• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/03/1976

. . that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 
Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. 
Only let us hold true to what we have attained.

(Philippians 3:10-16)

If then you have been raised with Christ, seek the things that are above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things that are above, not on things that are on earth. For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.
Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming. in these you too once walked, when you were living in them. But now you must put them all away: anger, wrath, malice, slander, and obscene talk from your mouth. Do not lie to one another, seeing that you have put off the old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge after the image of its creator. Here there is not Greek and Jew, circumcised and uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave, free; but Christ is all, and in all.
(Colossians 3:1-11)

On 6/23/2016 at 3:58 AM, RobertS said:

I have posted my evidence from scripture in my replies; it is a heart issue as God has said in multiple passages and not a head one.

you speak this way because you lack understanding. 
here, let me help you:

Strong's Concordance
kardia: heart

Original Word: καρδία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: kardia
Phonetic Spelling: (kar-dee'-ah)
Short Definition: the heart, inner life, intention
Definition: lit: the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center.

HELPS Word-studies

2588 kardía  heart; "the affective center of our being" and the capacity of moral preference (volitional desire, choice; see P. Hughs, 2 Cor, 354); "desire-producer that makes us tick" (G. Archer), i.e our "desire-decisions" that establish who we really are.

[Heart (2588 /kardía) is mentioned over 800 times in Scripture, but never referring to the literal physical pump that drives the blood. That is, "heart" is only used figuratively (both in the OT and NT.)]

5 minutes ago, post said:

2588 kardía  heart; "the affective center of our being" and the capacity of moral preference (volitional desire, choice; see P. Hughs, 2 Cor, 354); "desire-producer that makes us tick" (G. Archer), i.e our "desire-decisions" that establish who we really are.

[Heart (2588 /kardía) is mentioned over 800 times in Scripture, but never referring to the literal physical pump that drives the blood. That is, "heart" is only used figuratively (both in the OT and NT.)]

did everyone catch that? 

it's rather important not to miss, and will keep you from being able to comprehend much, if you don't understand this -- so let me re-iterate: 

[Heart (2588 / kardía) is mentioned over 800 times in Scripture, but never referring to the literal physical pump that drives the blood. That is, "heart" is only used figuratively (both in the OT and NT.)]

it is not the 'heart' that has evil desires and wicked thoughts & intentions. 
these are things that happen in your mind
in the scripture, 'heart' is always a figurative word. 

you confess you have a "heart issue" ? 
brothers & sisters, that is a mental issue. according to scripture. 

For out of the heart come evil thoughts
(Matthew 15:19) 

Guest shiloh357
8 minutes ago, post said:

did everyone catch that? 

it's rather important not to miss, and will keep you from being able to comprehend much, if you don't understand this -- so let me re-iterate: 

[Heart (2588 / kardía) is mentioned over 800 times in Scripture, but never referring to the literal physical pump that drives the blood. That is, "heart" is only used figuratively (both in the OT and NT.)]

it is not the 'heart' that has evil desires and wicked thoughts & intentions. 
these are things that happen in your mind
in the scripture, 'heart' is always a figurative word. 

you confess you have a "heart issue" ? 
brothers & sisters, that is a mental issue. according to scripture. 

Oh please... No one thinks it refers to the physical organ.  Most of us are really smarter than you give us credit and we understand that the Bible uses the word heart refer to the spirit.   We have a "heart" problem and a sin problem.  The Bible makes it clear that man's problem is spiritual not mental.   Stop insulting people's intelligence.

Guest shiloh357
37 minutes ago, post said:

. . that I may know him and the power of his resurrection, and may share his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead.
Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 
Let those of us who are mature think this way, and if in anything you think otherwise, God will reveal that also to you. 
Only let us hold true to what we have attained.

(Philippians 3:10-16)

No one is claiming to be perfect or flawless.  We are simply not submitting to your self-righteous judgments of us.

12 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No one is claiming to be perfect or flawless.  We are simply not submitting to your self-righteous judgments of us.

why haven't you answered my questions yet? 

• how can you say "i have no flaw in my mind" at the same time you say "my mind is not flawless"  ? 
  • if the accusation of "unhealthy obsession" is not a comment on mental health, what kind of health is it a comment on ? 

thanks. 

19 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

the Bible uses the word heart refer to the spirit.

look at the definition again. it does not mention "spirit" 

kardia: heart

Original Word: καρδία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: kardia
Phonetic Spelling: (kar-dee'-ah)
Short Definition: the heart, inner life, intention
Definition: lit: the heart; mind, character, inner self, will, intention, center.

"denial" and "avoidance behavior" and "cognitive dissonance" 

are not cardiovascular issues.

nor is forgetfulness, lack of understanding, or stubbornness. 

((nor "obsession"))

:laugh:

if i'm "obsessed" with the truth, i count it as a mark of good character, not a blight. that's certainly not something that came from my natural man!