IGNORED

The Revelation of Jesus - The Heir. (Vision 2. ch. 4 & 5)

Marilyn C

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Hi Serving,

Thank you for you great comments. Now while we are in Zechariah, just go over to Zech. 6 -

`Thus says the Lord of hosts, saying: "Behold, the man whose name is the Branch! From His place He shall branch out! And He shall build the temple of the Lord; Yes, He shall build the temple of the Lord. He shall bear the glory, & shall sit & rule on His throne; so He shall be a priest on His throne, & the counsel of peace shall be between them both." (Zech. 6: 12 & 13)

There we have God telling Israel that their king shall also be a priest. Unheard of! But the priest on His throne mentioned here is Christ office as kingpriest of Israel over the nations. However we need to remember that Christ is `far above all.....` (Eph. 1: 21). He is enthroned on high as the kingpriest over the third heaven, the Universe & the earth.

Blessings, Marilyn.

PS. I would also like to add that there is more that the Lord has to restore than just the earth. Mmmmmmm

The following scripture verifies that Jesus is the King and priest continually.

Heb 7:1  For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, . . .

Heb 7:3  (Was) . . . made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

We read in 1 Cor 10:11  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the world are come. Melchisedec was not Jesus.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  934
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  10/14/1969

Hi Serving,

Thank you for you great comments. Now while we are in Zechariah, just go over to Zech. 6 -

`Thus says the Lord of hosts, saying: "Behold, the man whose name is the Branch! From His place He shall branch out! And He shall build the temple of the Lord; Yes, He shall build the temple of the Lord. He shall bear the glory, & shall sit & rule on His throne; so He shall be a priest on His throne, & the counsel of peace shall be between them both." (Zech. 6: 12 & 13)

There we have God telling Israel that their king shall also be a priest. Unheard of! But the priest on His throne mentioned here is Christ office as kingpriest of Israel over the nations. However we need to remember that Christ is `far above all.....` (Eph. 1: 21). He is enthroned on high as the kingpriest over the third heaven, the Universe & the earth.

Blessings, Marilyn.

PS. I would also like to add that there is more that the Lord has to restore than just the earth. Mmmmmmm

Yes .. I do know what you mean by the Branch restoring more than the earth   :mgcheerful:  .. & all I can say to that is .. Amen.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Hi Larry2 & Serving,

It is great to see you both in this conversation. I also agree with you Larry, that Melchizedek is just a type of Christ as Kingpriest.

Marilyn.

Looking at the two offices / fuctions of the Lord, king & Priest, we see as Larry has said that Melchizedek was a type.

`For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, & blesses him, to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” & then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.` (Heb. 7: 1 – 3)

Here we see the writer telling us that Melchizedek was `made like the Son of God.` Now a priest in Israel had to have a link from priest to priest – genealogy. But there was nothing written about Melchizedek`s lineage in God`s word so that he could represent Christ`s priesthood, which is eternal. This type – Melchizedek, was before the law, to represent the unchangeable priesthood of Christ, linked with kingship.

`Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, & not be called according to the order of Aaron?

For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law, for he of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.

For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood. And yet it is far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest who has come, not according to the law of fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

For He testifies: “You are a priest for ever according to the order of Melchizedek.”

....so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant. ...because He continues for ever, has an unchangeable priesthood.....is able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him since He ever lives to make intercession for them.

For such a high priest ...has become higher than the heavens...seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens.` (Heb. 7: 11 – 27, & 8: 1)

`..Jesus, having become high priest for ever according to the order of Melchizedek.` (Heb. 6: 20)

Jesus Christ, the King priest.

Marilyn.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Looking at the two offices / fuctions of the Lord, king & Priest, we see as Larry has said that Melchizedek was a type.

`For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, & blesses him, to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated “king of righteousness,” & then also king of Salem, meaning “king of peace,” without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.` (Heb. 7: 1 – 3)

Here we see the writer telling us that Melchizedek was `made like the Son of God.` Now a priest in Israel had to have a link from priest to priest – genealogy. But there was nothing written about Melchizedek`s lineage in God`s word so that he could represent Christ`s priesthood, which is eternal. This type – Melchizedek, was before the law, to represent the unchangeable priesthood of Christ, linked with kingship.

