IGNORED

What is the difference in the rapture and the second coming?

missmuffet

Guest shiloh357

No, Satan is restrained only in the sense that Satan is on a leash.   He can still operate on the earth, but he is limited.

When the Bible says that satan is bound, it means that he is immobilized and does not enjoy the limited action he has at this point, not only that, but satan is put in a pit and has NO activity on the earth at all, which is totally different than what we have now. .    You are essentially playing word games because if you actually took God at his word,  you could not defend your wacky theology.

Anyone with any commonsense knows the difference bewtween simple restraint of  a person's activities, vs.  binding someone up so that they cannot move or act at all.   to suggest otherwise is to insult people's collective intelligence.

Guest shiloh357

I am not misrepresenting   you.   I have repeatedly asked for textual indicators that prove that "1,000 years"  is symbolic  and so far, you have not been able to do that.   You just keep on the same canard about it being symbolic, but when asked to prove that claim you just repeat the same canard over and over.

I don't believe my interpretation is infallible, but it is far, far, far more accurate than the bargain basement nonsense you pass off as "biblical interpretation."

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

I have never heard of a Davidian kingdom being set up on earth - except that of Christ.

Where is King David today?

Christ is the Davidic King.  Christ told Pilate his kingdom is not of this earth.    The Davidic kingdom as it existed in the Old Testament is no more.    People who look for an earthly kingdom will be dumbfounded when their expectation for a physical reign of Christ on earth never materialize.

From what I have read, that is true, the promise to David was to Christ that He would reign on his throne - over the Lord's people.

There might be more to it though, I am willing to hear it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

And David's throne is on earth, not in heaven.  

Not any more.

I have never heard of a Davidian kingdom being set up on earth - except that of Christ.

Where is King David today?

Christ is the Davidic King.  Christ told Pilate his kingdom is not of this earth.    The Davidic kingdom as it existed in the Old Testament is no more.    People who look for an earthly kingdom will be dumbfounded when their expectation for a physical reign of Christ on earth never materialize.

From what I have read, that is true, the promise to David was to Christ that He would reign on his throne - over the Lord's people.

There might be more to it though, I am willing to hear it.

Christ is the Davidic King.   

Christ said his kingdom is not of this world.

Christ is sitting at the right hand of God the Father.  This is a position of power and authority, not a place to sit back and twiddle one's thumb.s

Christ is sitting on his thrown now, in heaven.  

The earthly Davidic kingdom is over.   

David's throne is not in heaven and the Bible never places it in heaven, so you are wrong.

David's earthly throne is no more.

Christ, heir of David, is sitting on his throne in heaven.  

Where Christ is, is the Davidic King, for Christ is the Davidic king.

Where Christ sits is the Davidic throne because he is the Davidic King.

Guest shiloh357

Then God is a liar, according to you.    David's throne, his authority/kingship, not the actual piece of furniture, is on earth and has to stay on earth for Jesus to fulfill prophecy as the physical king/Messiah of Israel.   

No the Davidic reign is not universal.   It is particular to Israel.   Jesus is the Savior of the world, but he is Israel's Messiah.   

Then God is a liar, according to you.    David's throne, his authority/kingship, not the actual piece of furniture, is on earth and has to stay on earth for Jesus to fulfill prophecy as the physical king/Messiah of Israel.   

No the Davidic reign is not universal.   It is particular to Israel.   Jesus is the Savior of the world, but he is Israel's Messiah.   

No, God is not a liar.  But it seems you believe your interpretation is infallible, and so anyone who disagrees with you is disagreeing with God Himself.    By doing so, by your actions,  you elevate your interpretation to the level of God Himself.

Do you speak with the mouth of God?

Is you interpretation infallible?   You said you don't believe any interpretation is infallible.

This means then, that you could be wrong.   

If you could be wrong, then it is wrong to call anyone a liar simply because they disagree with you who is someone who could be wrong by your own admission.

It would be also wrong for you to accuse them of calling God a liar simply because they disagree with you who is someone who could be wrong by your own admission.