IGNORED

God created Science, The Lord is the Great Mathematician and Designer

Davidjayjordan

Guest Thallasa
On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 8:19 AM, Davidjayjordan said:

We have to stop thinking that modern science is superior to the Lord and His knowledge. Yes knowledge is power, and so learn knowledge and gain experience in faith and truths through your experiences. White coats are not superior to Christians, we believe and know the unseen invisable all powerful world that the white coats hardly understand at all, we know the greatest power in the Universe and the ultimate CAUSE, and CREATOR. His knowledge is in all true fields of His Science, and HIS-Story as well as future developments in Prophecy. No one is brighter than Jesus, nor smarter than the Holy Spirit.

Wow ,  very impressive and true , and put very clearly .:angel2:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

20 hours ago, post said:

is this supposed to be the part where i obligingly become your punching bag? 

Nope, just SUPPORT what you say...

post: ..."that life didn't begin by lightning striking a bit of primordial muck? that's "spontaneous generation" not "theory of evolution." 

Post the Scientific Theory of evolution...?

you're not here for a conversation anymore than the OP was. 

So, back to 'divining' intents eh?

It's also a Fallacy, Appeal to Motive.

now go ahead and pretend i'm ignoring you from here on out simply because i'm "unable" to "defend" or "support" something

Pretend? My word, isn't it Prima Facia ? :rolleyes:

regards

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97
  • Days Won:  0

On Wednesday, April 13, 2016 at 3:15 AM, post said:

dude, i think you're just not getting it. 
the beaks on these birds have literally changed over the span of a couple hundred years. it's a fact. being willfully blind to it doesn't explain how that happened. 

i have no idea why suddenly you're talking about genitalia and inbreeding, out of the blue. 

dogs are another interesting example, though mankind has had their hands all over it: 
there are many species of dogs that have arisen through purposeful breeding programs: breeding one particular dog with another to try to produce different traits ((not "inbreeding" them with their brothers and sisters, OK?)) -- so thousands of years ago, when people first started living with wolves etc. and domesticating them, none of these breeds existed. but at that time, the possibility of all those different breeds existed inside those first domesticated dogs DNA -- it was brought out over time through purposeful breeding selection - not by random mutations, but by strengthening & highlighting certain aspects of what already existed in the dogs. 

that's "evolution" of a type but not what is normally thought of -- actually, now i'm not sure what you think "evolution" is.. 

You might find the following article interesting about mutating genes in dogs.

http://www.nature.com/news/puppy-bred-to-have-muscular-dystrophy-saved-by-surprise-mutation-1.18784

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

Blessings Saved.....

I took a peek at your link,I remember reading about that study(Im thinking  it was maybe a year or so ago),,,,,,,it is very interesting and quite a major breakthrough for medicine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and,all the Glory belongs to God!

Thanks for posting it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

Just when scientists think they have it all figured out, God opens the curtain a little to reveal more mysteries.  God is awesome.

http://www.foxnews.com/science/2016/03/10/large-hadron-collider-results-may-hint-at-new-era-physics.html

8 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Blessings Saved.....

I took a peek at your link,I remember reading about that study(Im thinking  it was maybe a year or so ago),,,,,,,it is very interesting and quite a major breakthrough for medicine,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and,all the Glory belongs to God!

Thanks for posting it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,                     With love-in Christ,Kwik

Amen.

Guest Thallasa
On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 9:29 AM, post said:

what i'm trying to teach you about is a different theory that explains how things like this change in the shape and size of some bird's beaks happens -- because the truth is, that actually happened. 

there's a language problem going on here that's making it difficult for you to talk about this subject: 
"evolution" just means change. that animals have changed over time is a fact. it's the truth and it's been observed. 
"survival of the fittest" and "natural selection" are parts of Darwin's theories that try to explain how observed evolution has happened. that's the random mutation and random this-animal-is-sexier-and-healthier-and-has-more-babies--&-that-changes-the-population idea. totally separate thing from "evolution" 
one animal eventually changing ((evolving)) into an entirely different family of animals is a big logical leap and an extrapolation from what's actually been observed. 
"spontaneous generation" is an origin theory that says life arose by accident out of chaos. again, a completely different thing - a completely different topic altogether, that is not "evolution" at all -- evolution is not an origin theory. 
when a scientist says "evolve" it does not necessarily mean something absurd like a dauschound having a tomcat baby. it means change. change is an observable fact. 

it isn't magic. i don't even necessarily believe in chameleonism, but i thought you might find it interesting, because it explains observed change in a way that points to the Creator having a definite plan for His creation. 
if you don't understand what i'm talking about, or you just don't care because "evolution bad mmkay i reject all evidence of it and anything that smells kinda like it but isn't necessarily actually related" 
that's fine. 
i just thought you know, it says under your name that you're into solving mysteries - not misunderstanding and ignoring them :)

Well maybe some don't mean adaptation from what already exists ( created ) but believe that there was of course no creation at all , and that  unintelligent matter, some developed over time ,billions of years , to become  complex totally functioning  intelligent species .

