Hall7

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  236
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  1

When he comes, will the son of man even find faith in earth?  

Well, I sincerely hope he will find faith in me. How about you? :)

I growing in the faith but have found many instances where I believe Jesus would have said those words unto me "oh ye of little faith".  Since my faith has began to grow I actually wonder just how great ones faith can become!

"Everyone then who hears these words of mine and does them will be like a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house, but it did not fall, because it had been founded on the rock." (Matthew 7:24-25 ESV)

Thanks for the encouragement.  I was amazed how true those words were.  Notice he says "and does them".  I was guilty of doing alot of reading without following up with the doing and led a mediocre Christian life.  Then I was led to start the doing aspect and the whole world began to transform before my very eyes!  I had no idea what all was/is possible through obedience to his teaching but I cannot wait to find out.  Peace.

You're welcome. And God bless you. It's gonna be an exciting and meaningful journey for you. Hard. But exciting!

Why not just a woman? why does it have to been an angel?  How many times did GOD send an Angel in the Bible? 

You were asking God to send you an angel to film.......and were disappointed that day that GOD didn't.  I find this a little odd for a Christian but completely normal  from those involved in mysticism and the new age spirituality. Sounds like something I'd hear on Oprah.

Matthew12:39 " But he answered and said unto them, An evil and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given to it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas:"
I think you are a fairly new convert to Christianity who had been seeking prior and involved in other spiritual beliefs. I hope you attend a Bible believing Church with a good Pastor. If you aren't yet you need to focus on attending a scriptural Bible believing Church that HAS a good Pastor,  attend a Bible study group that gives you a thorough introduction and has a discipleship program so you can be thoroughly immersed, to learn the Word of God and be secure in your faith.

2Timothy 16,17 "16 All Scripture is inspired by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, for training in righteousness; 17 so that the man of God may be adequate, equipped for every good work. Matthew 4: 5-7 when tested in the wilderness by the Devil. Jesus said "the scripture says we are not to test the LORD our God."

The message I'm saying is to be very, very careful. It is not a wise to be looking for angels or signs.  I am skeptical, concerned and extremely cautious for good reason.

I'm not taking anyone side, as I don't know enough about these things to take sides. Just want to say what's on my mind.

First, I think that we are limiting God's sovereignty if we presume to know what he can and cannot do. Sure, to those who know about such things, this story might indeed sound like New Age spirituality, but are we to immediately reject it because of that? Could we not consider the possibility that, because God is the Almighty, he could have been behind it after all?

Second, I believe in the authority of the Bible, but I believe that it is foolishness to reject our experiences and not consider them as our source of knowledge and growth. God walks with me. God shares my life with me. Am I to turn a blind eye to all the things he has taught me through my experiences with him?

Besides, bad experiences are part of our growing up. The pain of being mislead and of believing in things that we later come to realize as lies is awful, I know, but in the end, we learn much, and we grow much. Yes, we must be careful, but not too careful that we become afraid to take risks.

Remember, ours is a life of faith. We walk by faith and not by sight. We take risks even if the way is not clear. We believe even if it is not believable to others. And we put our lives on the line -- even if there's no safety net below -- except the invisible hands of Jesus.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,385
  • Content Per Day:  0.32
  • Days Won:  5

I'd like to clear something up before I leave... Looking for angels isn't something I was into before all this happened. It was only on that one day I hiked to the summit that the idea crossed my mind that it would be so great if I could present something to people who aren't saved, something they can see. The world seems so lost these days with all the ungodly things going on. I felt pain for the world and was desperate to try to help it with something it could see in these dark days. The major cause of my faith being weak after the hike, was the doubt of my feelings, the doubt of wondering if what I feel when connecting with God came from the Holy Spirit or my own emotions. I began having these doubts from reading a thread on Worthy where some members were saying that the Holy Spirit isn't a feeling and what we feel are our own emotions. I didn't believe in that at all but these thoughts lingered in me. So when I didn't see an angel on the video it just was an addition to questioning my faith. I was going through some kind of trials during that phase. But after what happened to my wife and listening to the message given to her, I knew It came from God. I then knew that what we feel when filled with the Holy Spirit aren't our own emotions but they are the Spirit of God. I later realized that even if someone had proof of one of God's creations such as an angel captured on camera, it wouldnt make a difference because people are going to believe what they want to believe. Salvation only comes by faith and surrendering to Jesus. However this story turned out to be an inspiring testimony for many, and I thank the Lord for that...

I began having these doubts from reading a thread on Worthy where some members were saying that the Holy Spirit isn't a feeling and what we feel are our own emotions.

"You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore." (Psalms 16:11 ESV)

You have to be intimate with God to know the difference....