• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

the problem i found with einstein's thinking is that he puts gravity as in charge or ruling time and that just can't be. time is a non-material concept thus gravity has no effect on it.  Gravity may affect the clock mechanism, no matter their design, but the mechanism does not originate time it merely measures it.  if a clock moves slowly that does not mean that time has slowed down but that there is a problem with the mechanism

:clap:  :clap:  :clap:    :thumbsup:

It's about "Time".  I've been hammering this on forums for better than 3 years now.  Very refreshing to read this... it made my day, kudos to you sir.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  334
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  1

thank you

the problem i found with einstein's thinking is that he puts gravity as in charge or ruling time and that just can't be. time is a non-material concept thus gravity has no effect on it.  Gravity may affect the clock mechanism, no matter their design, but the mechanism does not originate time it merely measures it.  if a clock moves slowly that does not mean that time has slowed down but that there is a problem with the mechanism

It's about "Time".  I've been hammering this on forums for better than 3 years now.  Very refreshing to read this... it made my day, kudos to you sir.

Just to add a few words to this.  since time is a separate and not controled entity, speed has no affect on its passage.  the time governing a person walking to work is the same for the man traveling at the speed of light. speed does not control time.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

If a teacher of relativity tells you that austronauts can travell faster then light, then you need another teacher. So, maybe he did not say tht really, I hope.

That nothing can travel faster than ligth is a basic consequence of relativity.

So, I do not believe that about relativity also.

Hypothetical of course, he would have to gain tremendous mass apparently.

With that we have the idea that light travels at relativity the same speed for the observer. If, of course, he could break the light barrier.

So tell us more, I'm interested.

By the way, do they say that the universe expanded faster than light and has slowed below the speed of light? ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  2

Just to add a few words to this.  since time is a separate and not controled entity, speed has no affect on its passage.  the time governing a person walking to work is the same for the man traveling at the speed of light. speed does not control time.

We define time by things changing. But do we know how long it actually is?

So we compare events or changes, and call the different rates of expected change - time.

Let's just say there is no past or yesterday, only what we have here today, the now (in the moment), and no tomorrow or future yet, just the now.

By the way, here is a good spiritual lesson, because we can only be right with God now, not before or after. I have spent many years counting on a future conversion - it makes time seem like forever for God - not good at all. It puts a new slant on the text that says a day with the Lord is like a thousand years.

So then, "now" is the only time or thing we have.

Does this mean that there are no consequences, action- reaction, cause- effect?

Of course not, but then what causes the actions of one event carry on to the next?

Why do we reap what we sow when every moment is a new blessing of existence by the everlasting God?

Because God exists, and only because there is a God, does any action or any event have specific, predictable consequences, which are carried on to their very end. Because God has created, established and maintained laws of change and consequence, according to what He likes as the perfect Person.

So if God were to change, all the laws of the universe both physical laws and moral laws would change as well.

Imagine change in physical laws - you go to put food in your mouth, and the speed of the fork changes, the dinner plate shifts in size, and you go to get away from the table, and find yourself standing on the ceiling.

But because God is steadfast in the absolute sense, the universe is totally dependable and consistent with its consequences. 

So what we call time - the observance of predictable changes - is actually a permanent demonstration of the reliability and honesty of God, in allowing and causing all events to have integrity.

You do realize that as a result of your 2 posts....... you've sent 95% of Einstonian Physics into the WoodChipper?

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Content Per Day:  1.19
  • Days Won:  0

If a teacher of relativity tells you that austronauts can travell faster then light, then you need another teacher. So, maybe he did not say tht really, I hope.

With that we have the idea that light travels at relativity the same speed for the observer. If, of course, he could break the light barrier.

By the way, do they say that the universe expanded faster than light and has slowed below the speed of light? ?

I think you are addressing the twins paradox and time dilation. The twin paradox says that if I live my twin sister on earth while I make a trip around the galaxy, I would be younger than her when I return. This has actually been validated by letting twins atomic clocks getting out of synch when one of them makes a trip around the earth.

All this time dilation think is, as you said, a direct consequence of the speed of light being independent on relative the state of motion of observers. To prove the effect is just a matter of simple trigonometry. When you see the passengers of a train running in front of you, you will see them moving in slow motion. Not detectable immediately since trains do not run so fast, but measurable. They will see you moving at slow motion, too, by the way.

