• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  625
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  2

7 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

That is incorrect.  In fact, "salvation" in the NT has five different meanings (preservation, deliverance, security, healing, restoration).   And the context of Matt. 24 is not about how to be saved spiritually.   Jesus is discussing Israel during the Tribulation and stating that those who endure will be "saved" or preserved out of the Tribulation.   Sorry, but the context defies your claim.

If you are trying to earn or work hard to deserve salvation, you're going to hell.

WRONG.
Jesus is talking about salvation of the person’s SOUL here.  Salvation of the Body means nothing if the soul is lost.

Mark 8:36
And what do you benefit if you gain the whole world but lose your own soul?

1.  It came from God.  He inspired it and transmitted to His chosen vessels who were its human authors.

2.  God declared it.  Man merely discovered it.

3.  No one but God has the authority.   Man does not sit in judgment on the canon. 

Really??
It fell out of the sky and God came down to proclaim it??

Can you tell me when this happened because I never read that in my Church history books.  In fact – I never even heard of that story before. 
What year did it happen??  
What Protestant leader was there to witness it??

7 hours ago, Heb 13:8 said:

Religion doesn't save you, only the blood of Christ will. Are you born again RP? Have you accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and savior, or do you depend on the law and religious stuff to save you.

I was saved at Baptism, as the Bible states (Mark 16:16, John 3:5, 1 Pet. 3:21).  

Oh, ummmm - can YOU tell me where the Bible says we’re saved by “accepting Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior”??

Matt. 7:21-23 is about the false teachers and was against those who pay lip service to God alone.  Genuine followers of Jesus are characterized by a heart inclined to do the will of God.   Jesus was talking about those who have empty professions, not true Christians.

The rules don’t change for anybody – whether it’s false teachers or false disciples.  Only the severity of the punishments and degree of rewards. Anyway -  Matt. 7:21-23 is about false DISCIPLES not false teachers.

5 hours ago, woundeddog said:

It took me a long time to figure this out, I am sure many of you already knew this but I had to puzzle some stuff out--- Having many Roman Catholic friends and relatives I wanted to believe Roman Catholic Doctrine lines up with Christian Teaching. I have come to the conclusion that it does not on many points- but this is the most important,  and why I now believe the Roman Catholic Church is not Christian-- their apologists fiercely attack once save always saved-  Finally It dawned on me why- the "church" needs to hold the power of heaven and hell over the sheep it enslaves. If the sheep knew and trusted OSAS- the Catholic Church would crumble, their biggest tool is fear of hell. OSAS would liberate the Average Catholic from the shackles of useless tradition  and they would be able to worship God with a liberated heart Trusting Christ only.

It is my firm conviction now that the "Roman Catholic Church" is not a spiritual organization gone astray but a political force masquerading as something spiritual. It breaks my heart to see so many good hearted and well intentioned people work so hard and be used so cruelly by the leaders of the group.

Jesus said "Come to me all you who are weary and heavy laden and I will give you rest" he didnt say rest- as long as you hold on and keep your mind straight, and show up fro confession and mass, he said "REST"

I fiercely attack every heresy I come in contact with - because heresies lead people to Hell.
OSAS just happens to be the heresy of this particular thread.

YOU don't believe in the Catholic Church because you've swallowed the lies about it that you've been spoon fed all your life.
Catholic doctrine isn't your enemy - ignorance is . . .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, RealPresence said:

I was saved at Baptism, as the Bible states (Mark 16:16, John 3:5, 1 Pet. 3:21).  

Oh, ummmm - can YOU tell me where the Bible says we’re saved by “accepting Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior”??

Are you serious?? Rom 10:9, Acts 4:12. Water baptism does not save you. Only belief in Jesus Christ saves you, belief in the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ.

1 John 4:3 but every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.

Paul places the Son of Perdition nowhere else than in the very sanctuary of God.
The Pope sits (assumes a position of authority) as God in the temple of God.
The Pope is called the ‘Vicar of Christ’ which means ‘substitute for Christ.’
He proclaims to forgive sins.
He proclaims that salvation is only available through the Roman Catholic Church.
He preaches a message of ‘salvation by works’, instead of through the blood of Jesus.
The Pope of the Antichrist Roman Catholic Church misleads 1.2 Billion Catholics into believing that salvation is through them, not Jesus Christ.

Edited by Heb 13:8

44 minutes ago, RealPresence said:

I fiercely attack every heresy I come in contact with - because heresies lead people to Hell.
OSAS just happens to be the heresy of this particular thread.

YOU don't believe in the Catholic Church because you've swallowed the lies about it that you've been spoon fed all your life.
Catholic doctrine isn't your enemy - ignorance is . . .

It sounds like they really got you good. Are people praying for your salvation?

23 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

n/a

Edited by Heb 13:8

1 hour ago, RealPresence said:

1 John 4:3 But if someone claims to be a prophet and does not acknowledge the truth about Jesus, that person is not from God. Such a person has the spirit of the Antichrist, which you heard is coming into the world and indeed is already here.

Guest shiloh357
5 hours ago, RealPresence said:
WRONG.
Jesus is talking about salvation of the person’s SOUL here.  Salvation of the Body means nothing if the soul is lost.

No, if you look at Matt. 24 the context is a discussion of the Tribulation and Israel.