whatsitmean

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Interesting stuff about this guy, Rick Warren. I'm sesnsing he is a "feel good" and "warm and fuzzy" type of person. (I'm sorry..I'm not much of a long reader.)Would someone break this down a little for me? Is this guy just interested in numbers instead of preaching the Gospel? Nothing wrong with feeling good about church, but there has to be accountability and the Word preached uncomprised, correct?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

I can honestly say that, unless you've experienced it and seen it first-hand, there is NO WAY to even describe it...........can anybody say "Twilight Zone, or Invasion of the Body Snatchers?" It's that wild.

In His Love,

Suzanne

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

It is one thing to be a "Resister" of God/Holy Spirit/Yeshua

Its quite another to be a "Resister" to anything that a man proposes and that includes Rick Warren and all the mega-marketing, seeker sensitve, compromising, pragmatic, ear-tickeling other gospel of Jesus that is showing up in assemblies today.

If any of you have read "ChurchQuake" you know what i mean. I believe this was the start of all of this mess. It too speaks of pastors needing to know that each member is paying their 10% tithe, and if not, the book suggest that the pastors take them off personally and practically demand it or ask them to leave. Get the book and read it. Its all about mega-marketing the churches. And Rick Warrens name comes up in this book more than I care to mention here.

Do any of you find it strange that the Pentegon has ordered over 40,000 copies for their chaplains? This throw up red flags with me.

This "resister" business sounds like something out of star wars. Makes me think of the storm troopers in that movie.

Theres another gospel being preached and many sheep being led to the slaughter.

Its also a pretty sad day when you take your bible with you to church and while your going thru the purpose driven study and start questioning the authors interpetation verses what scriptures teaches and then the leaders ask you not to bring a bible the next week to the study because it takes to much time well EXCUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSEEEEEEE ME?

I guess You can all call me Ms. Resister. So be it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Ahhh...some things coming into focus real clear now..things that puzzled me when I was in the Assembly Of God Church. Thanks for that little extra insight I needed.

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

You need to write the Pastor immediately and tell him this simply is not the Scriptural approach. To speak with you PERSONALLY first is. Then with '2 or 3 others', then before the church body.

Inform the Pastor you have contacted the District Superintendent about this matter, and requested a meeting between yourself, the Pastor, and the District Superintendent. I think the Superintendent's tack will give you a better idea of what your next step ought to be......

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76

sorry for what you are experiencing now whatsitmean...and for your wife too.

I agree with tsth...get out. If your wife wants to attend a meeting then do it..but remember there is going to be hurtful and spiteful things said. I know, from first hand experience. I also questioned a certain church and their teachings at one time...by the way people treated me like I was contagious :emot-questioned: People who invited me to their homes numerous times for special events wouldn't even look at me...I got complete silence. I finally figured enough was enough I had doubted myself too long...and tried too hard to find some sort of truth in what they were teaching but to no avail. I walked and never looked back...but not before letting people know exactely what I found wrong with the churches teaching....needless to say it was not pretty...sometimes telling the truth hurts...it hurts real bad...but boy will Jesus smile down on you when you do...and those hurt feelings, He will hold you whenever you need Him too.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest NewPilgrim

When I see the letters A O and G in the same acronym, I tend to walk in the opposite direction as far as I can see they leave a lot to be desired in terms of solid scriptural foundation and preaching of good doctrine. My advice - Leave, even if they dont ask you to. Leave now and find a church that knows what giving your life to Christ actually means.

Guest mousiegurl69

Hey there:

We to had an experience like this. The Church was smaller in size to what you described but there were similar things that happened. We were forced to leave. This Pastor embarrased us infront of a group of kids and their families when he confronted us on a special night out. It was the same idea. He claimed he was afriad of my husband who wouldn't hurt a fly, at some point after that. The whole thing was just crazy. Taking it to the church wasn't possible because the ones who didn't agree with him left and the rest followed blindly. It wasn't long after this Pastor had taken over the church that they lost the property and ended up having to meet at a school or community centre. I don't know what came of them but the only way for us to protect ourselves from the attacks {as we saw them} was to cut our losses and leave.

We've done well for it. I don't know what to advise you to do. You're situation might require you to take a stand but from the sounds of things I'd tell you to move on. You don't need this kind of headache, and I'm sure there are other churches; congregations that would welcome you both with open arms.

I wish you God speed on this, I know how much it hurts and the betrayals you feel with all this. Let us know what you guys decide to do. Be careful if you do decide to confront this, as it could blow way out of proprtion, It just sounds to me like a pressurecooker about ready to explode. I wouldn't attend this meeting unless I knew the reasons, for any reason.

Gods blessing on you both: Mousiegurl :lightbulb2:

• Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

While I don't agree with what the pastor has done at all, be careful how you handle it. Be sure you approach the situation with a heart set on restoration, not just set out to "expose" someone or vindicate yourself. I'm not saying your'e doing that...but read what the bible says about conflict and how to resolve it (between believers). Try to handle it with discretion and great sensitivity to the Spirit. My brother has counseled numerous pastors/members that have had conflicts. These types of things can either lead to deeper relationships, or a great divide.

Matthew 18:15-17

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,013
  • Content Per Day:  0.14