• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

5 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

who is the child?

The child is Jesus. Dragon tried to devour it, caught up to heaven, to rule the nations with a rod of iron... Metaphors do not have to include everybody. The personification of Israel as a woman or Satan as a father or dragon are the metaphors. The child is not. It would be like me saying, " My car is a dragon that flies over the mountains breathing fire." The care is literal where everything else is metaphor.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, Sister said:

The Woman is from above, not the earth, so her teachings are heavenly, not earthly.  God pictures his teachings as a beautiful woman, pure, undefiled, because she is clothed with the sun (truth).  The moon is under her feet, so she is high up in heaven.  Her teachings come from heaven, not the earth.

Interesting. Where is the scripture to support this?

The woman is Israel. Whether or not she is a harlot here is a good point. We know that she started out a young bride and later became a harlot.

• Jeremiah 2:2 "Go and proclaim in the hearing of Jerusalem, Thus says the LORD, I remember the devotion of your youth, your love as a bride, how you followed me in the wilderness, in a land not sown... 20. "For long ago you broke your yoke and burst your bonds; and you said, 'I will not serve.' Yea, upon every high hill and under every green tree you bowed down as a harlot.

It is important to understand the two Israel's within Israel. One spiritual and one fleshly.

• Rom 9:6  But it is not as though the word of God has failed. For not all who are descended from Israel belong to Israel,

God knows His real people on earth. Zion is the deeper prophetic true nation of God chosen in Israel>Jerusalem, but you say," So Israel cannot be Zion. " I don't think is correct and not based on scripture. Jerusalem/Israel was intended to be Zion on earth. The daughters of Zion are all going to be saved and so will Jerusalem which represents God's kingdom on earth. That is why is He is going to purify it for His name's sake. Zion will be established as God's city on earth. It does identify with Israel and Jerusalem as you can see below.

• Psa_51:18  Do good to Zion in your good pleasure; build up the walls of Jerusalem;
  • Psa_69:35  For God will save Zion and build up the cities of Judah, and people shall dwell there and possess it;
  • Psa_74:2  Remember your congregation, which you have purchased of old, which you have redeemed to be the tribe of your heritage! Remember Mount Zion, where you have dwelt.
  • Psa_76:2  His abode has been established in Salem, his dwelling place in Zion.
  • Psa_78:68  but he chose the tribe of Judah, Mount Zion, which he loves.
  • Psa_87:2  the LORD loves the gates of Zion more than all the dwelling places of Jacob.
  • Psa_102:13  You will arise and have pity on Zion; it is the time to favor her; the appointed time has come.
  • Psa_149:2  Let Israel be glad in his Maker; let the children of Zion rejoice in their King!
  • Isa_3:16  The LORD said: Because the daughters of Zion are haughty and walk with outstretched necks, glancing wantonly with their eyes, mincing along as they go, tinkling with their feet,
  • Isa_4:4  when the Lord shall have washed away the filth of the daughters of Zion and cleansed the bloodstains of Jerusalem from its midst by a spirit of judgment and by a spirit of burning.
  • Isa_10:12  When the Lord has finished all his work on Mount Zion and on Jerusalem, he will punish the speech of the arrogant heart of the king of Assyria and the boastful look in his eyes.
  • Isa_10:32  This very day he will halt at Nob; he will shake his fist at the mount of the daughter of Zion, the hill of Jerusalem.
  • Isa_30:19  For a people shall dwell in Zion, in Jerusalem; you shall weep no more. He will surely be gracious to you at the sound of your cry. As soon as he hears it, he answers you.
  • Isa_31:9  His rock shall pass away in terror, and his officers desert the standard in panic," declares the LORD, whose fire is in Zion, and whose furnace is in Jerusalem.
  • Isa_33:20  Behold Zion, the city of our appointed feasts! Your eyes will see Jerusalem, an untroubled habitation, an immovable tent, whose stakes will never be plucked up, nor will any of its cords be broken.
  • Isa_59:20  "And a Redeemer will come to Zion, to those in Jacob who turn from transgression," declares the LORD.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

5 hours ago, unworthydude said:

The child is Jesus. Dragon tried to devour it, caught up to heaven, to rule the nations with a rod of iron... Metaphors do not have to include everybody. The personification of Israel as a woman or Satan as a father or dragon are the metaphors. The child is not. It would be like me saying, " My car is a dragon that flies over the mountains breathing fire." The care is literal where everything else is metaphor.

why is the child not also a metaphor placed among other metaphors?

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

1 hour ago, thereselittleflower said:

why is the child not also a metaphor placed among other metaphors?

Because we are told in many Scriptures that this child Jesus "will rule all nations with a rod of iron" (Rev 12:5).  There is nothing metaphorical about that prophecy since it pertains to the Millennial reign of Christ on earth. The "rod of iron" is Christ's absolute and strict rule over every nation. Normally a sceptre represents the absolute authority of a monarch. The rod of iron represents a severe sovereign.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

4 hours ago, Ezra said:

Because we are told in many Scriptures that this child Jesus "will rule all nations with a rod of iron" (Rev 12:5).  There is nothing metaphorical about that prophecy since it pertains to the Millennial reign of Christ on earth. The "rod of iron" is Christ's absolute and strict rule over every nation. Normally a sceptre represents the absolute authority of a monarch. The rod of iron represents a severe sovereign.

I think you missed the point of my question.