IGNORED

Who would have thought ? The apostle Peter was a back slider.

HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

42 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Underline: As for the rest of us..

Job 34:14-15 NIV If it were his intention and he withdrew his spirit and breath, 15all humanity would perish together and mankind would return to the dust.

Psalm 146:4 NIV When their spirit departs, they return to the ground; on that very day their plans come to nothing.

Eccl 9:5 NIV For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing; they have no further reward, and even their name is forgotten.

Eccl 9:10 NIV Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might, for in the realm of the dead, where you are going, there is neither working nor planning nor knowledge nor wisdom.

If you or I were to die right now, our spirit would return to God if we are in Christ, or to Hell if we are not, while our bodies lay in the grave.

Enoch and Elijah are the only two, apart from Jesus who were translated into Heaven bodily. I posted that to show you that there are people in Heaven, with their bodies, now, when you mentioned earlier that there were none.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56

4 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

Where did I say believers go to Hell?

I said, if free moral agents, believers with free will, which we were created and born with free will, if they turn to sin, refuse to repent and die, THEY will not enter Heaven. God says that, the Bible teaches it, Christ says it.

The Bible teaches that I am covered in the blood of Christ because it's impossible to live sinless.

1 minute ago, HAZARD said:

Their spirit returns to God if they are in Christ, or to Hell if they are not, while their bodies lay in the grave.

Enoch and Elijah are the only two, apart from Jesus who were translated into Heaven bodily. I posted that to show you that there are people in Heaven, with their bodies, now, when you mentioned earlier that there were none.

Right, the breath that was breathed into us will return to God. Spirit bodies do not exist. We do not exist as breath in heaven.

30 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

The Bible teaches that I am covered in the blood of Christ because it's impossible to live sinless.

Right, the breath that was breathed into us will return to God. Spirit bodies do not exist. We do not exist as breath in heaven.

Spirit bodies do exist.

Hebrews 13:2, Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares. Angels have spirit bodies.

This is a post I made on another thread here and kept. check the Scriptures and you will see.

God the Father has a body with bodily parts as we have and this also proves the Father Son and Holy Spirit are not "ONE in body but 'ONE" in unity in all things.

God has a spirit body with bodily parts like a man. This is proved by hundreds of Scriptures that do not need interpretation. God is a Spirit being, infinite, eternal, immutable, self-existent, omnipresent, omniscient, omnipotent, invisible, impartial, immortal, absolutly holy, full of wisdom, full of knowledge, and just in all things. God is known in Scripture by over two hundred names. He is describes as being like any other person as to having a body, soul, and spirit (Job 13:8; Heb. 1:3 ;  Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-7). He is a spirit being with a body (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6 ; 9-19 ; Exodus 24:11 ;  Ezek. 1:26-28 , Acts 7:54-59 ; Rev. 4:2-4 ; 5:1 ; 5-7 ; 22:4-5), shape (John 5:37), form (Phil. 2:5-7, same Greek word as in Mark 16:12, which refers to bodily form); and an image and likeness of a man (Gen. 1:26 ; 9:6 ; Ezek. 1:26-28 ; 1 Cor. 11:7, Jas. 3:9; Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-6).

He has a heart (Gen. 6:6 ; 8:21). hands and fingers (Exod. 31:18, Psalms 8:3-6, Rev. 5:1 ;  6-7),  Nostrils (Ps. 18:8),  mouth (Num. 12:8), lips and tongue Isa. 30:27, feet (Ezek. 1:27 ; Exodus 24:10); eyes, eyelids, sight (Ps. 11:4 ;  18:24 ; 33:18) ; voice (Ps. 29 ;  Rev. 10:3-4 ; Gen. 1) ; breath (Gen. 2:7) ; ears (Ps. 18:6)  ; head, hair, face, arms (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ;  Rev. 5:1 ; loins (Ezek. 1:26 ; 28; 8:1-4); bodily presence (Gen. 3:8 ;  18:1-22 ; Job 1:6-12 ; 2:1-7 ;  Exodus 24:10-11  ; and many other bodily parts as required by Him to be a person with a body.

God goes from place to place just like any one else (Gen. 3:8 ; 11:5 ;  18:1-22,  33 ; 19:24 ; 32:24-32 ; 35:13 ;  Zech. 14:5 ;  Titus 2:13). God is omnipresent but not omnibody, that is His presence can be felt everywhere but His body is not everywhere. God wears cloths (Dan. 7:9-14 ; 10:5-19 ;  God eats food (Gen. 18:1-22 ;  Exodus 24:11).

There is not one Scripture in the Bible which states that God is intangible, immaterial, without a body, or bodily parts, and passions except John 4:24, “God is a spirit,” and this certainly does not teach that He is without a body. The difference between Spirit and flesh and bone is substance.

