• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,146
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/10/1950

thereslittleflower mentioned "American Citizen", no one searches the Declaration of Independence or the Constitution to find these two words mentioned side by side.  How about an accidental accident?   I hear it all the time, doesn't bug me at bit.

I call myself a Born again Christian not to indicate that there is such a thing as a regular Christian.  I use it to solicit a question from a non believer as to what born again means.  That opens doors for me.  Is it mentioned in the Bible?  No.  Did Jesus know that it would be used 2,000 years later?  I say yes, thank you Lord.  I also have a sticker on my vehicle window that says "Jesus Freak".  It works the same way.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

This Robin Hood individual appears to delight in either spewing untruth to antagonize, or to make assertions about the faith and the Bible from a standpoint of being quite uninformed. That Jesus never mouthed the words "Born again Christian" is a hermeutical error any elementary Bible student can answer.

For example Robin Hood does not realize Jesus spoke in Hebrew or Aramaic and did not even utter the precise words "born again."  And if he is going to be a stickler for precise legal detail Jesus did not say "born" "again" "Christian" then his or her own reason is flawed and should be cast out as nonsense.

Point being what did Jesus mean by what he said? In English, 2000 years or so after the people Jesus was referring to were called Christians at a later date (but shortly after his statement) he was referring to what is today in English called born again Christians or born again believers in Jesus.

If this Robin Hood individual will not believe because they are so uniformed and is apparently unwilling to study the Bible enough to learn these things then his or her futile attempts to cause controversy are not worth  trifling with. As my first year Bible teacher used to say to such challengers, bone up or shut up!

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Topic Count:  908
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,653
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

The song "Ain't Necessarily so" was written by Jacob Gershwine (George Gershwin†††) depicting the lives of uninformed underprivileged people of color in a fictional town in the American South. Sentiment since echoed by the performances of such malcontents as Cher and Jamie Cullum to those who identify with their malcontent. We all sing the blues. But only a fool chooses misery to remain in. It's depressing and leads only to demise.

††† An extremely talented Jewish man who wrote many classic songs. Nothing against Jewish people, but there is the tendency in human nature to have a resentment towards the Holy Book especially when you are running from it (and especially if you are one of the chosen people of it).

Also anyone can sing anything isn't necessarily so about anything. That doesn't make it so. Robin Hood for example can claim to be a high school grad and have the diploma on their facebook page and I can come along and say it ain't necessarily so. Don't seem Robin Hood doin' no home work. Can't see him or her passing gym class.

I mean... so what?

Just because I can say it does it make it not so in Robin Hood's actual life experience (and I'm sure Robin Hood did excel in all of the above which was strictly for example).

Somebody else comes along and sees the thing I just wrote and repeats it without investigating whether or not it is true and it gets put to music and those who identify with it will sing it the Robin Hood flunked out of School Blues... and there you have the consensus to come to Robin Hood's message board and challenge his or her credentials.

Is this the sort of thing you want to waste much time with? 

Edited by JohnD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

This Robin Hood individual appears to delight in either spewing untruth to antagonize, or to make assertions about the faith and the Bible from a standpoint of being quite uninformed. That Jesus never mouthed the words "Born again Christian" is a hermeutical error any elementary Bible student can answer.

For example Robin Hood does not realize Jesus spoke in Hebrew or Aramaic and did not even utter the precise words "born again."  And if he is going to be a stickler for precise legal detail Jesus did not say "born" "again" "Christian" then his or her own reason is flawed and should be cast out as nonsense.

Point being what did Jesus mean by what he said? In English, 2000 years or so after the people Jesus was referring to were called Christians at a later date (but shortly after his statement) he was referring to what is today in English called born again Christians or born again believers in Jesus.

If this Robin Hood individual will not believe because they are so uniformed and is apparently unwilling to study the Bible enough to learn these things then his or her futile attempts to cause controversy are not worth  trifling with. As my first year Bible teacher used to say to such challengers, bone up or shut up!