`Therefore, if perfection were through the Levitical priesthood (for under it people received the law), what further need was there that another priest should rise according to the order of Melchizedek, & not be called according to the order of Aaron?

For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law, for he of whom these things are spoken belongs to another tribe, from which no man has officiated at the altar.

For it is evident that our Lord arose from Judah, of which tribe Moses spoke nothing concerning priesthood. And yet it is far more evident if, in the likeness of Melchizedek, there arises another priest who has come, not according to the law of fleshly commandment, but according to the power of an endless life.

For He testifies: “You are a priest for ever according to the order of Melchizedek.”

....so much more Jesus has become a surety of a better covenant. ...because He continues for ever, has an unchangeable priesthood.....is able to save to the uttermost those who come to God through Him since He ever lives to make intercession for them.

For such a high priest ...has become higher than the heavens...seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens.` (Heb. 7: 11 – 27, & 8: 1)

`..Jesus, having become high priest for ever according to the order of Melchizedek.` (Heb. 6: 20)

Jesus Christ, the King priest.

Marilyn.

I'll just add a thought to the priesthood Jesus has.

Melchizedek was a king and a priest. There was no limit on his priest hood: the Aaronic priest was limited to 20 years and they had to give up sacrifices for themselves and the people, and their priesthood was interrupted by death 

Hebrews 5:3.  And by reason hereof he (Aaron) ought, as for the people, so also for himself, to offer for sins.

Christ offered up Himself for the people, and He didn't have to be a Levite or born into it, As our priest king Jesus will never die, and it is said of Him in Psa_110:4  . . Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek. 

Hi Larry 2,

Good thoughts there. It`s always good to see others bringing in more scripture to open up to us more of our precious Lord.

And hi Petula, I`m glad you enjoy reading about the Lord also.

Blessings, Marilyn.

Christ is the King priest anointed of the Father.

`The Lord has sworn & will not relent, You are a priest forever according to the order of Melchizedek, (kingpriest).` (Heb. 7: 21)

Christ in not just `a` priest, but a `high priest.`

`We have such a `high priest,` who is seated at the right hand of the Majesty in the heavens.` (Heb. 8: 1)

So where there is a `high priest` there are other priests. And as this high priest is a royal priest, a kingpriest, then the other priests would also be of that type, that order – kingpriests. Thus as we continue to look at Christ on His throne as Kingpriest, we see others on thrones around Him. Now who are these? And how does God describe them?

`Around the throne were 24 thrones, & on the thrones I saw 24 elders, clothed in white robes; & they had crowns of gold on their heads.` (Rev. 4: 4)

24 elders – (2 x 12) the highest government.
On thrones – Kingpriests.
Around Jesus` throne – the Body of Christ.
Clothed in white robes – made holy through Christ`s blood.
With golden crowns – Victor`s, overcomers.

Thus we see, as Christ promised, the overcomers in the Body of Christ seated with Him on His throne, ruling as Kingpriests.

`To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame & sat down with My Father on His throne. He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.` (Rev. 3: 21 & 22)

`...& has made us kings & priests to His God & Father,...` (Rev. 1: 6)

This group of 24 elders are representative of the whole Body of Christ for the `sing a new song.` This means, I believe, that they testify of what Jesus has done for them, & declare that He is worthy to take the scroll & bring the judgments written thereon.

`...the 24 elders fell down before the Lamb, each having a harp, & golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints. And they sang a new song, saying,

“You are worthy to take the scroll, & to open its seals; for you were slain, & have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe & tongue & people & nation, & have made us kings & priests to our God; & we shall reign over the earth.” (Rev. 4: 10 & 11)

It really is beyond our human minds to comprehend such glory, however, I believe the by the Holy Spirit, we can receive this wonderful revelation that where He is, then we shall also be with Him.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

As this thread is called `The revelation of Jesus – the Heir,` I believe we need to know how this applies to Jesus & what the scriptures tell us concerning this title.

Now, we are told that God owns the earth, the world & all those who dwell therein.

`The earth is the Lord`s & all its fullness, the world & those who dwell therein.`(Ps. 24: 1 & 2)

However, Satan had tried to claim the earth for himself & this is shown in the parable of the vineyard. The earthly estate of this great estate is shown as overrun & the Son was sent to claim the inheritance. God is represented by the owner of the vineyard. He had sent His servants to receive some of the produce, but they were killed. So He sent His Son.....

