• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

2 minutes ago, thereselittleflower said:

I agree, and he entered into his Ministry at the bidding of his mother.

Yet there is no real proof he was a pharisee.

I am loving this, but I have to go for the night.  I will pick up tomorrow.  God bless and good night

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

Just now, Shar said:

I don't feel ganged up on.  I love the discussion.  It is, just look at what He practiced and believed and you can conclude that He was of that sect because He even stated to "learn the traditions of the Pharisees".   You know the old saying "you know them by their fruits", well that is in connection to what they say and do.  Jesus said and practiced what was unique to the beliefs and practices of the Pharisees.

Where does he state "to learn the tradition of the pharisees'?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Content Count:  2,366
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  9

1 hour ago, Joline said:

His sacrifice is eternal? Every Generation of men and nations has had the chance to accept it until the resurrection from the dead. I do not know why people think he will die again? There is no need. His atonement is available anytime until the end of time.

The apostles to the Jews knew they had been given their last chance to repent. For John's baptism was concerning repentance and the Escape of the coming wrath.

yes it is eternal. He is just where he stopped in Isaiah 61,  He will finish when he return.. yes, He has completed part of Yom Kippur, But, it is plural He still will fullfill the feast on His return.

39 minutes ago, Shar said:

Joline, that is the point.  The use of the word Pharisee does not mean the entire sects of Pharisees were wrong or even bad.  Some Pharisees were, but that does not negate their beliefs because a few went haywire on John or others.

The kangaroo court that convicted Jesus at night was primarily Sadducee, not Pharisee.  I cannot see Nicodemus or Joseph of Arimathea letting that happen.  The Pharisees would have demanded a defense lawyer for Jesus.  This group denied Him that, along with other rights that the Pharisees would have absolutely required.

Shar?? It was not primarily Sadducee. the priesthood was mainly made up of Sadducees. The highpriest was still the head of the Sanhedrin. In order for the Sanhedrin to reach a verdict ALL PARTIES on the court had to agree. There was no SECTARIAN decisions coming from the seat of Moses.

Ac 24:14  But this I confess unto thee, that after the way which they call heresy, so worship I the God of my fathers, believing all things which are written in the law and in the prophets:

Ac 5:17  Then the high priest rose up, and all they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadducees,) and were filled with indignation,
Ac 15:5  But there rose up certain of the sect of the Pharisees which believed, saying, That it was needful to circumcise them, and to command them to keep the law of Moses.
Ac 24:5  For we have found this man a pestilent fellow, and a mover of sedition among all the Jews throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes:
Ac 26:5  Which knew me from the beginning, if they would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.

The scripture makes no such distinctions.

As well as the Apostles were considered a distinct SECT

Ac 28:22  But we desire to hear of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that every where it is spoken against.

Do not mistake the new Sanhedrin given authority by Rome, as an example of what occurred in Christ's time.

The Pharisees were given authority over Jews by Rome after the temple was destroyed. That's when tradition became law

Edited by Joline

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.68
  • Days Won:  37

18 minutes ago, Reinitin said:

yes it is eternal. He is just where he stopped in Isaiah 61,  He will finish when he return.. yes, He has completed part of Yom Kippur, But, it is plural He still will fullfill the feast on His return.

I don't see that at all.

1 hour ago, Shar said:

I don't feel ganged up on.  I love the discussion.  It is, just look at what He practiced and believed and you can conclude that He was of that sect because He even stated to "learn the traditions of the Pharisees".   You know the old saying "you know them by their fruits", well that is in connection to what they say and do.  Jesus said and practiced what was unique to the beliefs and practices of the Pharisees.

He did not tell them to learn the traditions of the Pharisees that I can see. Where is that?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

3 hours ago, Joline said:

They were still a SECT distinct from the Apostles.

They had crept in unawares, and attended feasts of charity with the Church.

Jude 1:3 4  For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord

1:12  These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;

16  These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men’s persons in admiration because of advantage.
17  But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ;
18  How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts.
19  These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit.

Those at the council were made manifest, at the council.
1 Jo 2:19  They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would no doubt have continued with us: but they went out, that they might be made manifest that they were not all of us.

Interesting that the Pharisees are called those who believed which means believers in Jesus, but you attribute to them being unbelievers who do many sins, even though the verses you listed never say they were the Pharisees who were called believers.  You are contradicting scripture, and make me think that you are more prejudiced since you attribute things to a group of Jewish believers that scripture does not attribute to them.

1 hour ago, thereselittleflower said:

I don't see that at all.

2 hours ago, Reinitin said:

He already finished the law?

13 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Interesting that the Pharisees are called those who believed which means believers in Jesus, but you attribute to them being unbelievers who do many sins, even though the verses you listed never say they were the Pharisees who were called believers.  You are contradicting scripture, and make me think that you are more prejudiced since you attribute things to a group of Jewish believers that scripture does not attribute to them.

I gave you the scripture which spoke of those who came in privily. They were exposed at the council.

Why call me prejudice because I disagree strongly with a sect of Judaism? The Apostles were Jews too. There have been others here which have accused the Sadducees of being responsible for Christs death. The Sadducees were also Hebrews. I quess it all depends upon which sect someone speaks about is all.

2 minutes ago, Joline said:

I gave you the scripture which spoke of those who came in privily. They were exposed at the council.

Why call me prejudice because I disagree strongly with you concerning a sect of Judaism? The Apostles were Jews too.  They were all considered a sect by the other sects of Judaism. There have been others here which have accused the Sadducees of being responsible for Christs death. The Sadducees were also Hebrews. I quess it all depends upon which sect someone speaks about is all.

oh here is more

1 Cor 11:18  For first of all, when ye come together in the church, I hear that there be divisions among you; and I partly believe it.
19  For there must be also heresies (sects) among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Edited by Joline