• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  255
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/29/1974

1. Angels can't get saved.

2. Adam didn't fall from grace, he sinned. Jesus wasn't alive yet to pay his sins for him.

3. salvation is a gift of God, you didn't do anything to earn it, you don't deserve it now, so you can't do anything to lose it. But you can make your life a lot more complicated by not listening to your heavenly Father.

Hope that helps.

C

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  83
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Hi Friend God said through his inspired writer at--1 john 3:9-10-- That the workers of righteousness are the children of God, and cannot practice sin. Practicers of sin are the children of satan.--- And Paul said that there is no sacrafice ( Jesus sacrafice ) for those who practice sin at Hebrews 10:26-- John said at-- 1 John 3:4 that sin is iniquities ( lawlessness in some bibles ) 1 John 3:6 Do not practice sin.( all utterances of God through writers.) Believe God-- you do not want to here these words from Jesus on judgement day. Matt 7:21-23--- You see all these were told they were saved by their teachers, they even did powerful works in Jesus name ( out of a very powerful love for Jesus no doubt ) And when one puts these teachings of God and his son together with Matt 24:13 One must conclude that no mortal man alive can tell another that he is saved. That mortal man would have to be able to read anothers true heart. all the way till the end. impossible. So what does one think the problem was for those powerful workers for Jesus-- practiced sin. because they thought once saved always saved.

Hi.

The Mat. 7 passage contains this key phrase: "I never knew you!" These people were never saved in the first place. They did all the right things but for the wrong reasons: they never had the Spirit in them. Keep in mind the context: Jesus is speaking to the Jews, before the cross.

Likewise, Mat. 24:9-14 refers to how people will have treated the Jews during the coming Tribulation, not the Judgment Seat of Christ. He is still talking to Jews, before the cross, and about a time when God's attention will have turned back to Israel after the times of the Gentiles is over.

As for not being able to read another's heart, nobody disagrees with that. But that has nothing at all to do with OSAS. You have again brought up the common but false charge of "license to sin". Nobody in OSAS says such a thing, and scriptures were already cited to back that up. Conversely, the CS (conditional security) group, by making this charge, implies that they consider themselves good enough in God's eyes to merit their salvation-- as if they don't commit sin! CS is nothing short of salvation by works and confidence in the flesh.

Hi Friend, Yes you are correct they were never saved, the problem is is that they were told they were saved by their teachers. The only ones who will recieve salvation and grace are the children of God, i never said they had a license to sin, they willfully chose to sin. Jesus spoke to all who desire to serve God, and he said -- Man does not live by bread alone but by every utterance from God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Does a saved Christian need to repent of thier sin, and why?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

I love it, I love it! Lost to start with, then gloriously saved! Re-lost, then re-saved. Then re-lost, re-saved. Re-lost, re-saved. Re-lost, re-saved on into the uncertain night! So, again, if one is saved, then re-lost, pray tell WHAT was he saved from in the FIRST instance? ANYTHING? Not from hell's fires, because he's heading there again! Hmm. I call this fanciful tale of "Gloriously saved, Re-lost, Re-Saved, Re-lost, Re-Saved, Re-lost, " by the initials GRRRRR!! If Calvary's cross couldn't save me & keep me saved forever, then, of course, Jesus will have to return to repeat Calvary! IE, Calvary No. 2! WHO makes those bizarro doctrines up? One is gloriously, then re-lost - it's nothing short of a nice graveside speech.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your "eternal" salvation (John 3:16)!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

I would like an answer.

No it has not, I have asked about it before, I found it strange that I never get a response.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Apparently not Smalcald. In fact you don't even need faith to be saved it I guess. Just walk down the aisle at the latest evangelist crusade and sign a card and you have everlasting eternal life!

Come on down friends! Your bus driver will wait for you!

SW

quote:

"Repentance for sin after salvation is a matter of fellowship and rewards."

SW:

Do you have any Scripture or analysis of Scripture to support that? Reward implies related work. Repentance earns salvation?

quote:

"Who says salvation is not by faith? It's not us OSAS, so it must be the other group."

sw:

The OSAS position hinges completely on the idea that all of the warnings given in the NT against falling away were made to people who did not have "true saving faith." I see nothing by the human writers of God's Word that supports that view. How would they know? St. Paul and the others did not offer warnings of falling away only to certain people who they doubted their salvation. They warned ALL believers in their writings.

No it has not, I have asked about it before, I found it strange that I never get a response.

I don't know how you missed it; it seems to be on every page. How many times have we said that OSAS is NOT a license to sin? What do you think that means in terms of repentance? Repent means to change your mind about something. Repentance for salvation is to change your mind about Jesus, to accept Him as the only way to heaven. Repentance for sin after salvation is a matter of fellowship and rewards. As has been repeated over and over, we are the bride of Christ. A "lovers' quarrel" is not a divorce! But to never say one is sorry to one's spouse is to lose the closeness that there once was. This has been stated numerous times.

"Repentance for salvation versus Repentance for sin" "repentance for fellowship and rewards" "lover's quarrel with Christ