Gravity also affects the running of time. It runs slower on earth surface than in orbit. This drift is taken into account in the clocks of the GPS system so that they keep in synch with earth in order to provide accurate positioning all the time.

Hope it helps :)

You do realize that as a result of your 2 posts....... you've sent 95% of Einstonian Physics into the WoodChipper?

I hope so. Christians need to hear the truth and go with that and not with secular information that has no hope of containing the whole truth.

We define time by things changing. But do we know how long it actually is?

no we don't. 

seasons may change but they do not mark time, just reminds us of its passing.

the rest of your post has me responding like this: What are you talking about?  you make no sense whatsoever.  You would be better served by not stating the obvious or what everybody already knows.

I think you are addressing the twins paradox and time dilation. The twin paradox says that if I live my twin sister on earth while I make a trip around the galaxy, I would be younger than her when I return. This has actually been validated by letting twins atomic clocks getting out of synch when one of them makes a trip around the earth.

All this time dilation think is, as you said, a direct consequence of the speed of light being independent on relative the state of motion of observers. To prove the effect is just a matter of simple trigonometry. When you see the passengers of a train running in front of you, you will see them moving in slow motion. Not detectable immediately since trains do not run so fast, but measurable. They will see you moving at slow motion, too, by the way.

Gravity also affects the running of time. It runs slower on earth surface than in orbit. This drift is taken into account in the clocks of the GPS system so that they keep in synch with earth in order to provide accurate positioning all the time.

Hope it helps :)

==============================================================================

I think you are addressing the twins paradox and time dilation.

There is No "TIME" Dilation because TIME is a Concept....it's Immaterial; You can't Dilate Concepts, it's a Reification Fallacy.

There is no "twin paradox" save for in people's imaginations.

This has actually been validated by letting twins atomic clocks getting out of synch when one of them makes a trip around the earth.

Really?  Are Twins....."clocks"?

A Football Field is 100 Yards.... is the Football Field Yardsticks?

The "Thing" you're using to MEASURE isn't the "THING" and doesn't define the "THING" you're MEASURING.

To prove the effect is just a matter of simple trigonometry.

Trig, eh?

We're discussing Physics "PHYSICAL" here.  Mathematics is Immaterial (Abstract).  Does "Explaining" the Physical with Abstract Immaterial seem rational to you?

@ best, Mathematics merely "describes" it "Explains" exactly squat.

This drift is taken into account in the clocks of the GPS system so that they keep in synch with earth in order to provide accurate positioning all the time.

GPS eh?

GPS has about as much to do with GR as the ripeness of Blue Berries impacts the life-span of Lithium Batteries.

Einstein states the Time is affected by Gravity, right?  That is to say, the closer you are to Earth...time will slow down due to Gravity or Time can be Dilated.

Define Time?  Draw a Picture of Time? Point in the Direction of Time?

Time =  a relation between 2 motions.  It's a "Conceptual" relationship...Please show how you can "Dilate" a conceptual relationship? Can you "dilate" between Freedom and Love? It's a Massive Logical Fallacy: Reification.

Lets conduct a Thought Experiment:

According to General Relativity, Time will move slower the the closer and you are to Earth or a Body due to Gravity.  Ok, Lets use Gravitational Clocks... Two Sand Filled Hour Glasses, which function by GRAVITY; apples to apples, as it were.  We'll keep one and set it on the ground @ the base of Mount Everest then take the other to the top.  We then turn them over @ the same "Time"....which one drains faster?

Lets try it again....we move the "Clock" from the top of Mount Everest and take it into Space between the Moon and the Earth...then turn each over again.  Which drains faster? For the person who is turning that "Clock" over in Space....time has stopped!  Because there's no Sand entering the bulb.  Which "Clock" is moving slower?

Define FALSIFIED...?

Define Rubber Ruler? .... then Compare and Contrast that Measure with a Titanium Ruler then reconcile each into One coherent and objective explanation.

They're extrapolating from an erroneous/arbitrary "convention".... conflating 2 different issues: it's one thing for Mickey's Hands/Cesium Atomic "Clocks" to run fast/slow but quite another to then extrapolate from that observation that "TIME" has been affected due to Gravity.

In 1976 they launched Gravity Probe A. What they did was note....@ different Altitudes, their "Cesium Atomic Clocks" had an error between the Probe and the Ground. Then they "error corrected" @ the best Satellite coordinates and VOILA.

hope that helps  :thumbsup: