IGNORED

Baltimore prosecutor files charges in Freddie Gray Case

Burning_Ember

Guest shiloh357

You are acting like those murder charges mean something.   They only charged them with 2nd and 3rd degree murder to appease the mob of criminals who are  tearing up the city. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,009
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  3

You are acting like those murder charges mean something.   They only charged them with 2nd and 3rd degree murder to appease the mob of criminals who are  tearing up the city. 

And your proof is?

It worked.

That's speculation and a massive assumption on your part. Not evidence. 

So you don't actually have independently verifiable evidence of some kind.

I notice that you couldn't define second/third degree murder. Could you please define those? Perhaps that would shed some light on whether those could be appropriate charges.

Guest shiloh357

The results speak for themselves.  Had they done the same thing 23 years ago, we would not had the Rodney King riots.

The charges came too soon for them to be taken too seriously  and most journalists are surprised  that these charges came so quickly.  No one expected them so quick.  In fact I have also heard journalists make the same point.

Your problem is that you are assuming guilt and are treating these charges as if they are a conviction.   Sorry but your irrational liberal bias is showing.

I don't need to define what 2nd and 3rd degree murder are.  

The results speak for themselves.  Had they done the same thing 23 years ago, we would not had the Rodney King riots.

The charges came too soon for them to be taken too seriously  and most journalists are surprised  that these charges came so quickly.  No one expected them so quick.  In fact I have also heard journalists make the same point.

Your problem is that you are assuming guilt and are treating these charges as if they are a conviction.   Sorry but your irrational liberal bias is showing.

I don't need to define what 2nd and 3rd degree murder are.  

So you think that 2nd and third degree murder charges are not appropriate but you don't need to define why they are in fact inappropriate, the start of which would be defining what the requirements for those charges are.

What you are saying is still opinion and speculation. Not proof. Please provide evidence that second and third degree murder charges are not appropriate.

Guest shiloh357

I don't think they are genuine charges.  I think they were made hastily in order to quell the violence and to give the mob of thugs the impression that justice is being carried out.    Whether those charges actually hold is a different matter.   Again, the charges came out uncharacteristically fast and it was probably done to quiet things  down  and it worked.

All we have is opinion at this point, BE.   No one  is brimming over with any real evidence at this point.  So to ask me to provide evidence that doesn't exist at this point or hasn't been made available is really kind of silly.

I don't think they are genuine charges.  I think they were made hastily in order to quell the violence and to give the mob of thugs the impression that justice is being carried out.    Whether those charges actually hold is a different matter.   Again, the charges came out uncharacteristically fast and it was probably done to quiet things  down  and it worked.

All we have is opinion at this point, BE.   No one  is brimming over with any facts at this point.  So to ask me to provide evidence that doesn't exist at this point or hasn't been made available is really kind of silly.

You made the claim that 2nd and third degree murder charges are not appropriate and do not apply in this case. The burden of proof is upon you to prove your claim.

Please provide evidence for your assertion.

Guest shiloh357

I don't think ANY murder charges are appropriate at this point.   That may change as more evidence comes to light.  Again, this is just you wanting to go with "guilty 'till proven innocent."  

I don't think ANY murder charges are appropriate at this point.   That may change as more evidence comes to light.  Again, this is just you wanting to go with "guilty 'till proven innocent."  

Nah this is about supporting your claims.

You claimed that murder charges are not appropriate for this case. Provide evidence. Speculation doesn't count.

Perhaps you can point to the definitions for manslaughter and 2nd degree depraved heart murder and point out how they in fact do not apply.