Spirit versus flesh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Ever seen a dead person?They look vacant.Like their skin is just a housing for what was really important which once lived inside.

Are you saying the body is not really important?

I am saying that the soul is more important than the body because the soul is eternal.Like enoob said our earthly bodies are perishable.We will have a glorified body when we get to heaven.Very different than our earthly body.Our earthly body just houses our soul and spirit.

Are you aware that this belief that our soul is more important than our body originated in gnosticism, and not christianity?   Gnosticism taught that we lose our physical body, that it merely "housed" our soul/spirit.   

To combat gnosticism and it's teachings about the body, the Apostle's creed specifically says  "I believe in the resurrection of the body"

Why would we have a different body in heaven, instead of our current body raised incorruptable and giorified in heaven, when Jesus came to save our body as well as our soul?

Do you realize that the belief that our earthly bodies are more important than our soul is very Biblically wrong?

Who said anything about our bodies being more important than our soul?

Does the resurrection happen before God burns up everything or after?

The Bible speaks of two resurrections the one resurrection of the dead  facing The Great White Throne of judgment:
Rev 20:12-15
 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and
another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those
things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the
dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and
they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into
the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book
of life was cast into the lake of fire.
KJV

The second is the resurrection to life like the vine Jesus speaks of in John 15:5 (comes as fruit from Jesus):
Jesus was the first fruit of Himself  1 Corinthians 15:20, then the saints in Jerusalem Matthew 27:52–53,
 then Stephen Acts 7:59-60, then resurrection of “the dead in Christ” 1 Thessalonians 4:16, then the resurrection of the
martyrs at the end of the Tribulation Revelation 20:4
Love, Steven

I appreciate you providing that information, but  it doesn't answer my question at all.

When do these resurrections happen?  Before or after God burns everything up?

Peter tells us that the old is burnt up and the new is seen after Rev 20 going into Rev 21...
Basically after God's Word is completely done and judgment is over then the burning up of  all the old creation and
then John's vision of the new heaven and new earth in Rev 21 into the eternal state.   Love, Steven 

Ok so

1. the resurrection happens,
  2. then the judgement happens,
  3. and then everything is burnt up.

So the resurrection happens BEFORE everything is burnt up.

So why would our bodies be burnt up if the resurrection is before everything is burnt up?

I am of the opinion that our bodies will be of the new earth :noidea:
I suspect to the fulfillment of half brother Jude's writ

Jude 23
 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV

So you deny the resurrection of our bodies in favor of the creation of new bodies?

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

The Bible speaks of two resurrections the one resurrection of the dead  facing The Great White Throne of judgment:
 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and
another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those
things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the
dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and
they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into
the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book
KJV

The second is the resurrection to life like the vine Jesus speaks of in John 15:5 (comes as fruit from Jesus):
Jesus was the first fruit of Himself  1 Corinthians 15:20, then the saints in Jerusalem Matthew 27:52–53,
 then Stephen Acts 7:59-60, then resurrection of “the dead in Christ” 1 Thessalonians 4:16, then the resurrection of the
Love, Steven

I appreciate you providing that information, but  it doesn't answer my question at all.

Peter tells us that the old is burnt up and the new is seen after Rev 20 going into Rev 21...
Basically after God's Word is completely done and judgment is over then the burning up of  all the old creation and
then John's vision of the new heaven and new earth in Rev 21 into the eternal state.   Love, Steven 

Ok so

So why would our bodies be burnt up if the resurrection is before everything is burnt up?

Jude 23
 And others save with fear, pulling them out of the fire; hating even the garment spotted by the flesh.
KJV

So you deny the resurrection of our bodies in favor of the creation of new bodies?

Yes,our new bodies are corrupt.We will get perfect glorified bodies in heaven.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Content Count:  41,174
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

KJV

Love, Steven

Ok so

Jude 23
KJV

The Bible says so little about the body... I haven't anything hard and fast "thus sayeth The Lord' . It will be one of those
this is cool deals when it happens :thumbsup:  I do not believe it will be a part of the old because God say all things become new...
I know Jesus says we will be like Him for we shall see Him as He is! His body was able to pass through walls yet eat and
rose from the ground into Heaven to be with His Father... I can say if we expect anything to be like here that is error cause
we are told that we cannot think or dream what it is prepared for us by God!  Love, Steven
Love, Steven

KJV

Love, Steven

Ok so

Jude 23
KJV

Yes,our new bodies are corrupt.We will get perfect glorified bodies in heaven.

So are our bodies basically evil and we are trapped in them until we die?