MEN WITH THEIR OWN EYES, SAW THE HAND OF GOD WRITING ON A WALL.

Men saw the HAND of God with their own eyes (V. 5).Thousands saw the handwriting on the wall as visible as any other writing (V. 7-9, 16, 24-25).

(V. 7, "Whosoever shall read this writing, and shew me the interpretation thereof, shall bge clothed with scarlet, and have a chain of Gold about his neck, and shall be the third ruler in the kingdom."

This proves that  the writing was not in the ordinary language of the lords from the empire. Had it been in Hebrew, Chaldee, or some common language of the empire many could have read and interpreted it. The original may have been a heavenly language of angels or one of any number of earthly languages not known to men in the Babylonian empire. What ever it was it took a man gifted by the Holy Spirit, one possessing the gift of interpretation, to read and interpret it. CP. 1 Cor. 12:10-11, , 11, 30; 13:1; 14:5, 12-14, 26-28. There is no indication here that Daniel could read this because he was acquainted with a particular language. This would be doing away with the supernatural element in the interpretation. It was done by the Holy Spirit as much as the previous interpretations were (2:19, 22-23, 28-30, 47; 48:8-9, 19).

The merrymaking ceased, the revelry stopped, and a deathlike silence came over the banquet hall because of the hand-writing. The Queen broke the silence by informing the king of Daniel (V. 10-12).

V.11, "There is a man in thy kingdom, in whom is the spirit of the holy gods; and in the days of thy father light and understanding and wisdom, like the wisdom of the gods, was found in  him; whom the kings Nebuchadnezzar thy father, the king, I say, thy father, made master of the magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans, and soothsayers;

The queen said, "Now let Daniel be called, and he will shew the interpretation (V. 12). The queen had absolute faith in Daniel for he had never failed (2:19-49; 4:8-30). 

(V. 25) And this was the writing that was written MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN,

MENE, MENE, meaning numbered numbered. Repeated for the sake of emphasis. God has numbered your kingdom, and it is finished. TEKEL, meaning weighed. You are weighed in the balance and are found wanting (. 25, 27).

UPHARSIN or PHARSIN is the plural of PERES meaning division. Thy kingdom is split up and given to the Medes and Persians (V. 25. 28). Belshazzar rewarded him according to his word, but Daniel did not exercise third rulership over Babylon due to the fact that the Medes and Persians took over the kingdom that very night (V. 30). Thus ended the kingdom of Babylon after holding Israel in captivity for 70 years (Jer. 25; Dan. 9:2).

The Word, who became flesh, and is now risen, Jesus, now has a glorified flesh and bone body and the scares to prove it;

Luke 24:39, Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.

Jesus will carry the wounds forever as a reminder of what He endured to all throughout eternity future!

Zechariah 13:6, And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.

And where is Jesus now? He is sitting in His glorified flesh and bone body, along side the Father, at His Fathers right hand, in Heaven;

Mark 16:19, "So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God."

Its doesn't say He is inside the Father because they are omnibody?

And where is the Holy Spirit while Jesus is in Heaven with the Father? Look at this, The Holy Spirit, the third person of the Godhead is on the Earth.

John 14:16, And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

John 14:26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

John 15:26 But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

John 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Jesus on Earth praying to His Father, Luke 11:12, who was in Heaven. The Father speaking from Heaven about Jesus, Luke 3:22,  who was on the Earth, Jesus returns to The father in Heaven and the Father sends the Holy Spirit, John 14:16,  to the earth.

That makes three separate divine beings. Remember this?

Genesis 1:26, And God said, LET US make man in OUR image, after OUR likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Was God talking to Himself? or was He talking to the Word who was in the beginning with God and who was also God, and also the Holy Spirit?

1 John 5:7, For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
1John 5:8, And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

7 minutes ago, HAZARD said:

God has a spirit body with bodily parts like a man.

Right, His name is Jesus. We are not Jesus. We are human beings who will come alive at first resurrection.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

3 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

The lost only pertains to nonbelievers that haven't reached salvation in Christ. That's why you shouldn't use parables to prove historical facts.

Every parable has truth; hidden from the gentiles, but not from His body.  Notice what is said in the below passage.

2 Timothy 2:16-17

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Notice it is not said all scripture, except parables.  Parables, like prophecies, have to be studied to find the truth in them and not taken at face value, for the most part.

27 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Right, His name is Jesus. We are not Jesus. We are human beings who will come alive at first resurrection.

No one said we are Jesus?

There is no way you have even looked up one third of the scriptures I just posted.

If you read the Scriptures you would know Jesus now has a GLORIFIED FLESH AND BONE BODY.

