DaNcInAnGeL

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

No, the "fall-away" folk have admitted again in so many words that they definitely CANNOT show us their term "TEMPORAL" salvation ANYWHERE in Holy Writ. In fact, they never like dealing with this sound scriptural challenge. But EVERLASTING salvation certainly IS found throughout God's settled & authoritative Word of Truth. And, to boot, please note that they have YET to tell the world WHAT they were saved FROM the "first time" they were saved! Very, very significant silence. The reason is quite clear: that particular dog can't hunt!

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for your EVERLASTING (never TEMPORAL) salvation so full & free! I will never cease to praise You for it! AMEN & AMEN!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  416
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Butero,

I did not say that we could not sin but that the use of a will would be altered by new facilities. How would our new nature and the indwelling of God's very Spirit add to the resources of our will?

Mark

Authur, you're a card. I like a humorous approach to serous matters. It takes the meanness out of it - for me.

Mark

Butero,

I would like to pursue this with you, but can I have a rain check until tonight? It is becoming very interesting but I teach on Saturdays and need to run. I wil be back this evening if you have some time.

About willfully sinning - I guess that I believe all sin is willfull. Maybe we can start out later with the difference.

Mark

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,447
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

2 the point quotes:

You can't accept God's warnings and believe His assurances at the same time. Those warnings are for loss of rewards for the saved and secure.

A cheap personal slam. You should be ashamed of yourself. There is no reasoning with you; you just threw away any credibility you might have had.

SW:

Why can't I accept Gods assurances and accept His warnings at the same time? Both are God's Word. You have just given proof that you are rejecting portions of Scripture because they don't fit your logic.

As for your accusation of "cheap personal slam", the poster intentionally misquoted me and you have given your support to him. You are the one who should be ashamed of yourself.

90 pages - WOW

I have a suggestion, actually Butero saw it pages ago. I suggest that we end this puppy. Each side should pick a poster to write a summation of its beliefs. We will post them and love one another as Christ asked us to. I see three sides: OSAS, Losing salvation and regaining it again, and being able to deciding to walk away from Christ. For our side I think 2thepoint is the most eloquent. I would suggest Smalcald and Butero for the other two positions.

I think this has gone on long enough for us. Maybe others will come along in time and take it up afresh and have something new to say.

For my part, I want to ask st. worm and horizoneast to forgive my passion. Lets be the brothers Christ meant us to be.

For Butero, I disagree with you but highly respect your manner and intellect.

Cardcaptor is great in my eyes because he goes to the Scripture.

I want to thank everyone that interacted with me here.

Mark (OSAS rules!!! LOL!)

Well, Horizon - get SW to do it. I picked smalcald because I think he has a methodical mind and is generally calm - attributes that lend to good clear writing.

This was fun, you know!

Mark

Hey st. Worm,

If you are interested, give us you final detailed word on the matter, Please!

Horizon, You know I did not mean it was a game. I love talking about Christ.

Mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Thanx but you fail to answer my earlier queries re being "originally" saved (the "first time") from WHAT? You cannot show one instance in Holy Writ where ANY of the terms associated with GRRRRRR (Gloriously saved, Re-lost, Re-saved, Re-lost, etc) such as "Re-lost" or "Re-saved" or "born THRICE" (rather than as the Bible puts it, "born AGAIN") appear in Scripture. These are all 'strategic terms' - even if you don't think so - belonging to the people who don't think Calvary's sacrifice was sufficient for all people & for all sins. If Calvary was INSUFFICIENT re All our sins, then Jesus has to be asked to REPEAT His holy sacrifice, even tho Hebrews 10 assures us Calvary WAS ALL-SUFFICIENT! I much prefer the all-sufficiency of Calvary to your personal life-experiences you go to great lengths to share.

It is wholly regretable that when you were "originally" saved, you quite evidently were saved FROM absolutely nothing whatever!!! Again you never responded to my queries trying to find out WHAT you were "originally" saved FROM. Why not? One is wildly unimpressed.

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your EVERLASTING (John 3:16) - never "temporal" salvation full & free!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Guest NewPilgrim

A question for the non-secruists:

For this question I assume that you agree the indwelling Holy Spirit is the mark of God which sets us apart for him. The question is this - If we suppose that a man can lose his salvation as you maintain, when he enters his "unsaved" state is the Holy Spirit removed from him?

When writing this question I bear in mind the premise that the presence of the Holy Spirit denotes our belonging to God.