• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

16 hours ago, Cletus said:

Pray for them and pray God would help you love them.  I have to do that.  I have a very short tolerance for, uhm whats a family friendly word for it, I guess when the bigger picture is ignored.  It causes me to, as you kinda said tune it out.  And thats when i loose the opportune time to allow my light to shine. 

And for what its worth i agreed/enjoyed your rant on rants.  i feel you.  sometimes its frustrating.  A lot of times i just tell myself they havent grown in that area yet and ask God to help them.  Im sure I probably got a couple rants you would try and tune out too.  ;)

Nice. Well said. I can't top that...you said it so succinctly and in very few words. Sweeeeet. 

4 hours ago, Your closest friendnt said:

Not every one is as strong as you are, perhaps the Lord have seen how strong you are and he has given you a ministry amongs those people who are passionate with things of this kind and at the same time they have faith in Jesus Christ, 

This is a beatiful picture, Jesus looking at you having fellowship with those, others avoid, and while playing a game with them, you may build their confidence, that yes Jesus accepts their faith and he is happy that they believe, and he wants them to keep their faith, in any situation they are.  

Somebody's gotta love 'em and show them how much He cares about them - you being a conduit for His love flowing out to them.

3 hours ago, Ezra said:

There must always be a proper balance between grace and truth, and Christians should be hearing either from the pulpit or from other believers what they should not be doing.

Excellent. I know what worked for me, brother. It was Lord Jesus showing me how much he loved me and he knew I was in the thick of "battle" and that he was there to catch me if I did fall. He has done so in my life...but having that delicate balance can be challenging at times. I say this because I remember a dialogue that the Lord spoke when he addressed Satan's accusations toward one his own (Old Testament) and the Lord said, "Is this not a brand taken out of the fire" I don't know where the verse is but I remember a theologian (RC Sproul) saying that God was addressing how a brand in the fire gets covered in black soot and is filthy and covered by the soot.

When someone is in the thick of battle it can get nasty. They're covered in blood, sweat and filth while in the trenches. I never forgot that sermon. It hit me strongly and stayed with me. Those in the thick of battle working in the trenches can get wounded, battle worn and weary and affected by the trauma of suffering all around them. That's what I'm going through right now. I'm carrying bodies over my shoulder and ptaching up the wounded like a medic in the trenches in WWII....but most believers can't comprehend how ugly this war really is. I respect your position and it gives me that balance. Thank you for your post.

Jesus in surgery (2).jpg