IGNORED

Do I report a fraud

Guest moralcompass

When looking at the commandments ...are all equal? Or are we told that if you break one you have broken all of them. If you know of fraud....especially by those who call themselves "Christian" does it take the tint of sin off them? Or does it set them to a higher standard because of whose name they bear? If you know and say nothing you are no less guilty than they are morally and spiritually...it damages your witness of "Christian"

I hope you and Logan are prepared to start reporting all the crimes taking place on the highway.  I suggest you get a pen and paper and have it with you when you go out, and report everyone that drives above the speed limit, and doesn't wear a seat belt where required.  I also hope you report yourselves when you happen to break such a law, and your friends and family.  After all, you can't show favoritism.  If I know someone else committed a crime, and I say nothing, I am not just as guilty as they are in the sight of God.  I challenge you to prove in scripture that is the case.  There are only a couple of instances I know of in the law of Moses where a person was required to turn someone in for something they witnessed.  Even God doesn't require it for all offenses, but only the most serious. 

The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.  Proverbs 18:8, Proverbs 26:22

A talebearer revealeth secrets, but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.  Proverbs 11:13

He that  goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets, therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.  Proverbs 20:19

Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out; so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.  Proverbs 26:20

Before I read what the Bible says about being a talebearer, I might have agreed we should turn everyone in that does something wrong, but God showed me through his Word a long time ago it is not a wise thing to do in most instances, so I won't do it, and my advise to others is not to do it. 

By the way, I gave scripture to explain why I don't believe in reporting people like the one in the OP.  To those who disagree with me, where is yours? 

If I took those same verses and applied them to murder,  would you agree I had biblical support not to report a murder? 

I don't believe you are required by God to report it.  I am just saying I would. 

Having been reminded of that;

I have not kept all of God's law or man's law. I have sinned, and I have broken laws ( speeding, and I think I sang out of key once in NC ). I didn't turn myself in. 

You didn't report specifics, so you should be ok, but there are people that have gotten in trouble for admitting to committing a crime on-line.  Nobody that I know of is completely innocent of all wrong doing.  Do you remember that episode of "Andy Griffith" where Barney arrested the whole town for violations of the law?  Most of those people were guilty, but people with common sense let many of the infractions go. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,379
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  2

Having been reminded of that;

I have not kept all of God's law or man's law. I have sinned, and I have broken laws ( speeding, and I think I sang out of key once in NC ). I didn't turn myself in. 

You didn't report specifics, so you should be ok, but there are people that have gotten in trouble for admitting to committing a crime on-line.  Nobody that I know of is completely innocent of all wrong doing.  Do you remember that episode of "Andy Griffith" where Barney arrested the whole town for violations of the law?  Most of those people were guilty, but people with common sense let many of the infractions go. 

Yes, I remember that one, LOL. If I am given a ticket for it, I'll pay the price. 

Even Aunt Bee was locked up!

Yet Barney sang out of key in NC in more than one episode, and was never arrested for it!

however,   we who are abiding in Christ Jesus are working daily with Him , in Him, by Yahweh's will and ability and power that He grants us, 

to become obedient to Him in all things - even EVERY thought and deed and dream and imagination and action - 

remember - "EVERYTHING" being brought subject to JESUS..... joyfully and willingly.... 

and as it is written someplace in Scripture - becoming ready to deal with every disobedience once our obedience has become complete. 

Amen Jeff, work WITH Him.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

When looking at the commandments ...are all equal? Or are we told that if you break one you have broken all of them. If you know of fraud....especially by those who call themselves "Christian" does it take the tint of sin off them? Or does it set them to a higher standard because of whose name they bear? If you know and say nothing you are no less guilty than they are morally and spiritually...it damages your witness of "Christian"

I hope you and Logan are prepared to start reporting all the crimes taking place on the highway.  I suggest you get a pen and paper and have it with you when you go out, and report everyone that drives above the speed limit, and doesn't wear a seat belt where required.  I also hope you report yourselves when you happen to break such a law, and your friends and family.  After all, you can't show favoritism.  If I know someone else committed a crime, and I say nothing, I am not just as guilty as they are in the sight of God.  I challenge you to prove in scripture that is the case.  There are only a couple of instances I know of in the law of Moses where a person was required to turn someone in for something they witnessed.  Even God doesn't require it for all offenses, but only the most serious. 

The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.  Proverbs 18:8, Proverbs 26:22

A talebearer revealeth secrets, but he that is of a faithful spirit concealeth the matter.  Proverbs 11:13

He that  goeth about as a talebearer revealeth secrets, therefore meddle not with him that flattereth with his lips.  Proverbs 20:19

Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out; so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.  Proverbs 26:20

Before I read what the Bible says about being a talebearer, I might have agreed we should turn everyone in that does something wrong, but God showed me through his Word a long time ago it is not a wise thing to do in most instances, so I won't do it, and my advise to others is not to do it. 

By the way, I gave scripture to explain why I don't believe in reporting people like the one in the OP.  To those who disagree with me, where is yours? 

If I took those same verses and applied them to murder,  would you agree I had biblical support not to report a murder? 

I don't believe you are required by God to report it.  I am just saying I would. 

do you believe that by not reporting an action,  thus allowing it to continue is condoning the action? 

Okay, I'll stop with the silly stuff. You folks were having a serious discussion. Grace and peace to you all in Jesus' name !

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

For the record,  it is not illegal to sing out of tune in North Carolina. 

do you believe that by not reporting an action,  thus allowing it to continue is condoning the action? 

Absolutely not.