Khristeeanos

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

"Since you have been born again, not of perishable seed but of imperishable, through the living and abiding word of God; for “All flesh is like grass and all its glory like the flower of grass. The grass withers, and the flower falls, but the word of the Lord remains forever.” And this word is the good news that was preached to you."

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

I recommend the authorized versions translated from the Textus Receptus, all other versions come from translations of Origen's 5th column. If you haven't already, I suggest a side by side study along with the books written by Dr. Floyd Nolen Jones. Read about Origen and what he believed and what he didn't believe. Dr. Jones's expertise on the subject is only paralleled by a few. After a thorough study it will be easy to decide which is the correct version to use.

There are a number of books which are available to establish and prove that the Traditional Hebrew and Greek texts standing behind the KJB represent the MAJORITY of manuscripts, and therefore represent the autographs (the originals).

These traditional texts were used for all Reformation Bibles (Luther's, Geneva, Tyndale, Bishop's and many others).  A study of Burgon, Scrivener, Hoskier, and other like-minded 19th century scholars will convince any seeker after truth. These men actually collated the manuscripts of the New Testament (unlike many today who claim to be "scholars") and proved without the shadow of a doubt that the "Critical Texts" (Westcott/Hort, Nestle, Nestle/Aland, United Bible Societies, etc. down to the present day) are corrupt and should be discarded out of hand.  Origen had his hand in this corruption, and Eusebius promoted the same corrupt texts. Vaticanus and Sinaiticus are two of the most depraved texts of the NT but they have been elevated to the position of idols to create the modern versions.

The translators of the Authorized Version (AV) took upon themselves the task of making one outstanding translation out of many good ones.  They also took pains to distinguish their own words (for clarification) from those found in the Hebrew and Greek texts. Those words have been italicised.

That God blessed the KJB for over 400 years is proof that God's hand was over this Bible, and still is.  A recent survey of Americans showed that over 55% of Americans still use the KJB, despite all the hype and negative propaganda against this trustworthy Bible.

However, the OP did not want to hear about KJVO, but facts are facts, and truth is truth.  You wanted to find a reliable version, but when given the opportunity, you have chosen to discard it.  Christians who claim that the KJV is difficult to understand are not really being honest.

Read John 3:16 in the KJV (which did not change since 1611 except for spellings and punctuation).  A child could understand that (and almost everything else in this Bible).  There are all kinds of Bible helps to understand any word that is not completely clear.

Agreed,

I believe God has kept his word pure and Perfect, He has to, He will judge the world with His written word. If He couldn't keep His word how could He rightfully judge from it. I believe God has the power to keep His word perfect, and did through the KJV. He placed His servants, true followers throughout history with the mindset to copy and preserve the word intact and infallible. 

The worst of the perverted versions remove verses and phasing indicating the deity of Christ, and/or remove the absoluteness of a virgin birth. Both lessen Christ in scripture. I believe this is a form of tolerance allowing other religious beliefs to be placed on par with Christianity. It opens the door for those who claim there are many paths to God, that Jesus isn't the only way. I believe the perverted versions are the main cause of this. Some would call these versions modern, liberal, mainstream thinking, however they will only leave in conclusion, error in one's belief system.