Work in Progress

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

We are not talking someone who is in a complete vegitative state. I saw the Larry King Show about this, and heard from Terry's parents that they want to take care of their daughter, and will take all financial responsiblity. I wonder too about Terry's husband's motives. I encourage everyone, make sure your whole family knows your wishes in a situation such as this. Have paperwork concerning this made up so there is no question about what you want to be done in the event you cannot speak for yourself, concerning a matter such as this.

Just my two cents worth.

YIC,

Joe.

P.S. Arthur, I agree with your disgust for Kevorkian. In my opinion the guy just really enjoys killing people.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Thanks for the link, Step. :blink:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

There are some things worse than death. I work in a hospital and families are faced with decisions like these every day. They are not murders because they chose to have mercy on their loved ones and pull feeding tubes or withdraw treatment. Who's to say that in her death there is no purpose? I think if we were all really honest with ourselves, we would not want to live out the rest of our days in a situation such as the one Ms. Shiavo is in. Why would we wish that on someone else? As far as the whole money scandle and all that is concerned. There are two sides to every story. It's not for us to sit and judge the motives of the husband. Is it impossible to think for a second that he may be really trying to carry out his wife's espressed wishes? Perhaps the parents just don't want to let go? Just some things to think on.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  279
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1965

Where, pray tell, is Dr. Jack Kevorkian now that Terry Schiavo's ex-husband might truly appreciate him?

He's in jail.

Now that I have been better informed on this matter I have had a change of mind from my first opinion. At first I thought this woman had no brain function what-so-ever, but this seems to not be the case. I think what we have here is a man (her husband) who wants to move on (yes, I know in some of your opinion he has, but legally he is married to her) and a family who want's to hold on. I kinda do and kinda don't understand why the husband wont just do a divorce and give rights to the family. I wonder if annullment is an option.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Yes, there are two sides to everything but there eveidently is no sure way to tell what she wanted before. I say again, please let ALL the family that you can, your wishes and get paper work in order then there will be no ambugity, if God forbid, something happens to you. I am including myself in this and I am going to get this taken care of very soon, so my wife, family, or myself do not have to "guess" in case the event arises.

Oh, and as far as Kevorkian, he is not considered a doctor by me, he's just a guy who got his kicks killing people. JMO.

Joe.

Guest Stepoffaith

Now we have the opportunity, finally, to be able to help Terri and I am asking that you do so right now. Let your U.S. Senators AND Representatives know that you want the Incapacitated Person's Legal Protection (H.R. 1151, S. 539) passed right away - before its too late for Terri. The website below has made it very easy for you to contact your two Senators and your Representative.

Family Research Council

Your sister in Christ, Stepoffaith

Guest eagle30

I dont understand why this is such a big deal. They should have put her down long ago and this whole battle cry of "save Terry" would have never happened. Yes she is human, but in the state she is in, the word human barely applies. She is not a functioning human being. If they pulled the tube tomorrow, I could care less about the lady. I would feel a thousand times worse if i ran over a dog, then if i heard that they started taking people off of life support. Do you know how many people die everyday, from so many different, random things. Death happens, its a part of life, its the height of life, it a culmination of life.

And for all of those bad mouthing Kevorkian, he didnt kill anyone, all he did was take away their pain. The patients themselves made the decision, that life was not worth going on in the state they were in. Its a crime that this man is sitting in jail.

A judge can order a man to die to even the score.

A soldier kills a man in war and recieves a medal.

Why is it if you kill a man in war your a hero and if you kill a man in the street your criminal. And to say fighting for your country is different, is not a valid excuse. Countries are man made, imaginary lines seperate one from the other. Your god didnt make countries, he made one world right.

Basically, with all the things that go on in the world everyday, the terry situation seems like small potatos. There are worse things that happen in the world everyday.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  279
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  12/30/1965

And for all of those bad mouthing Kevorkian, he didnt kill anyone, all he did was take away their pain.  The patients themselves made the decision, that life was not worth going on in the state they were in.  Its a crime that this man is sitting in jail.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I may get slack for this but I agree with your above statement.

As far as Terry Schiavo goes, as I understand there is no living directive. Yes, if our pet was in this position we probably would put it under. That is the humane thing to do.

In what I have seen this woman still shows emotion. Someone earlier stated that her soul is gone. I can't see that. Her parents are willing to care for her and I think they should. I sympathize with the husband and think that he should be allowed an annullment. But who am I to say? What I do know is that personally I would not want to be in Terry Schiavo's position. I am going to make it clear to my family that I would not want to be kept alive if something like that were to happen to me. I am going to have a written, notarized document as back up. It is hard for people to let go of those they love. (Note Terry's parents) I would never want my parents to hold on like that. Though being a parent I can sense the urgency to hold on. One expects to be burried by their child, not to bury their child.