• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.24
  • Days Won:  0

On 3/27/2016 at 1:38 AM, Catsmeow said:

Take what you will and disregard the rest. I don't worry if someone's over-zealous for the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ. Good for them. Let 'em get all revved up. He's coming back and probably sooner than some who waste the air and only focus on themselves. I take the meat of the sermon. He isn't a prophet.

If you recall Jonah was miffed at God because God didn't visit judgement on the Ninevites. As you saw in sacred writ - the Ninevites eventually heard Jonah's warning of impending doom and repented. That didn't go over well with Jonah. He wanted them to be judged. 

Today, people are no different. I hear believers say all the time, "Judgement time is coming and you'll get what's coming." It's almost like they're thinking, "Well, as long as I'm saved. I gotta look out for number one!" It's as if everyone else is just road kill - collateral damage while they feed themselves on spiritual delicacies instead of reaching out to those in darkness. 

Believer,  throw stones if that's what feels good to you but remember - by the measure you use, it will be measured against you.(*)"Take care what you listen to. By your standard of measure it will be measured to you; and more will be given you besides. Mark 4:24b

Catsmeow, For the better part, the message as a whole was great, I looked up and read the O/T chapters he presented, and I can identify with seeing much of the same in my Christian walk. Including seeing Saints who walked with God for years, only later to see the same fall away from the faith.

Along with listening to any teaching, I find reading and pondering the same in light of God's Word can often times bring out something deeper.
That's why I put up the transcript.

False prophesy is never good, in the Old Testament, a false Prophet was stoned. Today, however, they can repent.
And should they do so, apologies to the ones they spoke to asking for their forgiveness would be in order. I disagree, David Wilkerson did speak as a Prophet a number of times over the years in a number of his sermons, writings and books that I have both read and heard in the past. He did consider himself a Prophet/Pastor.

Not sure why you brought Jonah into your few words, other than perhaps his wanting to see those in Nineveh as "road kill." Nineveh was an exceedingly very sinful city. Jonah never spoke anything of false prophesy, although he was the only Prophet I know of in the Bible who did not want to see any repent.
God looked to reason with him bringing in the pity he had on the gourd that came and went, and the 120,000 children who did not know right from wrong in that city.
Despite Jonah, thank God those in Nineveh repented none the less.
I would like to see much of this generation repent and believe in the Gospel as well!

Sorry to hear you know so many self centered false prophets letting others know "Judgement time is coming" without the care for the lost at all in their unrighteous self centeredness.
I've met a few false prophets in that corner, calling on their repentance of this heinous sin. Truly in heaven, we will find no hypocrites. Mat 23:33

Not throwing any stones here, however your words from this side of the keyboard do appear to be doing just that.

* Indeed, take care of how we hear, and how we use the "seed" of God's "Word." Let us hope it is sown in "good ground" and prayerfully share that good Word with others.
Not by the wayside, stony ground, or thorns. 
Look to love God first and neighbor second, rightly divide and use His Word as we reach out to the lost, and look to see our brothers and sisters in Christ grow in the same.
In that place of humility, God will give us more in depth understanding of His Word.

*Mar 4:14-32
(14)  The sower soweth the word.
(15)  And these are they by the way side, where the word is sown; but when they have heard, Satan cometh immediately, and taketh away the word that was sown in their hearts.
(16)  And these are they likewise which are sown on stony ground; who, when they have heard the word, immediately receive it with gladness;
(17)  And have no root in themselves, and so endure but for a time: afterward, when affliction or persecution ariseth for the word's sake, immediately they are offended.
(18)  And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word,
(19)  And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.
(20)  And these are they which are sown on good ground; such as hear the word, and receive it, and bring forth fruit, some thirtyfold, some sixty, and some an hundred.
(21)  And he said unto them, Is a candle brought to be put under a bushel, or under a bed? and not to be set on a candlestick?
(22)  For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad.
(23)  If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
*(24)  And he said unto them, Take heed what ye hear: with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you: and unto you that hear shall more be given.
(25)  For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.
(26)  And he said, So is the kingdom of God, as if a man should cast seed into the ground;
(27)  And should sleep, and rise night and day, and the seed should spring and grow up, he knoweth not how.
(28)  For the earth bringeth forth fruit of herself; first the blade, then the ear, after that the full corn in the ear.
(29)  But when the fruit is brought forth, immediately he putteth in the sickle, because the harvest is come.
(30)  And he said, Whereunto shall we liken the kingdom of God? or with what comparison shall we compare it?
(31)  It is like a grain of mustard seed, which, when it is sown in the earth, is less than all the seeds that be in the earth:
(32)  But when it is sown, it groweth up, and becometh greater than all herbs, and shooteth out great branches; so that the fowls of the air may lodge under the shadow of it.

As we grow in Christ and His Word, there is a righteous judgment we are all to walk in.
More than a few aspects of right and wrong judgment are found in the Bible.
Proper teaching on Biblical judgment continues to be sorely missing in the Body of Christ today.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

Believer: I've got more important things to do than fret over someone elses sins if they are indeed sins. You wanna throw stones  that's between you and God but I won't waste time on it. I'm about doing my Father's business. Have a nice life. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  207
  • Topic Count:  60
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,651
  • Content Per Day:  1.17
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  03/04/1943

Praying~!