thereaperman

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

This is a largley american forum, and i guess some of you must have voted him in, maybe because hes a christian. but can you tell me this, today he asked congress for $80BILLION to carry on the war with iraq and afganistan, please correct me if im wrong, but if hes such a christian, why isnt he fighting for that money to be spent on the tsunami or in africa?

reaperman, my daughter is a marine. i'd be darn furious if bush wasn't requesting the money to support our military and provide them with the armour and equipment they need. how can you even ASK Such a question?

our government sent... was it 35 million or billion? to the Tsunami relief effort, and then called for private donations which has exceeded even that.... for what? to show our love for humanity, even the ones that HATE us. even the ones that, as we were using OUR military to bring in THEIR food, water, building supplies, etc, THEY told us to GET OUT.

our government gives far more financial aid to africa and other nations than ANY other government in the world... the majority of money given to any recipient through the United nations ALSO comes from the u.s.

i'm personally deeply offended that you think that the safety of our sons and daughters in the military are not worth the money necessary to provide them with equipment and food. as far as i'm concerned, that's the equivalent of you saying "i hope your daughter starves to death over there, or gets blown away by some radical insurgent, because i don't want to provide her with a keplar vest or her daily MRE"

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

and i guess some of you must have voted him in, maybe because hes a christian.

Yes, I voted for him. No, it wasn't because he is a Christian.

And I'd vote for him again.

As for the rest of your post - we have donated to those problems. Are we required or obligated to donate all to them, to the exclusion of our own interests? Are you holding yourself to the same standards in your giving?

and i guess some of you must have voted him in, maybe because hes a christian.

Yes, I voted for him. No, it wasn't because he is a Christian.

And I'd vote for him again.

As for the rest of your post - we have donated to those problems. Are we required or obligated to donate all to them, to the exclusion of our own interests? Are you holding yourself to the same standards in your giving?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

oh oh oh WIP, that was an excellent question!!!! "are you holding yourself to the same standards in your giving?" :thumbsup::blink::blink: how many people here would be willing to give up the security of their own home, their own food, their own transportation, (and that of their children) and give it all to someone who lives on the street and scrounges through dumpsters for food and clothing? NOBODY! so why on earth should anyone expect our government to sacrifice our own needs for someone else? we can't help others if we can't take care of our own.

Guest NH_Marine15
reaperman, my daughter is a marine. i'd be darn furious if bush wasn't requesting the money to support our military and provide them with the armour and equipment they need. how can you even ASK Such a question?

our government sent... was it 35 million or billion? to the Tsunami relief effort, and then called for private donations which has exceeded even that.... for what? to show our love for humanity, even the ones that HATE us.  even the ones that, as we were using OUR military to bring in THEIR food, water, building supplies, etc, THEY told us to GET OUT.

our government gives far more financial aid to africa and other nations than ANY other government in the world... the majority of money given to any recipient through the United nations ALSO comes from the u.s.

i'm personally deeply offended that you think that the safety of our sons and daughters in the military are not worth the money necessary to provide them with equipment and food. as far as i'm concerned, that's the equivalent of you saying "i hope your daughter starves to death over there, or gets blown away by some radical insurgent, because i don't want to provide her with a keplar vest or her daily MRE"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

i agree!

NHMarine15

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

taking care of your own in a country you invaded for oil breaking UN law, your sons and daughters are there becuase the mad man you voted in put them there to make rich people even richer. is he using those rich peoples money to support the war he started on thier behalf, or is he using tax payers money? i dont hope your sons and daughters die, i prayed bush wouldnt get in and carry on his onslaught on the world. ive donated to the relief effort, my priorites will always be with those effected by war and famine and everything else than man does to its fellow man. but im not in a position to donanate $80BILLION to a WAR instead of using it for PEACE.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  669
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  09/04/1986

This is a largley american forum, and i guess some of you must have voted him in, maybe because hes a christian. but can you tell me this, today he asked congress for $80BILLION to carry on the war with iraq and afganistan, please correct me if im wrong, but if hes such a christian, why isnt he fighting for that money to be spent on the tsunami or in africa?

I don't understand what you mean by if he's such a Christian, why isn't he fighting for money to go to the tsunami, etc.

ALOT of money has been sent to those countries, and there have been many fundraisers to help out there. As Lady C said, our country gives more to those causes than any other country in the world.

I don't think there is anything unchristian about asking for money to help our troops. They are in dire need of food, equipment, they need to be paid, etc.

When Clinton was in office he significantly cut back on our military, equipment, and funding. Now Bush is trying to get them what they need to do their jobs.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  624
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

I object to Bush sending any money to Tsunami aid period. It is not the government's place to give out money that isn't theirs. Tax dollars should never be spent for relief efforts because it enforces the idea of wealth re-distribution which is contrary to the principles this country is founded on.

Of course, this wasn't his own money he was pledging. He was being generous with your money. And he had no authority to commit even $1 of federal money to anything that hadn't been approved by Congress

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  142
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  01/01/1985

Our government's primary responsibility is to protect its people and support its armed services. Humanitarian aid to foreign countries is a good but the US is, in my opinion, not responsibile to provide aid.

You probably don't realize that of the money in aid the US has pledged to the Tsunami relief that not counted in that number is the direct aid provided by the US military. We were the first country on site that brought with us the capacity make over 90,000 gallons of fresh water per day--we were there within 1 week. Do you know what the cost is to send a naval fleet to provid humanitarian support? I do not, but I am sure it is expensive.

Not only is the American government providing aid to the Tsunami relief efforts, but private American citizens are also contributing millions of dollars of private money to support humanitarian aid all over the world above and beyond what our government invests.

You are probably unaware that America, its government and citizens, contribute more as a per capita to charity than any other nation in the world. America is a super rich nation, but we are also a generous nation.

Why don't other countries provide aide to the US when we have a natural disaster?

I voted for Bush, but not because he claims to be a Christian.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Paul,

You have every right to ask your questions and expect your brothers and sister in Christ NOT to bite your head off. It is unfortunate when they do without sound reason.

Personally, I did not vote for George Bush because he is a Christian. I voted for him because for the most part, I agree with his policies and politics.

Regarding the war, it may be in Iraq and Afganistan but it is not against those countries. The enemy are the terrorists who have attacked both our countries.

Regarding the tsuami, much of the relief effort is coming from U.S. Military personnel, which is not included in the billions of dollars sent in food and relief supplies.

I know it is hard when you live in a place where everyone is critical of the United States and our policies but I ask you. If Great Britain was attacked, would you expect any less from Tony Blair?

Bless you,

Wayne