Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

I am in a rather conflicted dialogue with someone who's gay. He has maintained his belief in Christ but I am perplexed by our conversation. Here's the most recent post he and I have had as of today:

Merréll 6:45 PM+The Cat Let me ask you something. You don't really know me. I don't really know you. I am the son of Ba'al. You might have heard of him. I am half celestial. One might say, that as a human-celestial hybrid, a "nehpilim" if you insist on using that word, which I hate, I have a great deal more contact with angels and demons than a simple human. Let's assume this information is true. No disrespect. My mother was human. 
By what authority do YOU claim to spiritually advise me? 

The Cat (Catsmeow)7:38 PM

Colossions 2:18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,

I responded to him with scripture only. It's the only weapon I have. I intend to  use it. So..this was 

• Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

The Cat (Catsmeow) I asked Merrell who was greater, Christ or the angels (as he told me he listened and heeded the dialogue of angels as opposed to God's Word )

Merrell rambles on about Psalm 22 (here's part of the reams of scripture he posted): 

16 Dogs surround me,
    a pack of villains encircles me;
    they pierce my hands and my feet.
17 All my bones are on display;
    people stare and gloat over me.
18 They divide my clothes among them
    and cast lots for my garment.

To answer you directly, BEN EL, Immanuél, The Christ, The Son of God, God made Flesh, the Risen Savior, The Reigning King of His Universe, His Creation cannot be compared in greatness to that which he created.  So...why did you ask? 

The Cat (Catsmeow) 8:09 PM

I(quote from MerrellTo answer you directly, BEN EL, Immanuél, The Christ, The Son of God, God made Flesh, the Risen Savior, The Reigning King of His Universe, His Creation cannot be compared in greatness to that which he created. So...why did you ask? 

The Cat (Catsmeow) My answerto Merrell: The question was rhetorical.  

(follow up post)

The Cat (Catsmeow) 8:19 PM

+Merréll My friend in all sincerity and love I ask you: are you sane?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  603
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  1

I'm not sure what the subject of the thread has to do with the title.  The two seem to have nothing to do with each other unless you are saying that you have a friend who knows Baal, and is in a gay marriage, but considers himself a Christian; and you agree this is even possible, and are engaged in a private conversation with them him that you have now shared with countless people because...why?

Would you like me to say something like you picked the perfect verse and I just think it is so amazing that you are spending your time this way!

Bravo!

Personally, instead of trying to find the perfect word for this person, I would take some time reflecting on what my motivations for engaging in these conversations are.  

Then, I would find some way to fast and discipline my flesh because the prayer of righteous man availeth much (James 5:16), possibly even more then engaging in conversations like this.  

Personally I think in the beginning things like this are interesting.  I have had a couple similar conversations like this myself, and I would consider what the disciples encountered and compare the two.  But, the novelty wears off really fast when you realize that people don't change sometimes because they don't want to, and there is nothing you can do or say to change this.  

So, I would like to pray for you to complete this season with a greater understanding of His will.  May you be able to discern where your time is best spent so you will be able to edify the ones who are willing to hear the good news and walk away from the ones who aren't willing.  

In Jesus name

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.35
  • Days Won:  20

7 hours ago, Catsmeow said:

I am the son of Ba'al. You might have heard of him. I am half celestial. One might say, that as a human-celestial hybrid, a "nehpilim" if you insist on using that word, which I hate, I have a great deal more contact with angels and demons than a simple human.

Apparently you are communicating with an evil spirit.  So why continue? And to inquire about his sanity is going to make any difference.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

6 hours ago, Ezra said:

Apparently you are communicating with an evil spirit.  So why continue? And to inquire about his sanity is going to make any difference.

Yes there in an evil spirit involved here, and it needs to stop.