`Therefore still having one son, his beloved, he also sent him to them last, saying, “They will respect my son.” But those vinedressers said among themselves, “This is the heir, Come, let us kill him, & the inheritance will be ours.” (Mark 12: 6 & 7)

Satan did kill Christ, but this did not qualify him to usurp the earth. Christ rose victorious from the dead & in Rev. ch. 5 we see that He alone is worthy to receive the inheritance of the earth & its people.

`Worthy is the Lamb who was slain, to receive power & riches & wisdom, & strength & honour & glory & blessing.` (Rev. 5: 12)

God appoints His Son as heir of all things, & the earth, its lands & its peoples are His inheritance.

`God....has appointed (His Son) heir of all things.` (Heb. 1: 2)

`Ask of Me, & I will give You the nations for Your inheritance, & the ends of the earth for Your possession.` (Ps. 2: 8)

(to be continued) Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

Now we know that the firstborn in a family is often the heir of the father`s estate or goods, however in Jacob`s family (Abraham`s grandson) his first born was to be given three portions above the other brothers.

1. The Birthright – land, property etc.
2. The Priesthood – access to God.
3. The Kingdom – ruling the other brothers & tribes.

Jacob`s first born was Reuben, & he could have been the heir, plus being a king & a priest. But because he sinned against the father, each of the portions were given to other brothers – Joseph (birthright), Levi (priesthood), & Judah (kingship).

Then we realise that Christ is God`s firstborn & that He never sinned, thus He never gave away His full inheritance as Heir of God`s estates, dominions, rule etc.

1.The Birthright – Christ is Heir of the world.
2.The Priesthood – Christ is the High priest with continual access to God.
3.The kingdom – Christ is the sovereign King over all realms in God`s great kingdom – in the heavenlies & over the earth.

So to my mind, thinking of the throne room (Rev. 4 & 5) I believe we should see some representation of Christ as heir, plus the three portions of His inheritance.

Edited by Marilyn C

Looking at Rev. 4 & 5 & thinking on Christ as Heir, my eyes are drawn to the exquisite gems – the Sardius, the Jasper & the Emerald. These are on the high priest`s breastplate & represent the tribes of Israel. So when the High priest wears the breastplate it represents bringing all of Israel before God.

Yet there is a deeper meaning & that relates to Christ, for each of the sons of Jacob have special birth names, that tell us something about Christ.

Gems on the High Priest`s Breastplate. (Ex. 28: 15 – 21)

1. Sardius. 2. Topaz. 3. Carbuncle.
4. Emerald. 5. Sapphire. 6.Diamond.
7. Ligure. 8. Agate. 9. Amethyst.
10. Beryl. 11. Onyx. 12. Jasper.

Representing the 12 tribes of Israel. (Num. 2.)

1. Judah. 2. Issachar. 3. Zebulun.
4. Reuben. 5. Simeon. 6. Gad.
7. Ephraim. 8. Manasseh. 9. Benjamin.
10. Dan. 11. Asher. 12. Naphtali.

We have seen in an earlier post how the first & last gem stones (sardius & jasper) represent Christ as the Conquering King.

Sardius for the tribe of Judah – meaning `to use the hand.` (Gen. 29: 35)
Judah – from the Heb. `yadah,` meaning to use the hand, indicating power & dominion, (a sceptre – kingship, Gen. 49: 10)

Jasper for the tribe of Naphtali – meaning `I have prevailed.` (Gen. 30: 8)
Prevail – to gain the victory, to conquer.

So what does the `Emerald` stand for?

Emerald – for the tribe of Reuben meaning `to see a son.` (Gen. 29: 32)
Then part of Jacob`s blessing, `Reuben, you are my first-born, my might & the beginning of my strength. The excellency of dignity & the excellency of power....` (Gen. 49: 2)

Reuben was unstable & thus never received the three portions of inheritance – the birthright, the priesthood & the kingdom. But we realise that Jesus, the first-born son of God did obey the Father, & thus became the heir with the inheritance of the birthright, the priesthood & the kingdom.

Edited by Marilyn C