Really, personally attacking him like this only demonstrates you didn't understand what it was he was trying to say.

:(

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Really, personally attacking him like this only demonstrates you didn't understand what it was he was trying to say.

:(

Thanks , but  such posts are for me like water off a duck's back........best ignored . :cool2:

Edited by robin hood

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  241
  • Content Per Day:  0.08

Too often I come across the term " Born Again Christian " .

The term will not be found in the Bible .

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

Jesus meant that to be 'born from above'! Of course, 'born again' claim is in tune with Paul with his self-claim of apostleship! It is the fruit of the Spirit that will decide that, not any emotional burst of sounds or actions!

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

The term is actually theological nonsense......Just think about it......it doesn't make sense.....it was never used by Jesus .

Jesus meant that to be 'born from above'! Of course, 'born again' claim is in tune with Paul with his self-claim of apostleship! It is the fruit of the Spirit that will decide that, not any emotional burst of sounds or actions!

In your post you referring to a matter that has been in concidarasion  with me for some time, how to aliviate the fear of going to Hell. Or how to remove doubts of whether someone belongs to Jesus or not. (resulting going to heaven).

or the struggle to prove to ones self that I have establish my self in the faith and there is no way that I will ever denied my belief in Jesus Christ no matter what comes along in my life.

While is good to establish ones self in the knowledge of Christ, still we have to look where it all began, and what Jesus Christ knows about someone who has believed regardless of this individual's  understanding. Which is relevant and also irrelevant both to Jesus and to the believer.

We all very well know that the righteousness of Jesus Christ is imputed upon someone when Jesus   ( and or the Holly Spirit) sees faith in the heart of someone who has just believed. For with the heart someone believes unto righteousness. This is the same for anyone regardless of their background and or phycical or mental well been.( mentally chalenge people and deaf and mute individuals or sick and weak).

Someone is righteous in Jesus, when Jesus says that you are righteous in my name, not when a person becomes consious and when he is trying to convince ones self in a variety of ways that he has the righteousness of Jesus Christ by faith. This is an attempt to depart from self inflicted sorrow. 

We see that the righteousness of Jesus is imputed upon someone before any verbal   or other method of conffesion ( which are quite few).

And also the righteousness of Jesus is imputed before repentance of any kind of works or defects of character. 

For any one who has denied in the past faith in Jesus as the Christ, the repentance of faith for him, or her, (also could be a child), comes before an individual believes that Jesus has died for his sins, and the sins of the whole world or before at some point, and it is in the heart of the person, whether it is express with a type of conffesion or not. 

At the same time of belief an individual together with the gift of righteousness, also recieves the deposit of the spirit, and the Gift of eternal life, and a place in heaven to be with Jesus Christ if he keeps believing in him  till he departs from this world. 

Your faith that Jesus died for your sins, for the seal of the Holly Spirit that you belong to GOD or to Heavens.

Repentance  of works and or defects of caracter brings salvation from those afflictions,  

We already have establish fellowship with Jesus through faith alone,

and we may continiou to grow in pursuing  an active fellowship with him through the Holy Spirit while we lived.

In your post you referring to a matter that has been in concidarasion  with me for some time, how to aliviate the fear of going to Hell. Or how to remove doubts of whether someone belongs to Jesus or not. (resulting going to heaven).

or the struggle to prove to ones self that I have establish my self in the faith and there is no way that I will ever denied my belief in Jesus Christ no matter what comes along in my life.

While is good to establish ones self in the knowledge of Christ, still we have to look where it all began, and what Jesus Christ knows about someone who has believed regardless of this individual's  understanding. Which is relevant and also irrelevant both to Jesus and to the believer.

We all very well know that the righteousness of Jesus Christ is imputed upon someone when Jesus   ( and or the Holly Spirit) sees faith in the heart of someone who has just believed. For with the heart someone believes unto righteousness. This is the same for anyone regardless of their background and or phycical or mental well been.( mentally chalenge people and deaf and mute individuals or sick and weak).

