• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

quote:

Which is more egotistical: to accept God's promises as true and eternal, or to claim power to overthrow the Holy Spirit and then re-acquire salvation without another Sacrifice? Deny the CS arrogance all you like, but you have been warned.

As with every other ES thread I've ever seen, the CSers are getting frustrated to the point of slander and lies. Dialogue is impossible at that point. Thank you CSers for proving once again that pride is the biggest obstacle to spiritual growth. The material is here in these pages if you ever do open your hearts and minds to "what the Spirit says to the churches".

SW:

Everything above is a gross exageration. It is you who are getting frustrated and angry. I believe God's promise of eternal salvation and I believe the Words of the Bible that assure all believers. But I also know that salvation is through faith in Christ alone. And I also know that God's warnings telling us that we can reject that faith are every bit as true as His assurances.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

2thepoint

Here, it is only Horizon and st. Worm that constantly insult whoever disagrees with them. Butero and smalcald are of the same persuasion but don't seem to need to do so. I guess they feel more secure in what they think.

Butero,

About Peter, God holds us, we do not hold ourselves. Sanctification is a process . Satan was asking to rough Peter up. notice that JESUS was the agent of security. And the Greek construction is referring to being reverted back to faithfulness. You know Butero, your faith can fail do to sickness, emotional trauma, and sin. It is temporary. It isn't a loss of salvation - which is a free gift. Faith is a gift too and it grows with use. Peters faith was much stronger after his sifting. God upholds us and renews us. You would be right if we were stuck out here all by ourselves but that isn't the case. We have the almighty God living in us and teaching us. He wishes for us to exercise our faith and sometimes we hit low places but He is there in the valley of the shadow of death walking with us every step of the way - even if we don't see it.

Mark

The Spirit was not given generally then. And the Spirit didn't come upon him to seal him for salvation but to annoint him for a purpose.

mark777 quote:

Here, it is only Horizon and st. Worm that constantly insult whoever disagrees with them.

SW:

Mark, I have said nothing insulting. It is you who have claimed spiritual superiority to posters who disagree with you. I think that is rather insulting and also dishonest. Why don't you just stop the personal attacks like the one above?

HHHHorizon, "Contrary to those who would tickle your ears, the Book teaches that God does promise eternal security, but He does not promise

st.Worm, "I have done nothing wrong" (As he throws a stone and hides his hand.)

Butero,

I guess that is our major sticking point. I do not believe we naturally have free will. I think the Scriptures teach that we are enslaved to sin - thus the need of a savior. We couldn't do it ourselves. And after salvation we are slaves to righeousness because our new nature is righteous and our old nature is dying. Our new man is eternal and powerful in the Holy Spirit and our old man is powerless and whithering - soon to die.

Mark

Butero,

Can you see, at least, that our supposed free will has been altered by the obtaining of a new nature that is righteous? And that after salvation we obtain the actual presence of God indwelling us? Those are powerful changes.

Mark

Mark777:

st.Worm, "I have done nothing wrong" (As he throws a stone and hides his hand.)

SW:

Get behind me Satan. Obviously you misquote me and that is no big surprise.

No, I believe that I sin all the time but that it is all paid for. I also believe that God has caused a process of sanctification in order that I might willfully exercise my new nature. I willfully sin all the time and so does every Christian. But the Holy Spirit is in me convicting me of my flesh and talking to my new man telling it what to do. And it says, "I am sorry Lord please help me fight the good fight.' And the Fathers says, "DONE, SON."

Mark