OldSchool2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,143
  • Content Per Day:  4.62
  • Days Won:  327

Joline,,,,,,I honestly could not say what all Messianic Jews believe,,,,,,,Shiloh is pretty accurate on that subject as are you & Qnts,it seems but I have a very difficult time with "categories",,,,,,,,,,I'm sure like "denominations" there are (as you mentioned) Jews for Jesus & various other groups,,,,,,,,,I prefer to see people as God sees them"individual hearts",,,,,,so basically these are not good Topics for me personally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,God Bless you & everyone,I have to go now,,,,,just for a little while(sound familiar?),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,May the Holy Spirit be poured out on this Worthy Place                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

Guest Teditis
10 minutes ago, Joline said:

See here we have it, pretty standard stuff. Christs fulfilling the atonemet for sin is still yet to Come. We are not walking in it yet.

This folks is not the gospel......................

Excellent point!

20 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

Joline,,,,,,I honestly could not say what all Messianic Jews believe,,,,,,,Shiloh is pretty accurate on that subject as are you & Qnts,it seems but I have a very difficult time with "categories",,,,,,,,,,I'm sure like "denominations" there are (as you mentioned) Jews for Jesus & various other groups,,,,,,,,,I prefer to see people as God sees them"individual hearts",,,,,,so basically these are not good Topics for me personally,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,God Bless you & everyone,I have to go now,,,,,just for a little while(sound familiar?),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,May the Holy Spirit be poured out on this Worthy Place                                    With love-in Christ,Kwik

Well someone just denied the atoning work of Jesus Christ. Go see who it was Kwik

Guest shiloh357
25 minutes ago, Joline said:

See here we have it, pretty standard stuff. Christs fulfilling the atonemet for sin is still yet to Come. We are not walking in it yet.

This folks is not the gospel......................

No, that is not true.  What I said has nothing to do with atonement for sin.   I was referring to the future prophecies of Jesus that have yet to be fulfilled but are prophesied in the fall festivals.   Nothing I said denied Jesus' atonement.  This only demonstrates your lack of competence in this matter. 

Just now, shiloh357 said:

No, that is not true.  What I said has nothing to do with atonement for sin.   I was referring to the future prophecies of Jesus that have yet to be fulfilled but are prophesied in the fall festivals.   Nothing I said denied Jesus' atonement.  This only demonstrates your lack of competence in this matter. 

Is the day of atonement a fall feast Shiloh? Has he fulfilled this atonement on the cross? You just said it was yet future.

Now either he has already fulfilled that feast or he has not. Which is it please?

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Joline said:

Is the day of atonement a fall feast Shiloh? Has he fulfilled this atonement on the cross? You just said it was yet future.

Now either he has already fulfilled that feast or he has not. Which is it please?

Yes, I said it was future with regard to the prophetic fulfillment regarding the future prophecies.   Of course it was fulfilled along with Passover on the cross.   I thought you were intelligent enough to know what I meant and gave me some credit for knowing that there was a joint fulfillment on the cross regarding to atonement.   It speaks to more than just what happened on the cross and points, rightly to the future day of judgment for those who rejected Christ's atonement.

8 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Yes, I said it was future with regard to the prophetic fulfillment regarding the future prophecies.   Of course it was fulfilled along with Passover on the cross.   I thought you were intelligent enough to know what I meant and gave me some credit for knowing that there was a joint fulfillment on the cross regarding to atonement.   It speaks to more than just what happened on the cross and points, rightly to the future day of judgment for those who rejected Christ's atonement.

It is not fulfilled in the future. He died once for sin. His sacrifice is present and available at all time for whomever shall receive it. Just as the Apostles were saved, so to their kinsman when the time comes to open their eyes to accept it. It is finished once FOR ALL. It is NOW, TODAY. That is what the prophets spoke to, his work 2000 years ago.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Joline said:

It is not fulfilled in the future. He died once for sin. His sacrifice is present and available at all time for whomever shall receive it. Just as the Apostles were saved, so to their kinsman when the time comes to open their eyes to accept it. It is finished once FOR ALL. It is NOW, TODAY

Yes, but what you don't seem to understand that is that there is a dual fulfillment.  In fact, even Passover is echoed through the last 42 months of God's wrath in the book of Revelation.    There are more than one prophecies about Jesus in the Day of Atonement.  It speaks to his atonement on the cross, but it also points to a future day of judgment.  No one is saying that the atonement isn't finished.  That is a false value you are assigning to me.  It is a false accusation you are making against me.

So there is no problem here, except the one you are trying manufacture because you are trying win a debate that you can't win based on the weak and incorrect information you have been spewing so far in this thread.  You clearly don't understand the nature of the festivals, particularly their prophetic character. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

39 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

If you are saying Jews for Jesus is a denomination, that would not be correct. But, then again, Messianic Judaism is not a denomination.

Jews for Jesus is a missionary board. At one time, that name caught on among Jewish believers in Jesus, but strictly speaking Jews for Jesus is a missions organization. The name, Jews for Jesus, when it first came into use was viewed by some as an oxymoron. The thought was Jews would not be for Jesus, and the idea of Jews being for Jesus was unheard of. Because of the power of that statement, that there are Jews for Jesus, Jewish people who believed on Jesus started to use the name of the missionary board. 

Now for those who do call themselves Jews for Jesus. Most also called themselves Messianic Jews. Many of the missionaries who work for Jews for Jesus attend Messianic Judaism synagogues, so there really is not a distinction.

Shilo is pretty accurate. 

Guest Teditis

Do Messianic Jews follow Rabbinic teachings as well hold to Holy Scripture?

Or do they separate the two and understand that Christianity has made strides

forward since Jesus' teachings?