• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  3

Sprinkle in...

Habakkuk 2:4 (NASB95)

4“Behold, as for the proud one, His soul is not right within him; But the righteous will live by his faith.

If it happens that we were Jewish, leaving at the time of Habakukk and had the righteousness of the Law, and happen to here Habakkuk spoke these worlds, we will strongly oppose him. We will say, no you are very wrong, you give the wrong guidance. We must year after year continiune to observe and keep the calendar and practice everything that is commanded in the Law, keeping the Sabath, the Passover, the unleavened bread and so on, leading to the eligibility to partake in the Attoment and,........if not we will be cut off (and the cleansing sheremonies too) from our people, can you get the message?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

the gospel is in 1 Corinthians 15:1-5 that is the simpl;icity of it

nothing added to it no works, no water baptism, no Sabbaths, no circumcision, nothing else

The words of Jesus:

Mark 16:16 

Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved,

I guess Jesus doesn't agree with you.

it seems the original good news/gospel has been so mangled that it no longer sounds as good news - so here it is again as at Jn.20;31 viz simply simply believe and simply simply continue to do so but as Jesus said to simply simply believe is simply simply very difficult if not simply simply impossible for adults - so how did Jesus solve this dilemma for Christians as finished and done - twinc 

jesus did not solve it.

when most of his disciples walked away from him,  he did not ask them to come back.

he didn't follow them nor chase them nor talk to them more.

he even asked peter "will you leave also peter ? "

but peter said "where would we go master ? no one else has the WORDS of eternal life!  YOU are the Messiah, the son of God"

and of course jesus told him "blessed are you simon barjona, for flesh and blood has not REVEALED THIS to you,  but your FATHER IN HEAVEN HAS". (and , likewise, must reveal the truth to anyone who is called and chosen - it cannot be learned by study or diligent reading or research; only by revelation).

and jesus told the disciples,  several things "you must be perfect, because your father in heaven is perfect."   and "you must give up everything that is yours if you want to be my disciple".

so not too many , for these reasons, were willing to be his disciples.... only a few ....

Jesus did not solve it?

Then you are undone Jeff.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  907
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,650
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Jeremiah 31:31–34 (AV)

31Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

32Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

33But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

well, for those who are called and chosen, saved/ born again/ redeemed/ sanctified/ consecrated/
holy/ perfect/ righteous/ by faith in Yeshua

there is good news.

Yeshua said "few" find it.

Revelation says the whole world rejects Yeshua. They refuse to stop serving /worshiping / demons. (Revelation 18 or so)

They chose , willingly, to not be saved. They willingly refuse to accept or come to the Light, or

to call on Yahweh for His Help. They spurn Him, completely reject Him, and refuse His Help.

so, yes, there is good news, seek Yahweh while He might be found. the time is short.

Jeff if few find it, how do you know you have found it and haven't actually missed it?

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I always thought the Good News was easy to find......Starting at John 1:1......and all the way through to Revelation 21:21......simple as . 

Edited by robin hood

hmmm   my question seems to be being ignored

On 8/21/2015, 6:52:10, simplejeff said:

well, for those who are called and chosen, saved/ born again/ redeemed/ sanctified/ consecrated/
holy/ perfect/ righteous/ by faith in Yeshua

there is good news.

Yeshua said "few" find it.

Revelation says the whole world rejects Yeshua. They refuse to stop serving /worshiping / demons. (Revelation 18 or so)

They chose , willingly, to not be saved. They willingly refuse to accept or come to the Light, or

to call on Yahweh for His Help. They spurn Him, completely reject Him, and refuse His Help.

so, yes, there is good news, seek Yahweh while He might be found. the time is short.

Jeff if few find it, how do you know you have found it and haven't actually missed it?

May God soften your heart Jeff.

Peace.