This is mostly what is taught these days in schools and often anything else is banned as unscientific  .

Guest Thallasa
On ‎13‎/‎04‎/‎2016 at 2:57 PM, Davidjayjordan said:

We can easily discuss Noah and the Ark and the timing design, and the evidence for such a flood, via Darwin, Veiosky etc etc etc etc etc etc etc. and maybe some more etc.s

This topic is about the math of the Great Designer..

Lets return to PHI and the Golden Section or His Physics or His true Biology or true Genetics. Thanks

We spend too much time looking under the earth for proof ,but  need to look up high .:angel:  Lots of proof , up there .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

2 hours ago, Thallasa said:

Well maybe some don't mean adaptation from what already exists ( created ) but believe that there was of course no creation at all , and that  unintelligent matter, some developed over time ,billions of years , to become  complex totally functioning  intelligent species .

that's why i keep saying it's important to be clear about what we mean when we say "evolve" etc -- because not everyone who believes in some form of evolving/adapting/changing over time also believes man came from amoebas. but if they say "well i believe in evolution" -- people might assume they don't believe in creation. 
sometimes people are talking about the origin of life when they say "evolution is wrong" -- and sometimes people are just referring to whether all species are actually related or not. sometimes people are just referring to something as innocuous as hundreds of species of butterfly stemming from a common butterfly ancestor if they say "evolution isn't wrong" 

it's such a "hot button word" for us -- because of the association some people make with uncreated, accidental origin of life, and because unbelievers talk about it as if its some kind of replacement for the necessity of a Creator. unbelievers i think are just as often in dire need of being more clear about what evolution is and what it isn't, and just what all they are talking about when they say the word. because life ex-nihilo is not part of evolution, but they think of it as though it is too sometimes, and also assume that because there is evidence for speciation, that this is somehow evidence for life being uncreated. it's not; not at all. 

i went to a liberal, state school. i expected to be taught "ex-nihilo origin of life" and "evolution is fact" when i took bio classes. i actually wasn't. i had fair, intelligent teachers who actually showed me evidence that Darwin's theories have an awful lot of holes in them, and that 'intelligent design' actually has a lot of merit -- just that as a science, it's not exactly testable. but neither is any origin theory.. 
i was surprised -- i think people are usually surprised to hear that, too. and some of these bio teachers were definitely not Christians. 
where i did run into opposition was from other students, and from teachers whose fields were generally not biology. it's definitely there in secular science universities, but it's not so "sanctioned" and "driven down your throat" as you might expect. 
or maybe Jah just blessed me to be in a particularly "good" school in that respect! the honor and praise are His :)

Guest Thallasa
16 minutes ago, post said:

that's why i keep saying it's important to be clear about what we mean when we say "evolve" etc -- because not everyone who believes in some form of evolving/adapting/changing over time also believes man came from amoebas. but if they say "well i believe in evolution" -- people might assume they don't believe in creation. 
sometimes people are talking about the origin of life when they say "evolution is wrong" -- and sometimes people are just referring to whether all species are actually related or not. sometimes people are just referring to something as innocuous as hundreds of species of butterfly stemming from a common butterfly ancestor if they say "evolution isn't wrong" 

it's such a "hot button word" for us -- because of the association some people make with uncreated, accidental origin of life, and because unbelievers talk about it as if its some kind of replacement for the necessity of a Creator. unbelievers i think are just as often in dire need of being more clear about what evolution is and what it isn't, and just what all they are talking about when they say the word. because life ex-nihilo is not part of evolution, but they think of it as though it is too sometimes, and also assume that because there is evidence for speciation, that this is somehow evidence for life being uncreated. it's not; not at all. 

i went to a liberal, state school. i expected to be taught "ex-nihilo origin of life" and "evolution is fact" when i took bio classes. i actually wasn't. i had fair, intelligent teachers who actually showed me evidence that Darwin's theories have an awful lot of holes in them, and that 'intelligent design' actually has a lot of merit -- just that as a science, it's not exactly testable. but neither is any origin theory.. 
i was surprised -- i think people are usually surprised to hear that, too. and some of these bio teachers were definitely not Christians. 
where i did run into opposition was from other students, and from teachers whose fields were generally not biology. it's definitely there in secular science universities, but it's not so "sanctioned" and "driven down your throat" as you might expect. 
or maybe Jah just blessed me to be in a particularly "good" school in that respect! the honor and praise are His :)

I don't know American schools ,but I do know that uneducated christians are part of the problem when they insist that all of creation is 6000 years old ,so those who do not believe that tend to go towards  darwinian evolution not realising that as you say there is  form of evolution within creation as well a other things .  The problem with Young earth creationists is they make God  in their limited vision .That is they see only in part and think that is all there is what they can see .

That is why God tells us to have Faith because until we have Evolved to the higher level we will not be able to understand intellectually .  By having Faith in God we become purified so that when the intellectual discoveries come, we will use them fruitfully ,and not destructively .   So faith comes first ,  then the fruits . In this ,we benefit as a society not just individually .:o