IGNORED

The Revelation of Jesus - The Heir. (Vision 2. ch. 4 & 5)

Marilyn C

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  30
  • Topic Count:  267
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  13,205
  • Content Per Day:  3.49
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  10/06/1947

Now we begin to realise that God is revealing His Beloved Son to us, the first-born Heir, with the entitlement of the three portions of His inheritance.

THE HEIR – represented by the Emerald/Reuben/first-born.

THE INHERITANCE.

1. The Birthright – represented by the scroll, the title deeds of the earth.

2. The Priesthood – represented by the gem stones which are on the High Priest`s breastplate.

3. The Kingdom – represented by the throne, meaning authority, rule.

(to be continued) Marilyn.

There are a few other details that I would like to look at that tell us more of Christ as the Heir of God`s estates & the one anointed as King priest. Now these details are – the `rainbow,` & `the four living creatures.` Here are my thoughts.

The Rainbow.

In the pictorial representation of Christ`s throne we see a rainbow around the throne. It is described as an emerald, which we can see from God`s word as meaning, the first-born heir.

`and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.`(Rev. 4: 3)

The emerald gem was on the breastplate of the High Priest & represented the tribe of Reuben, who was the firstborn son of Israel. The Lord Jesus Christ is God`s only Son & He is called the `Firstborn.` The firstborn is not of birth but of manifestation. Christ is the first, the pre-eminent one.

`He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born over all creation.` (Col. 1: 15)

So how does the first-born relate to the picture of the rainbow? God declared that the rainbow would be His visible sign for His Covenant with man.

`I set My rainbow in the cloud, & it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me & the earth......between Me & you & every living creature...` (Gen. 9: 13, & 15)

It is through Christ that God`s Covenant, God`s plan, is fulfilled because Christ Himself is the surety.

`God said, `I will give .....You (Jesus) as a covenant to the people...` (Isa. 49: 8)

Thus the rainbow like an emerald, represents, I believe, Christ the first-born Heir, who fulfils God`s covenant.

(Note: we know that God unfolded more of His covenant plans to man through Abraham & others, however the `rainbow,` is God`s sign for the beginning of His covenant with man.)

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

There are a few other details that I would like to look at that tell us more of Christ as the Heir of God`s estates & the one anointed as King priest. Now these details are – the `rainbow,` & `the four living creatures.` Here are my thoughts.

The Rainbow.

In the pictorial representation of Christ`s throne we see a rainbow around the throne. It is described as an emerald, which we can see from God`s word as meaning, the first-born heir.

`and there was a rainbow around the throne, in appearance like an emerald.`(Rev. 4: 3)

The emerald gem was on the breastplate of the High Priest & represented the tribe of Reuben, who was the firstborn son of Israel. The Lord Jesus Christ is God`s only Son & He is called the `Firstborn.` The firstborn is not of birth but of manifestation. Christ is the first, the pre-eminent one.

`He is the image of the invisible God, the first-born over all creation.` (Col. 1: 15)

So how does the first-born relate to the picture of the rainbow? God declared that the rainbow would be His visible sign for His Covenant with man.

`I set My rainbow in the cloud, & it shall be for the sign of the covenant between Me & the earth......between Me & you & every living creature...` (Gen. 9: 13, & 15)

It is through Christ that God`s Covenant, God`s plan, is fulfilled because Christ Himself is the surety.

`God said, `I will give .....You (Jesus) as a covenant to the people...` (Isa. 49: 8)

Thus the rainbow like an emerald, represents, I believe, Christ the first-born Heir, who fulfils God`s covenant.

(Note: we know that God unfolded more of His covenant plans to man through Abraham & others, however the `rainbow,` is God`s sign for the beginning of His covenant with man.)

Marilyn.

That was a lot of study, and much I haven't considered. Thank you.

Hi Larry 2,

Yes it is quite a bit to get through & I`m glad you are considering it.

Marilyn.

To reveal Christ to us in Revelation, God the Father has presented over three hundred & thirty references to the figures, shadows, symbols, types, patterns, persons & buildings found throughout His word.

This unveiling is the culmination of all truths expressed from Genesis to Revelation, for all scripture is centred on one purpose & that is to reveal Christ to us in all His Glory.

So when we read of Christ, as a lion, or a lamb, or the morning star, or manna, or a jasper gem stone, etc we know that these are given for us to understand more of Christ, His character, & His ministries.

Thus in the throne room pictorial representation we see Christ the heir, with the title of Kingpriest yet we need to understand His ministries. These, I believe are presented to us as these `living creatures.` They are Christ`s Spirit of life, shown separately as four, but in reality blended majestically into one Royal Divine Person, the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Four living Creatures.