Someone is righteous in Jesus, when Jesus says that you are righteous in my name, not when a person becomes consious and when he is trying to convince ones self in a variety of ways that he has the righteousness of Jesus Christ by faith. This is an attempt to depart from self inflicted sorrow. 

We see that the righteousness of Jesus is imputed upon someone before any verbal   or other method of conffesion ( which are quite few).

And also the righteousness of Jesus is imputed before repentance of any kind of works or defects of character. 

For any one who has denied in the past faith in Jesus as the Christ, the repentance of faith for him, or her, (also could be a child), comes before an individual believes that Jesus has died for his sins, and the sins of the whole world or before at some point, and it is in the heart of the person, whether it is express with a type of conffesion or not. 

At the same time of belief an individual together with the gift of righteousness, also recieves the deposit of the spirit, and the Gift of eternal life, and a place in heaven to be with Jesus Christ if he keeps believing in him  till he departs from this world. 

Your faith that Jesus died for your sins, for the seal of the Holly Spirit that you belong to GOD or to Heavens.

Repentance  of works and or defects of caracter brings salvation from those afflictions,  

and we may continiou to grow in pursuing  an active fellowship with him through the Holy Spirit while we lived.

The term 'imputed' is borrowed from Paul's letters. A doctrine that is questionable. Those who endure to the end will be saved. Self-consoling concepts are dangerous.

• Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  7,859
  • Content Per Day:  2.41
  • Days Won:  3

The term 'imputed' is borrowed from Paul's letters. A doctrine that is questionable. Those who endure to the end will be saved. Self-consoling concepts are dangerous.

I don't know of any other way to have the righteousness of Jesus and some one must have his righteousness to identified with him and be in right standing with the Father.

Can that be achieved in any other way?

We need the blood of the new covenant, is it not our sins cover with the blood of Jesus, by faith alone, when we believe? And if continiun to believe till the end of our life. And inspite if many trials to not let go of your faith. 

(do you know the testing, as a Jew and or Moslem that believes, some times cut off from all his family, and some times even today in our time is death).

Philip, after explaining what happen to Jesus in Jerusalem and his resuraction, the Ethiopian said;"I believe that Jesus is the Son of God" and Philip baptize him. 

Did Philip baptize someone without having the righteousness of Jesus Christ? 

Did not the Ethiopian identifies with Jesus when he believed?

Does not the scripture says, that the one with faith in Jesus is not afraid of death, his is under the banner (blood) of Jesus Christ. He does not definitely belongs to the Antichrist and his is not the child of the Devil.

Tell how you see the whole picture, you have something good to say, then say it. I am not going to bite you. Your Brother

I don't know of any other way to have the righteousness of Jesus and some one must have his righteousness to identified with him and be in right standing with the Father.

Can that be achieved in any other way?

We need the blood of the new covenant, is it not our sins cover with the blood of Jesus, by faith alone, when we believe? And if continiun to believe till the end of our life. And inspite if many trials to not let go of your faith. 

(do you know the testing, as a Jew and or Moslem that believes, some times cut off from all his family, and some times even today in our time is death).

Philip, after explaining what happen to Jesus in Jerusalem and his resuraction, the Ethiopian said;"I believe that Jesus is the Son of God" and Philip baptize him. 

Did Philip baptize someone without having the righteousness of Jesus Christ? 

Did not the Ethiopian identifies with Jesus when he believed?

Does not the scripture says, that the one with faith in Jesus is not afraid of death, his is under the banner (blood) of Jesus Christ. He does not definitely belongs to the Antichrist and his is not the child of the Devil.

Tell how you see the whole picture, you have something good to say, then say it. I am not going to bite you. Your Brother

Jesus is the way, the life and the truth. So, it is not one dimensional of mere belief. You need  to believe Him, walk in His steps, suffer, sacrifice, share and serve. At the end God will say well done my  son. It is a life long run to reach the goal set for you whether you like it  or not!