IGNORED

Zoo That Killed 400 lb Gorilla

missmuffet

The problem is we are giving everyone a pass because "they have learned their lesson or have suffered enough." People would pay more attention to their charges if we would hold them accountable instead of making excuses for them. And, FYI, I have raised children to adulthood and they never had the opportunity to climb an animal enclosure and have the chance to fall in. An innocent animal lost it's life because of the "inattention" of an adult.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.46
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

25 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

The problem is we are giving everyone a pass because "they have learned their lesson or have suffered enough." People would pay more attention to their charges if we would hold them accountable instead of making excuses for them. And, FYI, I have raised children to adulthood and they never had the opportunity to climb an animal enclosure and have the chance to fall in. An innocent animal lost it's life because of the "inattention" of an adult.

well, Im glad you were a "perfect" parent and never had any of your kids ever do anything wrong. Guess what though, most of us live in a real world where real people have real kids who make mistakes. Mistakes happen. Im sure that mom had absolutly no idea that that 4 year old was even capable of getting in there. Just because youve never had this happen to you doesnt mean it couldn't have. Thousands have kids have passed by that exhibit, possibly even millions over that 36 years. Im sure a good portion of them had even less supervision, then that one did. And just as many, probably dreamed of climbing in there but couldnt figure out how. It happened to that one mother. and now we all crucify her. Im sorry, but its not a very Christ like manner. She made a mistake. Ive made them myself. So have you. 

I'm not the perfect parent by any means, but at least I don't make excuses for poor parenting, which is exactly what this was. Grow up, instead of throwing out insults, which is what you did before you edited your post. I have nothing further to say to you as you are just being ignorant.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

1 hour ago, Rick_Parker said:

I totally agree with you on this Rick. I see kids running wild in restaurants and grocery stores and the parents are no where and do not seem to care. My kids knew better. They were taught what is right and what is wrong. They would ask "Mommy is it ok for me to do that?".

5 minutes ago, Rick_Parker said:

I'm not the perfect parent by any means, but at least I don't make excuses for poor parenting, which is exactly what this was. Grow up, instead of throwing out insults, which is what you did before you edited your post. I have nothing further to say to you as you are just being ignorant.

Your right, I did throw out a insult before I edited it, which is why I edited it. What I said wasnt nice, and is why I edited it, because it wasnt edifying. Im sorry, I shouldnt have said it in the first place. But the thing is, im not making excuses for poor parenting, im just pointing out that we have all made mistakes. You dont know this lady, for all you know this was her first mistake. your judging her for a mistake. You dont know shes a bad parent. My grandparents left my dad in a grocery store when he was a kid...and they were some of the best parents I know. People make mistakes. That is what im pointng out. You, are so biased in anger towards this woman, that you refuse to read-or understand anyone who says anything that isnt in align with your biased view on the matter.

I wonder if the boy's parents are going to sue the Cincinnati Zoo? Time will tell.

Just now, bopeep1909 said:

I wonder if the boy's parents are going to sue the Cincinnati Zoo? Time will tell.

I hope not, if they do, it is at that point I will stop defending at this point. Right now, im willing to assume the best about them and assume it was just a mistake, lapse in judgement, but if they sue, that tells me they are unwilling to accept responsibility and learn from their actions.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

1 hour ago, bopeep1909 said:

I totally agree with you on this Rick. I see kids running wild in restaurants and grocery stores and the parents are no where and do not seem to care. My kids knew better. They were taught what is right and what is wrong. They would ask "Mommy is it ok for me to do that?".

So were mine and I can truthfully say that my grandkids say 'yes, ma'am' and 'yes, sir' and are never allowed to run loose or unsupervised.  You obviously raised your kids the right way, peep, and that has a way of paying off for generations.  Do you have grandkids yet?

18 minutes ago, MorningGlory said:

So were mine and I can truthfully say that my grandkids say 'yes, ma'am' and 'yes, sir' and are never allowed to run loose or unsupervised.  You obviously raised your kids the right way, peep, and that has a way of paying off for generations.  Do you have grandkids yet?

I just did the best I knew how as a parent. I taught them to respect authority and to respect other people's property. I think this is one of the best gifts you can give your children when they are growing up.Because if their parent doesn't do it who will? We took our kids to some of the most expensive restaurants and they were always well behaved. They just learned that. Yes,I have 4 grandchildren :)