• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,193
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

If you do not see from all the Scripture that is included in the above "Got Questions" piece about our earthly bodies being destroyed and us given a new body then you are definitely in denial.I can not help you.I will leave this thread.

Bopeep your source does not say we are given new bodies.  It says

Yet believers have the promise that our imperfect and dishonored bodies will one day be raised in glory

It doesn't say we get new bodies or our old bodies are left behind.     

The resurrection is the resurrection of our bodies.     Not our souls.   Our souls are already with the Lord.    It is our bodies which have been left behind and are now resurrected in glory.   

This is why the tomb of Jesus was empty.  

His body was resurrected in glory. 

He didn't get a new body.

It was his earthly body he had on earth, now resurrected and transformed in glory.

We shall be like Him.

This means our eartly bodies will be resurrected like His and transformed like His.

To say our bodies get left behind is what the gnostics taught.

Why are you holding to gnostic beliefs?

All that is needed is one verse.

1 Cor 15:50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Our current bodies are flesh and blood. Those bodies will not inherit the kingdom of God. They are perishable.

Prooftexting does not prove your point.   

This is unsatisfactory scholarship.... Gnosticism was in error with saying created substance was evil- God made it so it cannot be so. However God's holiness
is hinted at in the Jude passage and God's possessions are God's to do with as pleases Him... Romans...  God hates sin even the suggestion of it is lie upon
lies and God has no part with it...   Love, Steven

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

If you do not see from all the Scripture that is included in the above "Got Questions" piece about our earthly bodies being destroyed and us given a new body then you are definitely in denial.I can not help you.I will leave this thread.

Yet believers have the promise that our imperfect and dishonored bodies will one day be raised in glory

The resurrection is the resurrection of our bodies.     Not our souls.   Our souls are already with the Lord.    It is our bodies which have been left behind and are now resurrected in glory.   

It was his earthly body he had on earth, now resurrected and transformed in glory.

We shall be like Him.

This means our eartly bodies will be resurrected like His and transformed like His.

1 Cor 15:50 Now I say this, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable.

Our current bodies are flesh and blood. Those bodies will not inherit the kingdom of God. They are perishable.

This is unsatisfactory scholarship.... Gnosticism was in error with saying created substance was evil- God made it so it cannot be so. However God's holiness
is hinted at in the Jude passage and God's possessions are God's to do with as pleases Him... Romans...  God hates sin even the suggestion of it is lie upon

And how does that mean our bodies aren't also redeemed, resurrected and changed?

Our souls are redeemed even though they were sinful.    So if I apply your reasoning above, God would not, could not redeem our souls either and then we are utterly totally lost for all eternity.

Edited by thereselittleflower

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

We shall be like Him.

And how does that mean our bodies aren't also redeemed, resurrected and changed?

Our souls are redeemed even though they were sinful.    So if I apply your reasoning above, God would not, could not redeem our souls either and then we are utterly totally lost for all eternity.

The soul of the believer goes immediately to heaven when they die.The soul of the unbeliever goes to hades when they die.The body remains in the grave.The body will turn into a glorified body very different than the body we have now and will be resurrected with our soul that is in heaven.This will happen at the rapture.There are only souls in heaven now that are waiting their glorified body.

We shall be like Him.

The soul of the believer goes immediately to heaven when they die.The soul of the unbeliever goes to hades when they die.The body remains in the grave.The body will turn into a glorified body very different than the body we have now and will be resurrected with our soul that is in heaven.This will happen at the rapture.There are only souls in heaven now that are waiting their glorified body.

I agree with this (though I believe the souls of unbelievers are in hell now).

This is saying what I've been saying, that the bodies we have now are redeemed, resurrected, changed, transformed into a glorified bodies that will be reunited with our souls.

They are not discarded and some totally new body given us.

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

We shall be like Him.

This is saying what I've been saying, that the bodies we have now are redeemed, resurrected, changed, transformed into a glorified bodies that will be reunited with our souls.

Hell is empty.There is no one in hell right now.

We shall be like Him.

Hell is empty.There is no one in hell right now.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree  :)

The area in question is what did God rebirth within us...  illustrated for understanding
3_4.jpg 
This is our makeup and as you can see the inner man either dead spirit or s/Spirit alive...
Eph 3:16-18
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened
with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by
faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with
all saints  what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
KJV

when we were born naturally were dead in spirit so all we had to draw from was the sensual
perceptions through the flesh from a world that was now under satans influence... being born
again in s/Spirit gives us the other living avenue of influence God's Word! Now the soulish part
of us mind, will, emotion has choice to draw from the bodies influence or God's Word - if Word
then we are being sanctified within our souls of newness of life in God / if body influence then
we are remaining carnal and useless to God's purpose within us... YET that which is born of
God now supernaturally and indwelt by The Holy Spirit is kept by God to fulfill His promise to
Himself by giving Himself to that new birth...

