65Michael

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Does any one one God religion have exclusive rights to the glory of heaven? Hope this doesn't upset anyone!!!

Are you saying is one religion the true religion like Catholic or Baptist?

I was asking this as well. The answers have been informative and helpful. I am still hopeful that someone will help me understand why we as Christians can't stand together as one. Why we are so divided? You know together we stand and divided we fall.

Personally, I think that while bigotry is an important issue, it is not the basis upon whether I would choose or reject a religion.

Religions all make differing claims, so no more than one of them, is true. The true one, is the one I choose, looking for truth is the deciding factor. Many religions can be ruled out of the claim to truth by ordinary practices, or at least be ruled out as not being worthy of consideration. Consider the following statements:

"There is not one God only, but 32.7 gods, and they are composed of 5 genders. They communicate with mankind, in languages which no human can understand. Their will for mankind, is that people live exclusively on a diet of decomposing earthworms, seasoned with ground pumice."

Now, I cannot disprove those statements, but neither are they worthy of my consideration. I prefer to weed out those religions that cannot be tested, make impossible claims, and have no supporting evidence, or can be shown to be false. So far, for me, the only one left standing, is Christianity. If that makes me a bigot, then I am a bigot and will live with that.

John 14:6 Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.[/quote

Thank you for your answer but all Christians know and believe this statement. I most certainly do. I even have a good understanding of it. If I didn't I would still just believe. In one true God. Can you tell me your understanding of this statement Jesus made?

John 14:6Jesus *said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.

Thank you for your answer but all Christians know and believe this statement. I most certainly do.

I even have a good understanding of it....

If I didn't I would still just believe....

In one true God....

Can you tell me....

your understanding....

of this statement Jesus made....

~

There Is One

There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  One Lord, one faith, one baptism, One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all. Ephesians 4:4-6

Only

“Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few. Matthew 7:13-14 (ESV)

One

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities—all things were created through him and for him. And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

And he is the head of the body, the church. He is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead, that in everything he might be preeminent.

For in him all the fullness of God was pleased to dwell, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether on earth or in heaven, making peace by the blood of his cross. Colossians 1:15-20 (ESV)

~

Does any one one God religion have exclusive rights to the glory of heaven?

Hope this doesn't upset anyone!!!

~

Beloved, There Is Only One Way

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

No Matter How Many

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 42:8

May Get

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

"Upset"

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand. He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. John 3:35-36

You See?

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. 2 Corinthians 5:20

As far as denominations go, I wrote on this topic here, if you care to read it.

http://omegazine.com/blog/divided.html

Thank you Omegaman. That was some good reading. I hope many have and will read what you've written!!!

As far as denominations go, I wrote on this topic here, if you care to read it.

http://omegazine.com/blog/divided.html

Thank you Omegaman. That was some good reading. I hope many have and will read what you've written!!!

~

Quack Quack

I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word. Psalms 138:2 (ESV)

4. A religious organization whose congregations are united in their adherence to its beliefs and practices.

Didn’t see that one coming did you? Notice that a denomination is a uniting factor, not a dividing factor! There is a running joke between on of the other chat administrators and I, about Calvary Chapels. Calvary Chapels are a group of churches, who are self described as non-denominational. In the definitions above, denomination has to do with the name of something. Calvary Chapels have the name Calvary Chapel - obviously.  As far as I know, they are united in their beliefs and practices. Do some CCs sprinkle while others dunk? No. Are there any CCs that teach the Jesus will not return for His church until after the great tribulation? I haven’t heard of one. Are their CC’s that do not believe in the perpetuity of the gifts of the Holy Spirit? I don’t think so. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, chances are it is a duck. http://omegazine.com/blog/divided.html

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

Does any one one God religion have exclusive rights to the glory of heaven? Hope this doesn't upset anyone!!!

Are you saying is one religion the true religion like Catholic or Baptist?

I was asking this as well. The answers have been informative and helpful. I am still hopeful that someone will help me understand why we as Christians can't stand together as one. Why we are so divided? You know together we stand and divided we fall.

I do not support denominations.There is too much politics involved.I label myself a "Christian".