Maybe this will help littleflower.

mp3speaker.gifresurrection body

Question: "How will our resurrection body be different from our current body?"

Answer: 
In his first letter to the church in Corinth, Paul discusses the great differences between our earthly bodies and our resurrected bodies (see 1 Corinthians 15:35-54). Contrasting our earthly bodies with the splendor of our heavenly (resurrected) bodies, Paul says, “The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body” (vv. 42-44, emphasis added). In short, our resurrected bodies are spiritual, imperishable, and raised in glory and power.

Through the first Adam, we received our natural bodies, perfectly suited to an earthly environment. However, they became perishable as a consequence of the Fall. Due to disobedience, mankind became mortal. Aging, deterioration, and eventual death now affect all of us. From dust we came, and to dust shall we return (Genesis 3:19Ecclesiastes 3:20). Our resurrection bodies, on the other hand, will be “raised imperishable.” They will never experience sickness, decay, deterioration, or death. And “when the perishable has been clothed with the imperishable… then the saying that is written will come true: ‘Death has been swallowed up in victory’” (1 Corinthians 15:54).

As a result of the Fall, we are “sown in dishonor.” We were originally made perfect and in the image of God (Genesis 1:27), but sin has brought dishonor. Yet believers have the promise that our imperfect and dishonored bodies will one day be raised in glory. Freed from the restrictions imposed by sin, our resurrected bodies will be honorable and perfectly suited for pleasing and praising our Creator throughout eternity.

Our current bodies are also characterized by weakness and debility. Our earthly “temples” are undeniably fragile and susceptible to the plethora of diseases that ravage mankind. We are also weakened by sin and temptation. One day, though, our bodies will be raised in power and glory, and we will no longer be subject to the flaws and fragility that pervade life today.

Last, the resurrected body will be a spiritual one. Our natural bodies are suited for living in this world, but this is the only realm in which we can live. “Flesh and blood cannot inherit the Kingdom of God” (1 Corinthians 15:50). After the resurrection we will have a “spiritual body,” perfectly suited for living in heaven. This does not mean that we will be only spirits—spirits do not have bodies—but that our resurrected bodies will not need physical sustenance or depend on natural means of supporting life.

We get a glimpse of what our resurrection bodies will be like when we recall Jesus’ post-resurrection appearances. He still had visible wounds, and His disciples could physically touch Him, yet He was able to travel effortlessly and appear and disappear at will. He could go through walls and doors yet could also eat and drink and sit and talk. Scripture informs us that our “lowly bodies” will be just “like His glorious body” (Philippians 3:21). Indeed, the physical limitations imposed by sin that hinder our ability to fully serve Him on earth will be forever gone, freeing us to praise and serve and glorify Him for eternity.

http://www.gotquestions.org/resurrection-body.html

Edited by bopeep1909

KJV

Love, Steven

Ok so

Jude 23
KJV

The Bible says so little about the body... I haven't anything hard and fast "thus sayeth The Lord' . It will be one of those
this is cool deals when it happens :thumbsup:  I do not believe it will be a part of the old because God say all things become new...
I know Jesus says we will be like Him for we shall see Him as He is! His body was able to pass through walls yet eat and
rose from the ground into Heaven to be with His Father... I can say if we expect anything to be like here that is error cause
we are told that we cannot think or dream what it is prepared for us by God!  Love, Steven
Love, Steven

Yet the scriptures tell us that we are being  sanctified  - made holy - body, soul and spirit.

Why would our bodies be made holy?

Edited by thereselittleflower

KJV

Love, Steven

Ok so

Jude 23
KJV

Love, Steven

Yet the scriptures tell us that we will be sanctified  - made holy - body, soul and spirit.

Please read the above post littleflower.It will explain.

KJV

Love, Steven

Ok so

Jude 23
KJV

Love, Steven

Yet the scriptures tell us that we will be sanctified  - made holy - body, soul and spirit.

The question was to enoob, and I think enoob can answer for himself bopeep.  :)

And there is nothing about our bodies being made holy in what you quoted from your site.

Would you show me where it answers my question:

why would our bodies be made holy?

What you quoted appears to say the exact opposite of what you claimed about our bodies

"Yet believers have the promise that our imperfect and dishonored bodies will one day be raised in glory."

Edited by thereselittleflower

KJV

Love, Steven

Ok so

Jude 23
KJV

Love, Steven

The question was to enoob, and I think enoob can answer for himself bopeep.  :)

I understand that but if you do not see what the ministry of "Got Questions" has to say about our earthly bodies then there is a problem.