After Jesus returned to the Father He came back to Earth and miraculously appeared before the disciples who were in a closed room.

Luke 24:39. Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; FOR A SPIRIT HATH NOT FLESH AND BONES, AS YE SE ME HAVE.

Luke 23: 36, And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

V. 37, But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

They were terrified, because they thought they had seen a SPIRIT.

Guest shiloh357
4 hours ago, HAZARD said:

I dont need Scriptures to know I have eternal life, I know them, what I ask you is what Scriptures teach that those who have eternal life and return to sin are still saved. Do you have ONE?

There are many Scriptures which tell us to;

Matthew 26:41, Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak. 

If one cannot return to sin, why does Christ tell us to "WATCH and PRAY that we fall not into temptation?

You're violating context.  Jesus was not warning them about being tempted to live in sin.    The word "temptation" as used here has to do with those things that try or test our faith.  Temptation isn't always used in the sense of being tempted to commit sin.    The Bible uses the word to refer to testing one's faith.   Jesus was referring to the events that were about to happen with his arrest, trial and death on the cross that would serve to test their faith.   Important to realize that the disciples were not "Christians"  in Matt. 26.  They were not born again, regenerate children of God at that point.

There is not ONE example from the NT of a genuine follower of Jesus returning to sin and forsaking the Lord.

1 hour ago, OneLight said:

Every parable has truth; hidden from the gentiles, but not from His body.  Notice what is said in the below passage.

2 Timothy 2:16-17

All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.

Notice it is not said all scripture, except parables.  Parables, like prophecies, have to be studied to find the truth in them and not taken at face value, for the most part.

Underline: Again, the lost only pertains to nonbelievers that haven't reached salvation in Christ.

Luke 19:9-10 NIV Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

John 6:39-40 NIV 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 17:12 NIV While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

John 18:8-9 NIV Jesus answered, “I told you that I am he. If you are looking for me, then let these men go.” 9This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: “I have not lost one of those you gave me.”

1 Cor 15:12-19 NIV But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

1 hour ago, HAZARD said:

No one said we are Jesus?

If you read the Scriptures you would know Jesus now has a GLORIFIED FLESH AND BONE BODY.

Right, we aren't Jesus. You can't compare the resurrection of Jesus Christ himself to mortal human beings. We will only be glorified at first resurrection.

1 Cor 15:42-43 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

1 hour ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Underline: Again, the lost only pertains to nonbelievers that haven't reached salvation in Christ.

Luke 19:9-10 NIV Jesus said to him, “Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. 10For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

John 6:39-40 NIV 39And this is the will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has given me, but raise them up at the last day. 40For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.”

John 17:12 NIV While I was with them, I protected them and kept them safe by that name you gave me. None has been lost except the one doomed to destruction so that Scripture would be fulfilled.

John 18:8-9 NIV Jesus answered, “I told you that I am he. If you are looking for me, then let these men go.” 9This happened so that the words he had spoken would be fulfilled: “I have not lost one of those you gave me.”

1 Cor 15:12-19 NIV But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost. 19If only for this life we have hope in Christ, we are of all people most to be pitied.

Right, we aren't Jesus. You can't compare the resurrection of Jesus Christ himself to mortal human beings. We will only be glorified at first resurrection.

1 Cor 15:42-43 So will it be with the resurrection of the dead. The body that is sown is perishable, it is raised imperishable; 43it is sown in dishonor, it is raised in glory; it is sown in weakness, it is raised in power; 44it is sown a natural body, it is raised a spiritual body.

There is no way you have even looked up one third of the scriptures I just posted.

After Jesus returned to the Father He came back to Earth and miraculously appeared before the disciples who were in a closed room.

Luke 24:39. Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; FOR A SPIRIT HATH NOT FLESH AND BONES, AS YE SE ME HAVE.

Luke 23: 36, And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

V. 37, But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

They were terrified, because they thought they had seen a SPIRIT.

Heb 13:8.

First you say spirits have no bodies, I gave you Scriptures showing God and angels have spirit bodies. Then you say, no one, no man is in Heaven. I show you Enoch and Elijah were translated bodily to Heaven by God. The you quote 1 Cor. 15:42-43? Read the entire chapter!

Jesus as the Word was a spirit being. He divested Himself of His divine spirit faculties and became a man so He could die for mankind. As God, He could not die, but as man He could die. He was raised, Glorified, and still has His flesh and bone body, only glorified, as we will be when our bodies are raised from the grave.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

7 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Again, the lost only pertains to nonbelievers that haven't reached salvation in Christ.

I won't continue to discuss this since it is apparent what I say is not being addressed, just "corrected". God Bless.