• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, RobertS said:

And there is the danger of "cherry picking"; you're mixing single verses out of context together, much like someone taking parts from 12 different cars and claiming it's an automobile. When a verse is removed from its' context, it can be made to say virtually anything.

I'm sorry, but this is an irresponsible use of the Word of God, and I cannot abide it.

Perhaps, what you don't like about my post above is that .... it expose the errors of your doctrinal traditional view?

Oh well, my apology for shaking the foundation of your doctrinal faith.

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Seve said:

Perhaps, what you don't like about my post above is that .... it expose the errors of your doctrinal traditional view?

You couch this as your perspective in the OP and then when people don't agree with you, suddenly, your view is exposing errors???   That is a bit presumptuous.   You haven't shaken anyone's faith.  LOL

10 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

Proverbs 8 has a woman named "Wisdom" as its narrator.  In the immediate context, it is not Jesus that the writer has in mind.   You are ignoring basic rules like context in order to promote your agenda.

LOL... The context of the Scriptures are in chronological order of the events and supporting each other, correct?

Deal with it or refute the Scriptures that I posted.... No? I thought so.

1 minute ago, shiloh357 said:

You couch this as your perspective in the OP and then when people don't agree with you, suddenly, your view is exposing errors???   That is a bit presumptuous.   You haven't shaken anyone's faith.  LOL

I thought, I was being nice to you, was I not? My apology then for telling you the truth.

Guest shiloh357
Just now, Seve said:

LOL... The context of the Scriptures are in chronological order of the events and supporting each other, correct?

No, what you did was violate context, by applying John 1 to Proverbs 12.   You are misapplying John 1 to Proverbs 8.  Those are two different contexts talking about two different things.  Proverbs 8 is a woman.  John 1 doesn't picture Jesus as a woman.  Context is one of the most important tools we have in interpretation of Scripture.

I don't refute Scripture.  I refute the mishandling of Scripture, which is what YOU are doing.

13 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

No, what you did was violate context, by applying John 1 to Proverbs 12.   You are misapplying John 1 to Proverbs 8.  Those are two different contexts talking about two different things.  Proverbs 8 is a woman.  John 1 doesn't picture Jesus as a woman.  Context is one of the most important tools we have in interpretation of Scripture.

I don't refute Scripture.  I refute the mishandling of Scripture, which is what YOU are doing.

I thought so.... You will not be able to refute the Scripture itself that I posted.

Now, exactly, which part of the cited Scripture that is out of context and mishandled? Are they not in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER of the events?

Your false accusation is only based on your spiritual ignorance of the Scripture - to what it really says - which is contrary to your traditional views. Sorry

Read it again, below....

Dear Readers,

Here's how you can reconcile the separation and the bringing forth of the Son of God into the physical world from the bosom of the     invisible realm of his Father in the Beginning.... using only the Scriptures (3) .... my witnesses

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. Prov. 8:22

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.   Gen 1:2

The same was in the beginning with God. John 1:2

was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.Prov 8:3

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Gen, 1:3

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:3

When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Prov 8:24

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.Gen.1:4

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.John 1:4

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: Prov 8:25

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen 1:5

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. John 1:5

Edited by Seve

Guest shiloh357
6 minutes ago, Seve said:

I thought so.... You will not be able to refute the Scripture itself that I posted.

Why would I refute Scripture???   That makes no sense.

Now, exactly, which part of the cited Scripture that is out of context and mishandled? Are they not in CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER of the events?

You are violating context by apply John 1 to Proverbs 8.   Proverbs 8 personifies Wisdom as a woman who leads men down the right path in contrast to the wicked Prostitute that seduces men into sin.    That has NOTHING to do with Jesus being "born."

Guest Robert
24 minutes ago, Seve said:

All it exposed is your tendency to quote scripture severely out of context.

And no, you did not shake anything Seve. I'm solid enough in my faith and my understanding of the Word of God that it takes more than someone with a "new" insight on the Bible to rattle me.

54 minutes ago, Seve said:

Dear Readers,

Here's how you can reconcile the separation and the bringing forth of the Son of God into the physical world from the bosom of the     invisible realm of his Father in the Beginning.... using only the Scriptures (3) .... my witnesses

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. John 1:1

The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. Prov. 8:22

And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.   Gen 1:2

The same was in the beginning with God. John 1:2

was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.Prov 8:3

And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. Gen, 1:3

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. John 1:3

When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water. Prov 8:24

And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.Gen.1:4

In him was life; and the life was the light of men.John 1:4

Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth: Prov 8:25

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day. Gen 1:5

And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. John 1:5

Oppppps.... Sorry for the repost... my bad.... 

Edited by Seve

Guest Robert
27 minutes ago, Seve said:

You have taken the scriptures so far out of context that chronological order is the least of your concerns. You left out context, and since you refuse to acknowledge that, no one can take you seriously.

Edited by RobertS