• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,795
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

8 minutes ago, SIC said:

So ok I wish to ask this. If a Gentile believer walks into a Messianic Jewish congregation. Will he welcomed as a brother in Christ or spurned as Gentile?????

I should add, I have gone to Messianic congregations that George has preached in. Jewish and gentile believers in Christ have been welcomed as brothers and sisters in Christ. No one is spurned.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,438
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

OK. Thanks George and Jade

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, SIC said:

So ok I wish to ask this. If a Gentile believer walks into a Messianic Jewish congregation. Will he welcomed as a brother in Christ or spurned as Gentile?????

Suppose,  Gentile is Messianic Jew. Absurd!

Are you Jewish? If not than why do you need that for?

2 minutes ago, Ogner said:

Mere curiosity. I think I'm well within the rules in asking that question... :)

24 minutes ago, SIC said:

Mere curiosity. I think I'm well within the rules in asking that question... :)

And I think I'm well within the rules in asking questions too...

If a Gentile walks into a Messianic Jewish congregation. Question is, why did he want that?

Edited by Ogner

Probably curiosity again

Guest shiloh357
59 minutes ago, Ogner said:

Why not?  Many Gentile enjoy fellowshipping with Messianic Jews in Messianic Jewish congregations.   Why would a Gentile NOT want that (unless they are anti-Semitic and don't like Jews)?

7 minutes ago, SIC said:

Probably curiosity again

If a Gentile walks into a Messianic Jewish congregation just out of curiosity. He will welcomed as a tourist.

That's not what you asked, right?

Once again. If a Gentile walks into a Messianic Jewish congregation. Question is, why did he want that?

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, Joline said:

I will look to official scholars and leaders within the movement. Mark's book on this subject is advertised on the umjc site, as well as the messianic Jewish rabbinical council. he is also of course not without affiliation with the imaacs and mjaa.

Rabbi Mark Kinzer Releases New Book

MJRC Rabbi Dr. Mark Kinzer has just released Searching Her Own Mystery, which promises to become a major resource in Messianic Jewish dialogue with the Roman Catholic Church and the Christian world in general. Rabbi Kinzer argues that the Church has yet to explore adequately the implications of the seminal Catholic document Nostra Aetate for Christian self-understanding. The publication announcement from Cascade Books states:

The new Catholic teaching concerning Israel should produce fresh perspectives on the entire range of Christian theology, including Christology, ecclesiology, and the theology of the sacraments. To this end, Kinzer proposes an Israel-ecclesiology rooted in Israel-Christology in which a restored ecclesia ex circumcisione—the “church from the circumcision”—assumes a crucial role as a sacramental sign of the Church’s bond with the Jewish people and genealogical-Israel’s irrevocable election

And from the rabbinical council his credentials

Dr. Kinzer is Rabbi of Congregation Zera Avraham in Ann Arbor, Michigan, President Emeritus of Messianic Jewish Theological Institute, and former chairman of the UMJC Theology Committee.

His credentials within the movement speak for itself. I do not know who you speak for, no disrespect intended Qnts.

Which is like using Bart Ehrman as the baseline by which to judge Christianity and the Bible.  Bart Ehrman is a major Bible scholar, has degrees from evangelical seminaries and teaches at a university and has written several books and articles. But his views about the Bible are erroneous and most Christians scholars reject his views.    But he is widely used by skeptics of Christianity because of his credentials.

There are plenty of other scholars in Messianic  Judaism whose credentials are even more impressive than Kinzer's and who reject Kinzer's views.  So to use the lowest common denominator, as the standard by which Messianic Judaism is judged is unfair.   Dr. John Fischer would be a far better person to consult on Messianic Judaism than Kinzer.

To many people grab an erroneous Messianic teacher and hold him up as representative of Messianic Judaism and judge the entire movement by one person's point of view.

11 minutes ago, Ogner said:

If a Gentile walks into a Messianic Jewish congregation just out of curiosity. He will welcomed as a tourist.

That's not what you asked, right?

Once again. If a Gentile walks into a Messianic Jewish congregation. Question is, why did he want that?

Well there might be situations where the Gentile believer finds himself in a place with no churches only the Messianic synagogue....