missmuffet

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

Those high caffeinated energy drinks can be dangerous.

http://www.caffeineinformer.com/top-10-energy-drink-dangers

Yeah, I would not touch those things.   I like my morning coffee.  That gets things going.

Those energy drinks have more sugar than Mountain Dew and more caffeine and I see people buying two of them at a time.   If they don't die from an OD on caffeine, they will end up with diabetes.

Did you see how much caffeine was in that peanut butter?What is the difference?Peanut butter has a bunch of sugar in it.

I used to like my morning cup of coffee.It got me going too.

Edited by bopeep1909

Guest shiloh357

Yeah, I would not touch those things.   I like my morning coffee.  That gets things going.

Those energy drinks have more sugar than Mountain Dew and more caffeine and I see people buying two of them at a time.   If they don't die from an OD on caffeine, they will end up with diabetes.

Did you see how much caffeine was in that peanut butter?What is the difference?Peanut butter has a bunch of sugar in it.

I used to like my morning coffee.It got me going too.

Peanut butter is actually recommended for people with diabetes as a source of protein.   I cannot fathom caffeinated peanut butter. 

I used to like my morning coffee.It got me going too.

Peanut butter is actually recommended for people with diabetes as a source of protein.   I cannot fathom caffeinated peanut butter. 

Yes it is especially for type 2 diabetes but they can not consume very much.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

I know the big coffee drinkers here.

Your point?

As far as kids/pets getting into the stuff . . . its the parents responsibility to see that doesn't happen, just like a lot of other things they shouldn't get into. I personally see no use for caffeinated peanut butter and wouldn't buy it, so its not a issue for me.

Coffee on the other hand gets the morning started.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  92
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,164
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/10/1961

Yeah, not only do those energy drinks have way too much sugar and caffeine, but they also taste nasty. I tried one once . . . and tossed it after the first swig. I'd been up all day and had to get through a night shift that night. It was not a good night, but I managed to get through it on just regular coffee. All that other stuff in the energy drinks can't be good for you either, especially when seeing folks at work downing 2 or more on a shift.

I know the big coffee drinkers here.

Your point?

As far as kids/pets getting into the stuff . . . its the parents responsibility to see that doesn't happen, just like a lot of other things they shouldn't get into. I personally see no use for caffeinated peanut butter and wouldn't buy it, so its not a issue for me.

Coffee on the other hand gets the morning started.

Accidents happen to the best of parents.And it can be heartbreaking.

Caffeine can cause heart arrhythmias as well.Just an FYI if your heart rhythm seems to be going all over the place.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

Wow.  Weird that you should mention diabetes and energy drinks.  I had a coworker who drank one every morning and another at lunch EVERY DAY the year and a half I worked with her and she was just diagnosed with diabetes.  She is seriously overweight as well.  I have never even tasted one and I probably won't. 

Wow.  Weird that you should mention diabetes and energy drinks.  I had a coworker who drank one every morning and another at lunch EVERY DAY the year and a half I worked with her and she was just diagnosed with diabetes.  She is seriously overweight as well.  I have never even tasted one and I probably won't. 

The energy drinks did not help but if a person is 300 lbs or over they are at a very high risk of diabetes.

Guest shiloh357

My doctor told me that there are more people walking around with diabetes and don't know they are diabetic.   The American diet is loaded with sugar.