IGNORED

fulfilled feasts

8 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

As a Jewish person, if I said I was keeping the law, I would rightfully be accused of lying. Words have meaning, and among Jewish people, the term 'keeping' the law has a specific meaning. All your argument means to me is you want me to lie. If there are any Jewish people who are reading this forum, they would call me a liar if I said I was keeping the law.

Yes, I agree words have meaning. That is what my post was about. I merely asked concerning a more scriptural description of keeping Rabbinic traditions is all.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

2 minutes ago, Joline said:

Yes, I agree words have meaning. That is what my post was about. I merely asked concerning a more scriptural description of keeping Rabbinic traditions is all.

I already covered that. I explained the law from scripture and what I did not follow.

I have explained this every way I can, so at this point, my only conclusion is that you want me to lie.

1 minute ago, Qnts2 said:

I already covered that. I explained the law from scripture and what I did not follow.

I have explained this every way I can, so at this point, my only conclusion is that you want me to lie.

I have also explained the best I can. No, not asking you to lie, just more biblicaly accurate with your terminology.

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

On 2/7/2016 at 7:54 PM, Shar said:

Not really.  If one has an understanding of all of God's Festivals, which he states are everlasting, you can see their fulfillment.  Christ has two comings.  In His first coming, The Passover, Feast of Unleavened Bread, First Fruits were fulfilled, and Shavuot at Pentecost.   In His second coming, and most specific to His return, His promise to Israel and His Davidic reign, the Feast of Trumpets, Yom Kippur and Succoth will be fully realized.  I would deeply encourage you to read about these Feasts and a very good book to start with is, "The Feasts of the Lord" by Kevin Howard and Marvin Rosenthal.  This gives a very clear understanding of them in Old and New Testaments, their purpose, their meaning and their times of fulfillment.  There is no conjecture, but a full understanding to God's Feasts.  God calls them His appointed times and they carry great significance to the times He has designated for His eternal plan and purposes.

Shar how can Yom Kippur be fulfilled without an atoning sacrifice?    Christ is already the atoning sacrifice.  This has already happened.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

I specified Messianic Jews, as I am aware that other people who call themselves Messianic do claim to keep the Mosaic law. I have disagreed with many as even the way they claim to keep the food laws are often seriously flawed as they do not deal with the blood which is in supermarket meat. Supermarket meat has not had the blood entirely removed and is too old to remove the remaining blood. If I kept the food laws as I used to prior to believing on Jesus, I would not eat in their homes.

For those who claim to keep the dietary laws, but do not really keep them, I am at a quandry as to whether I would eat in their homes. Since I know they are not keeping the dietary laws, do I eat with them and accept the false statement, or do I ignore their false statement and go ahead and eat. I have not been invited over to eat, and if that ever happens, I'm not sure what I would do.  

I agree that the supermarket place does not kill the meat in a truly Kosher manner and whenever I have bought Kosher meats it has been at a Kosher butcher for over twice the price.  Very good reason why I am mostly vegetation with an emphasis on eating fish or veggie substitutions for meats.

However, I do have some Jewish friends that have bought meat from a regular market and soak the meat in salt to remove all the blood.  Is this an acceptable consideration if you want to make sure all the blood is removed?

3 hours ago, thereselittleflower said:

Shar how can Yom Kippur be fulfilled without an atoning sacrifice?    Christ is already the atoning sacrifice.  This has already happened.

True, Jesus is the only atoning sacrifice.  When He returns, they recognize Him as the Messiah and believe on Him.  In that one day, they are saved.  Yom Kippur is also a time for afflicting your soul, confessing and repenting from one's sin.

This day will be the time of Israel's repentance.  When Jesus comes to establish His throne, Israel will look on Him whom they have pierced and MOURN for Him as one mourns for their only child.  Ze. 12-13.  The nation of Israel's sin will be dealt with in that one day.  He will cleanse the people and the nation from all their sins and impurities.  God promises will remember their sins no more.  On that day, God will pour out a spirit of grace and supplication upon His people.  God pours His atoning sacrifice on them.

They will know and have the true salvation, as we know and have,  through their Messiah.  Theirs is coming in one day.

33 minutes ago, Shar said:

I agree that the supermarket place does not kill the meat in a truly Kosher manner and whenever I have bought Kosher meats it has been at a Kosher butcher for over twice the price.  Very good reason why I am mostly vegetation with an emphasis on eating fish or veggie substitutions for meats.

