• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

For those that don't believe in YHVH, this world is the only thing they will ever have, of course they are going to run around screaming that the sky is falling every time something happens to their ecosystem.  How horrible it must be to believe that nothing exists beyond this life and that this is a good as it's going to get.  This world isn't all that great, there's hunger, poverty, illness, and treachery all around us, I can't wait until the day when all will be made new and the world will be a paradise again, though I have doubts that I will experience this renewal in the physical domain.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,690
  • Content Per Day:  8.03
  • Days Won:  77
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

For those that don't believe in YHVH, this world is the only thing they will ever have, of course they are going to run around screaming that the sky is falling every time something happens to their ecosystem.  How horrible it must be to believe that nothing exists beyond this life and that this is a good as it's going to get.  This world isn't all that great, there's hunger, poverty, illness, and treachery all around us, I can't wait until the day when all will be made new and the world will be a paradise again, though I have doubts that I will experience this renewal in the physical domain.

:amen:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

I agree in principal and   that  the western world  ,and most particularly the U.S. have greaty polluted the earth, with massive amounts of rubbish,and have thrown food into the sea when there is an excess ,rather than allow it to affect the markets .(stock exchange ).

The US uses half of the worlds resources especially in fuel ,and it is time that Christians faced the fact that they will be held accountable for their greed ,and for their destroying of the ecosystems . Whether or not this affects the temperature may not be conclusive ,but the former is certainly true, and is ignored by so many .

I do not agree that simply waiting for Jesus to come ,while ignoring the effect we have on others trying to survive on the planet

is going to please the Lord . How we treat each other, includes not destroying their capacity to grow crops to survive .

I don't know where you got your data, Thallasa, but I did a pretty thorough search to find the percentage of world resources used by the U.S. and it's less than 25%.  That's still disproportionate but we DO pay for all of that which supports the world economy.  As for pollution, we have done more than most other countries to clean up our act.  See below:

http://public.wsu.edu/~mreed/380American%20Consumption.htm

You've always had a good sound mind toward logic... I'll stop there lest I puff you up :)

Too late for that, Steven!  :biggrin2:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.07
  • Days Won:  78

What I don't get,  is,  as soon as you oppose the opinions of the  "Eco disaster industry hype"  ,some people get so angry at you for disagreeing with them.  They start to adding to your words what you haven't said, and project all sorts of false qualities and make false accusations upon. ie.   Those that don't agree MUST therefore be the PROBLEM , they must be the irresponsible wasteful trashers of the planet and must be vilified. Especially if they ultimately trust God-- that's the big clue there ...its a free ticket to consumer and consumptionville!!    

Because.....  :th_frusty:     It's like there can be ONLY two completely opposite positions?  A person CAN be a Bible believing, GOD fearing, as well as lead a perfectly minimalist , recycling, composting, energy efficient, small foot print lifestyle and not support the "green movement" .    :th_handshake:

Maybe it is that we don't have the fear that they do  about the earth's destruction, maybe that makes them get so angry.

Well, that's the thing, Davida.  If one doesn't have God, they have nothing except this temporary home we call Earth.  I can understand why they're afraid.  Unfortuantely, for them, they are facing a much worse problem when they die and most of them don't realize it.