• Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,402
  • Content Per Day:  0.99
  • Days Won:  28
  • Birthday:  04/26/1971

On 1/10/2016 at 1:01 PM, purplestars said:

What do you do if friends don't forgive you? How do you know if God forgives you? Why are people so shallow in this day and age? Why do I feel like friendships are no longer binding and people are so selfish? What if you come to someone and try and reach out (they also hurt you) and they ignore you completely? Are people only able to see their side of things? Does friendship matter to anyone anymore? I'm struggling. 

I had to begin with me.  A moral inventory of self that is rooted in biblical morality. But to see myself I had to look at others.  Here are tge steps I took to become free from others. 

If I were angry or resentful at another I wrote their name down.

Next to their name I wrote a list of what they had done.

Next to what they had done I wrote how what they had done affected my self-esteem, pride, finances, personal relations (including sex), ambitions and security. 

After I could clearly see how the person had wronged me, I recalled Jesus to mind and his sufferings.  They beat him, spit on him, dressed him up and mocked him as well as scourged and crucified him.  Then I remembered his words "father forgive them for they know not what they do".  I called to mind also that our adversary the devil goes about like a roaring lion seeking who he may devour.  How they never see him coming but are manipulated through lies and deceit to do his bidding.  Therefore I say to myself thisbis a sick person and I ask God to save me from being angry.  To show me how I may be of help to them under these conditions.  I avoid retalliation or argument for I don't argue with aick people.  I ask God to forgive them and acknowledge that they do not know what they are doing.

Next I start another list beside the last.  I write down my part in it.  We are supposed to be living a life dead to self and alive unto God presenting our bodies as a living sacrifice.  Where had I been selfish? Dishonest? Self seeking? I wrote down the exact nature of my own wrong.

Afterward I call upon another Christian to confess my err too and ask that they pray for me that I might be healed for I too have been sickened by the enemy and led into sin.

Upon completion of that task I sit quietly alone with God.  After I am sure that I want the problem removed from me, I ask God to remove it.  I declare that I do not desire it any longer.

To finish my task I turn back to my list and ask myself who all was harmed by what I had done.  Then I consider what needs to be done to right my wrongs followed by going out and mending my relationships with others.

During certain key points in this process certain things happen.  I begin not only to forgive but also see that I am forgiven.  I feel like my problems are solved though they once seemed tramendous.  I feel closer to God and others. The world no longer is a scary hateful place to live in but rather more like a hospital full of the spiritually walking wounded who need my help.  I become free.  I become empowered.  I increase in faith, hope and love!

You may try it if you like.  If you need help understanding any part of it just ask.  Peace.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

On 10/01/2016 at 11:01 AM, purplestars said:

What do you do if friends don't forgive you?

If you have asked for forgiveness and not been forgiven by an individual, you just move on.

How do you know if God forgives you?

Because Christ died for your sins, so that you might be forgiven. God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

Why are people so shallow in this day and age?

We are in the last days before the coming of Christ, and it was already prophesied that people would be lovers of themselves.

Why do I feel like friendships are no longer binding and people are so selfish?

You may only find a handful of true friends in this life. So don't expect too much.

What if you come to someone and try and reach out (they also hurt you) and they ignore you completely?

Just move on.  Don't let others determine your attitude or control your life.

Are people only able to see their side of things? Does friendship matter to anyone anymore? I'm struggling.

If you don't dwell on this but rather simply try and be a good friend to someone else, or just help others without worrying about friendship, that will keep you in a more positive frame of mind.

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

If you have asked for forgiveness and not been forgiven by an individual, you just move on.

Because Christ died for your sins, so that you might be forgiven. God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.

We are in the last days before the coming of Christ, and it was already prophesied that people would be lovers of themselves.

You may only find a handful of true friends in this life. So don't expect too much.

Just move on.  Don't let others determine your attitude or control your life.

If you don't dwell on this but rather simply try and be a good friend to someone else, or just help others without worrying about friendship, that will keep you in a more positive frame of mind.

Some wise advice. :)