However, I do have some Jewish friends that have bought meat from a regular market and soak the meat in salt to remove all the blood.  Is this an acceptable consideration if you want to make sure all the blood is removed?

The meat from a regular market has not been drained of all of the blood. After slaughter, some of the blood will leave the vessels and veins and go into the meat. After 3 days, the blood is fixed in the meat and can not be removed by salting. Regular grocery store meat is usually over 3 days after slaughter, plus with the excess blood in the meat. So with regular grocery store meat, most of the time, salting does not work to remove the blood. For hamburger, at a regular grocery store, the ground meat with the blood in it is frozen to make it easier to grind. The blood adds to the weight and is more profitable for them.

There was a time when the meat at Kosher butchers was very fresh, less the 72 hours from slaughter and the salting process was done at home. Today, most Kosher butchers salt the meat themselves.

10 hours ago, Joline said:

I have also explained the best I can. No, not asking you to lie, just more biblicaly accurate with your terminology.

Since I gave both the definition from Judaism and the examples from scripture for a scriptural view, I am biblically accurate in my terminology. I gave both examples for your benefit which you have ignored and instead demanded that I lie. Both to the Jewish people and biblically. I have explained this repeatedly. Lying is a sin. For me to say I keep the Sabbath law, I would be lying/sinning.

52 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

The meat from a regular market has not been drained of all of the blood. After slaughter, some of the blood will leave the vessels and veins and go into the meat. After 3 days, the blood is fixed in the meat and can not be removed by salting. Regular grocery store meat is usually over 3 days after slaughter, plus with the excess blood in the meat. So with regular grocery store meat, most of the time, salting does not work to remove the blood. For hamburger, at a regular grocery store, the ground meat with the blood in it is frozen to make it easier to grind. The blood adds to the weight and is more profitable for them.

There was a time when the meat at Kosher butchers was very fresh, less the 72 hours from slaughter and the salting process was done at home. Today, most Kosher butchers salt the meat themselves.

Thanks Q.  Sticking to my vegetarian and fish diet.  LOL

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  317
  • Days Won:  0

Seems to me the fall feasts have been fulfilled by Christ? Agree/Disagree?

Feast of Trumpets (Lev 23:24, Num 29:1-6)

1. Israel’s 5th holy day

1. a day of sounding trumpets in the temple and throughout the land of Israel

2. only holiday in which the moon is dark (new moon) (The Feasts of the LORD, page 105; Kevin Howard, Marvin Rosenthal )

2. FULFILLMENT

1. Christ’s birth

1. “Trumpeted” by Angels to Shepherds (Luke 2:8-14)

2. Introduced as the Christ (Messiah)  (Luke 2:11)

3. “Trumpeted” by the shepherds abroad (Luke 2:17-20)

4. “King of the Jews” wise men from the East (Matt 2:2)

5. He has his own star (Matt 2:2)

6. Emmanuel (God with us)

1. Prophecy: Isa 7:14

2. Fulfillment: Matt 1:23

Day of Atonement

1. Israel’s 6th holy day

1. 10th day of the 7th month

2. [Lev 23:29 KJV] [29] For whatsoever soul it be that shall not be afflicted in that same day, he shall be cut off from among his people.

2. Christ’s Fulfillment

1. “And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of Heaven is at hand” (Mat 3:2)

2. “Behold, The lamb of God which taketh away the sin of the world” (John 1:29, 36)

3. “From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Mat 4:17)

4. “...prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight” (Mat 3:3, Mark 1:3, Luk 3:4, John 1:23)

Feast of Tabernacles

1. [Lev 23:40 KJV] And ye shall take you on the first day the boughs of goodly trees, branches of palm trees, and the boughs of thick trees, and willows of the brook; and ye shall rejoice before the LORD your God seven days.

2. Christ’s fulfillment

1. Blessed be the LORD God of Israel for he hath visited and redeemed his people (Luke 1:68)

2. Kingdom of God is come unto you (Matt 12:28)

3. The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand (Mark 1:15)

4. “thou are the son of God” (Mark 3:11)

5. “...and say unto them The kingdom of God is come nigh unto you” (Luke 10:9)

6. “...no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you” (Luke 11:20)

7. “...for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.” (Luke 17:21)

8. “.and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us” (Matt 1:23)

9. "Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord." (John 12:13)