Andrew Peter James and John. Do you have that information?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Wasn't Paul's family tent makers?