John 6:27
27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat
which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall
give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
KJV
2 Cor 1:21-22
21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath
 anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the
earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
KJV
Eph 1:13-14
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth,
the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed,
ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the
earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased
possession, unto the praise of his glory.
KJV
Eph 4:30-32
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed
unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and
anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with
all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted,
forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
KJV

This is why it cannot be of works nor can it 'NOT' be- for it is the covenant of Abraham where
God swore upon His Own Self because there 'IS' nothing greater to swear upon... that which
'IS' born of God cannot be unborn- just as one man's sin we were all sinners / so then One Man's
righteousness maybe our righteousness if we just eat of The Tree of Life...  Love, Steven

Edited by enoob57

The area in question is what did God rebirth within us...  illustrated for understanding 
This is our makeup and as you can see the inner man either dead spirit or s/Spirit alive...
Eph 3:16-18
16 That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened
with might by his Spirit in the inner man; 17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by
faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 May be able to comprehend with
all saints  what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
KJV

when we were born naturally were dead in spirit so all we had to draw from was the sensual
perceptions through the flesh from a world that was now under satans influence... being born
again in s/Spirit gives us the other living avenue of influence God's Word! Now the soulish part
of us mind, will, emotion has choice to draw from the bodies influence or God's Word - if Word
then we are being sanctified within our souls of newness of life in God / if body influence then
we are remaining carnal and useless to God's purpose within us... YET that which is born of
God now supernaturally and indwelt by The Holy Spirit is kept by God to fulfill His promise to
Himself by giving Himself to that new birth...

John 6:27
27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat
which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall
give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.
KJV
2 Cor 1:21-22
21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath
 anointed us, is God; 22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the
earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
KJV
Eph 1:13-14
13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth,
the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed,
ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the
earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased
possession, unto the praise of his glory.
KJV
Eph 4:30-32
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed
unto the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and
anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with
all malice: 32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted,
forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
KJV

This is why it cannot be of works nor can it 'NOT' be- for it is the covenant of Abraham where
God swore upon His Own Self because there 'IS' nothing greater to swear upon... that which
'IS' born of God cannot be unborn- just as one man's sin we were all sinners / so then One Man's
righteousness maybe our righteousness if we just eat of The Tree of Life...  Love, Steven

How does any of that in any way respond to what I asked you or said?

The bible speaks of our bodies being redeemed, our bodies being resurrected.   How does any of what you said address that?

Would you like to address what I actually said?

Edited by thereselittleflower

Well loved one it is a short distance to where the answer is-  the sanctified portion of the soul dwelling in the inner man of new spirit/with Holy Spirit
that >is redeemed< ... the body is pronounced from dust thou art and to dust thou shalt return and God is burning up the earth and all it contains along
with the heavens...  However He brings about the new body it will be where sin has never been nor even conceived and the sanctified portion of our
soul in the inner man with The Holy Spirit shall dwell in that new body... Love, Steven

Well loved one it is a short distance to where the answer is-  the sanctified portion of the soul dwelling in the inner man of new spirit/with Holy Spirit
that >is redeemed< ... the body is pronounced from dust thou art and to dust thou shalt return and God is burning up the earth and all it contains along
with the heavens...  However He brings about the new body it will be where sin has never been nor even conceived and the sanctified portion of our
soul in the inner man with The Holy Spirit shall dwell in that new body... Love, Steven

Well my friend,  I actually find no scriptural support for such a position.

I find the scripture tells us the body, this very same body we have right now, will be resurrect and will be changed, its corruption will put on incorruption., and right now,  the same as our soul/spirit is,  our body is being sanctified, made holy.

This is what scripture actually says about the body.

1 Corinthians 15

52in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed53For this perishable must put on the imperishable, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54But when this perishable will have put on the imperishable, and this mortal will have put on immortality, then will come about the saying that is written, "DEATH IS SWALLOWED UP in victory

Notice the words  "put on" in the passage above.

ἐνδύω endýō, en-doo'-o; from G1722 and G1416 (in the sense of sinking into a garment); to invest with clothing (literally or figuratively):—array, clothe (with), endue, have (put) on.

Our souls are eternal.  They are not perishable.   

Our BODIES are perishable.  Our BODIES are sown in corruption and raised in incorruption.  Our BODIES are perishable and PUT ON the imperishable.   Our BODIES are mortal and PUT ON immortality.     

Then and ONLY then will it come to pass that Death is swallowed up in victory.