`And in the midst of the throne, & around the throne,were four living creatures.....like a lion... like a calf....like a man,....like a flying eagle` (Rev. 4: 6 & 7)

Christ the King – (Lion)
Christ the Sacrifice (Heir) – (Calf)
Christ the Mediator – (Man)
Christ the Creator – (Eagle)

For Christ to fulfil God`s plan, His covenant to man, He needs to function in each area.

Christ is given the ultimate authority to rule, (Lion)
Christ humbled Himself to be the ultimate sacrifice, (Calf).
Christ is both God & man to be the Mediator of both, (Man).
Christ has ultimate power to create all things new, (Eagle).

The (symbolic) `living creatures,` each have 6 wings, & are full of eyes, saying `Holy, holy.` I believe the `wings,` represent movement & functioning, while the `eyes,` represent spiritual insight.

They are the four ministries of Christ that are functioning continually by the Holy Spirit, with all wisdom & knowledge, displaying God`s holiness.

Marilyn.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  791
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

To reveal Christ to us in Revelation, God the Father has presented over three hundred & thirty references to the figures, shadows, symbols, types, patterns, persons & buildings found throughout His word.

This unveiling is the culmination of all truths expressed from Genesis to Revelation, for all scripture is centred on one purpose & that is to reveal Christ to us in all His Glory.

So when we read of Christ, as a lion, or a lamb, or the morning star, or manna, or a jasper gem stone, etc we know that these are given for us to understand more of Christ, His character, & His ministries.

Thus in the throne room pictorial representation we see Christ the heir, with the title of Kingpriest yet we need to understand His ministries. These, I believe are presented to us as these `living creatures.` They are Christ`s Spirit of life, shown separately as four, but in reality blended majestically into one Royal Divine Person, the Lord Jesus Christ.

The Four living Creatures.

`And in the midst of the throne, & around the throne,were four living creatures.....like a lion... like a calf....like a man,....like a flying eagle` (Rev. 4: 6 & 7)

Christ the King – (Lion)

Christ the Sacrifice (Heir) – (Calf)

Christ the Mediator – (Man)

Christ the Creator – (Eagle)

For Christ to fulfil God`s plan, His covenant to man, He needs to function in each area.

Christ is given the ultimate authority to rule, (Lion)

Christ humbled Himself to be the ultimate sacrifice, (Calf).

Christ is both God & man to be the Mediator of both, (Man).

Christ has ultimate power to create all things new, (Eagle).

The (symbolic) `living creatures,` each have 6 wings, & are full of eyes, saying `Holy, holy.` I believe the `wings,` represent movement & functioning, while the `eyes,` represent spiritual insight.

They are the four ministries of Christ that are functioning continually by the Holy Spirit, with all wisdom & knowledge, displaying God`s holiness.

Marilyn.

Dear Sister Marilyn, I don’t know if you are headed in this direction, but I have a Scofield Bible that gives the following themes of the gospels, and though Scofield gave no indication of them showing the character of the elect portrayed in the four living creatures, we are the work of God to (Eph 2:10) be conformed to the image of Christ (Rom 8:29).

Themes

Matthew -  Christ, the King 

Mark - - - -  Christ, the Servant  

Luke  - - - - - Christ, the Man

John  - - - - -  Christ, in His Diety

Eze 1:5  Also out of the midst thereof came the likeness of four living creatures. And this was their appearance; they had the likeness of a man.

Eze 1:6  And every one had four faces, and every one had four wings.

Eze 1:10  As for the likeness of their faces, they four had the face of a man, and the face of a lion, on the right side: and they four had the face of an ox on the left side; they four also had the face of an eagle.

Types of the Faces

King  - - - -  Lion

Servant - -  Ox

The Man -  Every individual their own?

Eagle - - -   In the Heavens

Eze 10:15  And the cherubims were lifted up. This is the living creature that I saw by the river of Chebar.

As we grow in grace and knowledge of our Lord, we take on the very character of Him.

Blessing in Christ Jesus.

Hi Larry 2,

Thank you for adding those very good points. I had thought of including the gospel aspects of Christ, but didn`t want to give too much at a time. So glad you have though. I would also add (from C.J. Rolls. last century bible teacher) that the four visions of Christ, which we are working through in Revelation, complete each aspect of Christ`s ministries.

Just a small point. The character of Christ that we take on is  - His faithfulness, His truthfulness, His holiness, His righteousness, His graciousness, His goodness, His lovingkindness, His perfectness, etc etc

We cannot do His 4 fold ministries, however there are different aspects of service & relationships by the Holy Spirit that we do & will carry out.

Marilyn.

Edited by Marilyn C

Hi Larry2,

When we look at the book of Revelation, the unveiling of Jesus as the glorified, exalted Son, in Rev. 6 & 7, we will see, I believe, how these 4 aspects of Christ`s ministries rules over the nations. Glad you brought up that aspect of Christ`s ministry.

Marilyn.